• Mar 27th, 2005 12:40 am
Tags:
None
Banned
Jan 21, 2004
2600 posts
5 upvotes

Accident Today, advice needed

I was driving down to Simcoe today (the red arrow on the map), someguy with an old Mercury hit me(blue arrow) on the driver side front fender.

That area of Richmond is a little tricky since they have red flashing lamp for Richmond cars and we at Simcoe have a stop sign.
Richmond is as you know 4 lanes and the cars on the 3 north lanes were stopped for me to pass but on the last lane this guy decides to hit on my car.

We haven't reported the accident yet, I got my car towed(need fender, bumper, lower bumper etc) and his was drivable. He says he will get a quote tomorrow so that we can 'settle' without the insurance involvement. He wants me to pay some portion of his damage and call it off.

Since I have all kinds of insurance problems (2 lost tickets this year, reneval hasn't showed up) I am inclined to settle but not sure who is in fault.

Who do you guys think is at fault here?

[IMG]http://209.15.18.43/325is/accident.gif[/IMG]
Fineprint: Any brand that have [rfdlink=#]double underline link[/rfdlink] on my posts are not endorsed by me (unless stated otherwise) and automatically placed by the forum software for the site owners' commercial interests.
6 replies
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
sounds like you are at fault from what you said. just want to clarify, you had a stop sign at the intersection and richmond cars have flashing red light??
Banned
Jan 21, 2004
2600 posts
5 upvotes
Yup Richmond cars have flashing red light.
The other 3 cars were stopped and I started to pass. This guy rams into mine

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/ ... tion3c.htm
Fineprint: Any brand that have [rfdlink=#]double underline link[/rfdlink] on my posts are not endorsed by me (unless stated otherwise) and automatically placed by the forum software for the site owners' commercial interests.
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1326 upvotes
Sauga
Did he make a stop at the flashing red? And did he do so before you made your stop at the Stop sign? (i.e., who 'reached' the intersection first?)
Banned
Jan 21, 2004
2600 posts
5 upvotes
I did stop first and start passing in front of other 3 cars on richmond. This guy is the fourth and he did not stop.
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1326 upvotes
Sauga
yatko wrote:I did stop first and start passing in front of other 3 cars on richmond. This guy is the fourth and he did not stop.
Then he's at fault, since he didn't stop at the flashing red.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)