• Sep 17th, 2017 9:23 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 8, 2017
19 posts
2 upvotes

Accounting by Wave

I was looking at various solutions for bookkeeping, etc.

After some suggestions of Wave... I am deciding to get into them and giving them a try. Considering most of the services are free (knock on wood), I can't really complain (yet).

I am curious for those who've gone this route, what your thoughts are. Both good and bad.
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2002
6837 posts
539 upvotes
Toronto
InvalidName wrote:
Aug 19th, 2017 12:26 pm
I was looking at various solutions for bookkeeping, etc.

After some suggestions of Wave... I am deciding to get into them and giving them a try. Considering most of the services are free (knock on wood), I can't really complain (yet).

I am curious for those who've gone this route, what your thoughts are. Both good and bad.
Your accountant won't like you if you do otherwise they're ok from my experience though I migrated away from them for other reasons.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1122 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto, ON
There is no reason for your accountant to dislike you if you use wave.
I completed one year with Wave just now. I maintain my books in wave and give him read only access.
He is ok with it and took all the data for all my return filling from wave.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2369 posts
537 upvotes
Newmarket
For accountants it is best when the clients use the software the accountants are familiar with, if they have to dick around the software and familiarize themselves it sill simply take more time, and time is money.
With that said if wave or other software can produce balance sheet, income statement, trial balance, gl, bank reconcilaitons, receivables and payables, and it indeed a proper bookkeeping/accounting package unlike quicken and few others, you should have no major issues.
May 14, 2011
75 posts
10 upvotes
Montreal
I tried to explore this software and trained one of my clients. it's pretty simple for recording expense and income, and it's friendly user. But for other accounting features, I'd still recommend other softwares.
Aug 15, 2010
167 posts
20 upvotes
Nanaimo
I have used Wave for about 3 years and have no issues with it.
Garland Coulson, "Captain Time"
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2006
3482 posts
93 upvotes
Halton
My wife also uses wave. She is considering quick books
Enjoy Life