Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Acer Aspire TC Desktop PC (Intel Ci5-6400 / 3TB HDD / 16GB RAM / ($699.99 Save: $300)

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2016 1:40 pm
Tags:
None
27 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5761 posts
3916 upvotes
Toronto
The CPU, RAM and hard drive would go for about 400-450 so for the last 250-300, you're getting a windows liscence(which is bound to the motherboard they give you) and a low quality motherboard, power supply and case. All in all it looks about right but it wouldn't cost much more to build a better quality machine(if at all, especially if you wait for deals and install windows yourself from an old copy).
Dec 19, 2008
250 posts
22 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: The CPU, RAM and hard drive would go for about 400-450 so for the last 250-300, you're getting a windows liscence(which is bound to the motherboard they give you) and a low quality motherboard, power supply and case. All in all it looks about right but it wouldn't cost much more to build a better quality machine(if at all, especially if you wait for deals and install windows yourself from an old copy).
i am not a guy who can build the computer by himself. so this unit maybe is ok for me. i more concern about the quality of computer, i don't want to get any trouble with this machine. is anyone know how the quality of Acer Desktop is?
May 3, 2015
168 posts
213 upvotes
5400 rpm hd kills it, although 16gb ram is tempting, you'll need to change HD for ssd or hybrid at least
you should consider buying piece individually using this tool https://choosemypc.net/
same system with ssd 240gb could cost you $600-$650
May 3, 2015
168 posts
213 upvotes
by experience Acer Aspire TC desktops are reliable, worked on 2 of these, had no problem since purchase date (2013)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5761 posts
3916 upvotes
Toronto
excell wrote: i am not a guy who can build the computer by himself. so this unit maybe is ok for me. i more concern about the quality of computer, i don't want to get any trouble with this machine. is anyone know how the quality of Acer Desktop is?
So it's actually not as hard as people think it is but you could also likely find a techy friend to help you out. The concern with OEM computers is that they often skimp on the less visible specs so you end up with(as another posted pointed out) a slow hard drive(which you will notice) and low quality components that make any sort of future expansion next to impossible. Failing that, go check out actual computer stores that build computers in house since they will often build computers with better component than the low grade ones that Acer or Dell(or another OEM) will provide.
May 3, 2015
168 posts
213 upvotes
same, it is what it is, same quality, 1y warranty ...
not as reliable as business quality desktops with 3y warranty, like dell optiplex, Lenovo thinkcentre, acer veriton, hp elitedesk, etc
what i'm saying is you're buying home user quality desktop, try to avoid basic hardware, go with i5/i7, a good hard drive (7200rpm or ssd), at least 8gb ram.
Dec 16, 2009
656 posts
811 upvotes
excell wrote: in terms of quality, which one is more reliable ? Dell or Acer ?
I'd say these two are closely matched for quality/reliability. Most people probably have them as second-tier, I personally have them as LOW second-tier. That said, I have no problem buying/using their products, and am working on imaging 4 Acers for a job right now.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2007
1300 posts
705 upvotes
Is reliability really a concern these days? Aside from the hard drive, the other components will last well after you stopped caring.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
6493 posts
3282 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
EmileB333 wrote: by experience Acer Aspire TC desktops are reliable, worked on 2 of these, had no problem since purchase date (2013)
I've had the opposite experience. I had multiple failures with mine a few years ago, the motherboard included.
¯\_(-.-)_/¯ A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Behold!
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12638 posts
6009 upvotes
We have an Acer laptop in the house - bought at Shoppers.

No issues at all. Works great.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5077 posts
2788 upvotes
Edmonton
Any small computer shop can build you a comparable or better workstation.... Really depends on what specs you need and where you want to splurge/skimp. (Video card, SSD, etc) If you want to play games, etc etc....

There's nothing really wrong with this Acer machine, but generally they're using smaller power supplies, cheaper video, etc.
Penalty Box
Jan 7, 2011
1458 posts
171 upvotes
KW
i5 6400 is clocked too low and barely keeps up with the much higher clocked i3 6100 on many applications the majority of which still don't use 4 cores.
5400 speed HD is extremely dated/poor
No video card and integrated Intel HD Graphics 530 is very limited.
300W power supply limits video card upgrade options.
No open memory slots for upgrading.
Will be filed with crapware.

At this price point watch Newegg gaming refurbs there was one up last week that absolutely crushed this for the same money.
Dec 31, 2009
639 posts
26 upvotes
I definitely wouldn't pick this up OP. This desktop has gone for $599 one time before, as I picked it up for my company.

I know you may be scared to build your own, which is fair, but you get a much better value. Also, there are quite a bit of prebuilts that should compare to this desktop at $500-$600 range.
Dec 19, 2008
250 posts
22 upvotes
SplitSnake wrote: I definitely wouldn't pick this up OP. This desktop has gone for $599 one time before, as I picked it up for my company.

I know you may be scared to build your own, which is fair, but you get a much better value. Also, there are quite a bit of prebuilts that should compare to this desktop at $500-$600 range.
you are right i am scared to build my own. do you have any recommendation of the prebuilts that compare to this desktop at $500-600 range? thanks