Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Mar 15, 2013
289 posts
27 upvotes

accidentally RMA'ed the wrong hard drive (same model however) to Newegg

I purchased a Toshiba 3GB hard drive a few weeks ago for $129.99 from newegg. I opened the shipping box, but left the actual hard drive sealed.

Last week the same hard drive went on sale for $89.99 and I got it and removed it from the shipping container, but the hard drive remained sealed. I decided to RMA the $129.99 but I accidentally sent back the $89.99 hard drive (in the shipping container of the $129.99 one) because I mixed up the boxes (they are identical units).

Question - will my RMA get denied even though its the exact same hard drive, but the serial numbers are different? Will this affect my warranty in case I ever need to make a claim for the hard drive I kept (because the receipt I have is tied to the one that was physically returned)?
4 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10453 posts
2007 upvotes
Nowhere
What did Newegg say when you contacted them?
[OP]
Banned
Mar 15, 2013
289 posts
27 upvotes
They couldn't answer me properly online and that's the only way I have been able to contact them so far. Anyone here with actual advice?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
991 upvotes
N/A
What did Newegg say when you contacted them?
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
207 upvotes
Surrey
dontbother wrote:
Dec 7th, 2013 4:33 pm
They couldn't answer me properly online and that's the only way I have been able to contact them so far. Anyone here with actual advice?
The only "actual" advice you will receive is from the new egg. Assuming that the RMA information you provided included the serial number, there is indeed the possibility they will deny the RMA when received.
Alan lost his fight against cancer at just 5 years, 2 months old. I'm riding to Conquer Cancer, in memory of Alan.
Please donate toward my fundraising efforts and support research into childhood cancers.
Simply scan my avatar to go straight to the donation page!