None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2004
1304 posts
68 upvotes
Calgary

ACER 32" AT3201W LCD TV - $1169 @ Visions

Decent deal on the Acer AT3201W LCD TV . I have been told this unit has been discontinued. I have seen it in person connected to a PC via DVI and it is sweet.

15 replies
Nov 3, 2005
337 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Does TheSourceCC offer pricematching? Do you have a link to the flyer or a scan?
Jun 1, 2005
799 posts
5 upvotes
This has been discountinued? I saw it yesterday at Zellers. They only had the display model left.

I think it was priced at 1499. They had a 26' Aquos on sale for 1399 marked down from 1799. I guess that's an alright deal.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2004
1304 posts
68 upvotes
Calgary
uptown1 wrote:Does TheSourceCC offer pricematching? Do you have a link to the flyer or a scan?
No, AFAIK it's not in any flyer - saw the price in store.

Not sure about price matching at thesourcecc.

As for refurb - it seems pretty pricey for a refurb LCD display..only $70 cheaper than new (at competitor)?

As for being discontinued - an employee at Staples told me that - so who knows if it is true or not.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
1238 posts
62 upvotes
You might want to check with staples, since I know they carry a 32" Acer, with PM and Coupons you might get a sweet deal on it.

Winky Out.
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
359 upvotes
shuffle wrote:No, AFAIK it's not in any flyer - saw the price in store.
well, if u checkout Vision's latest online flyer, there's nothing advertised; just the same old "thousands of $ liquidation event" that comes up every 2 mths :rolleyes:
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2004
1304 posts
68 upvotes
Calgary
mrwinky wrote:You might want to check with staples, since I know they carry a 32" Acer, with PM and Coupons you might get a sweet deal on it.

Winky Out.
As stated above, they don't stock that unit anymore... they stated, at least at my local store, that it is discontinued. However, if you can find a model around, maybe some deals to be had...
May 15, 2005
736 posts
It is an excellent price for a new 32" LCD IMHO, thanks OP for the heads up.
Oct 11, 2004
237 posts
Ottawa
I own one of these, bought it about 8 months ago from [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] (they might still sell them, havent checked). But in my opinion it's a great TV - losts of imputs,=has good HD (xbox 360), and best of all it's cheap. From some of the reviews I read prior to purchasing it they refered to it having a noisy fan in the back, but that was in Europe, and the one I got has a black peice of plastic where the fan should go, which looks like a fan grill that wasen't drilled out, so i guess they reviesed it so a fan isin't needed.

So, overall good TV, great price :cheesygri

edit: Toms Hardware also reviewed this a while ago and decided its a good TV for the price - not as good as others that cost allot of $$$, but still good.
Spelling errors ahoy captain!
May 19, 2003
768 posts
47 upvotes
Mississauga
I picked this tv up during boxing week for $1,100 and must say i am very pleased.
I use it as my main pc monitor via DVI and it's very sharp and bright.
HD content and DVDs are a pleasure to watch and overall picture quality is very good.
Tons of inputs as well.
I doubt you will find any better in the $1100 price range.
Heatware: 59-0-0
Mar 13, 2003
37 posts
has anyone compared this to the 32" daytek at costco (same price)?

coments?
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2001
1323 posts
Daytek is 1000:1 contrast, this one is 800:1
Daytek is 8ms response, this one is 24ms
Not sure about the brightness.
Both support HDCP so that's good.

Plus, Costco >> Visions ;)
Mar 26, 2004
452 posts
Regina, Sk
I had the Daytek for a couple weeks before it died. I returned it to Costco and purchased the Acer.
Both tv's are very nice, but I found the the sharpness of the Acer is better.
I also like the fact that the Acer has a base that swivels and has detachable speakers.
I have the Acer on the wall of my bedroom hooked up to a HTPC and a set of logitech z5500's as well as a bell 9200 hd receiver. HD content looks sweet as does MCE 2005.
I like the tv so much I'm thinking of picking up another for the kids room.
Mar 26, 2004
452 posts
Regina, Sk
temporalillusion wrote:Daytek is 1000:1 contrast, this one is 800:1
Daytek is 8ms response, this one is 24ms
Not sure about the brightness.
Both support HDCP so that's good.

Plus, Costco >> Visions ;)

I'm sure the Acer has a 12ms response time.
× < >