Acer Aspire ONE upgrades how to
1. Unplug the ONE from the power supply (duh)
2. Remove the battery pack from ONE
3. Take a Small Screw Driver and remove the screws from the bottom of the system. Here is where the screws are:
3x - under where the battery sits
3x - under where the touch pad is
2x - under the rubber pads that sits right under the hinges (these are tricky because you need to remove the rubber legs. they are not hard to remove since they are only attached by doublesided tape)
4. To remove the Keyboard you'll need a flat head screw driver, there are 3 levers that holds the keyboard inplace. look closer they are above the following keys "Pause break" "F8" and "F2" (tips: remove the one in the middle "F8" first it makes life a lot easier) use the flat head screw driver and put the lever upward towards the screen and the key board should pop up
5. Start from the top and start peeling off the keyboard, there might be a little bit of tape sticking to the keyboard so becareful, watch out for the cable that is connecting the keyboard and the board, carefully remove the cable and the keyboard should come right off.
6. now you should see a few more screws on the metal plate under the keyboard, remove those screws (keep screw in different pile as they are slightly different in size)
7. once you have done that lift the lock for the touch pad and the cable should slide right out, it's right above your touch pad, you won't miss it.
8 carefully remove the face place along with the touchpad, don't worry aobut the pads....etc they are one component.
9. vola, you should see the mother board now just take a picture to record all the screw location. remove the connector to the SSD bottom right, and the LCD connector top left.
10. left the motherboard up and you will see the memory slot on the back of the motherboard, install teh RAM and reverse the process.
(the funny thing is if you go the default OS you'll see the memory is 2GB but it really is only 1.5 GB.)
HEre are the pics