Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

Acer Iconia W3 Tablet for $99

Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1040 posts
1222 upvotes
Kingston
Damn! None in stock at my local store... Anyone else know of any other decent deals on a similar tablet? I really need to get my hands on a Windows 8" to 10" tablet...
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5834 posts
1677 upvotes
Kazuma wrote: Oh crap. I forgot to mention check the stock level. There's only a few store that has it. Good call sexyj!
I work right around the corner from the Whitby location. I live about 5 minutes away from the Unionville location.wish I saw this post earlier.
Dec 12, 2014
20 posts
5 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Aggy wrote: I work right around the corner from the Whitby location. I live about 5 minutes away from the Unionville location.wish I saw this post earlier.
Sorry about that. I should have posted this a bit earlier..
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1900 posts
2263 upvotes
Calgary
If this is brand new, it should come with an Office 2013 Home and Student Key inside the box. That alone is worth $139 on its own.
Aug 15, 2014
69 posts
104 upvotes
Saint-Hubert-Riviere…
Today I received my Iconia W3 from The Source, DOA. The tablet won’t power on nor charge. The problem is related to the old bios shipped with the tablet from 2013. This bios prevent the tablet from charging, so, the fix is to update the bios to the newest 1.07 bios. The problem is that the tablet being produced in 2013, there is no power left on the battery. If you try to hook it to power charger, nothing will move.
To solve the issue, do the following:
- connect the charger to the tablet
- with the power connected, reset the tablet (keep the reset button located next to the sd card pushed with a needle for at least 5 seconds)
- nothing will move, don’t panic, just let the tablet connected to power for at least one hour (or more)
- with the tablet still connected push short the power button. At some point, the tablet will power on.
- Do not cut the power until the new bios is flashed
- Let Windows do the first start procedure
- After the tablet has internet connection, go to acer site and download the 1.07 bios flash utility (search by serial number, fastest way)
- After download, run the executable and wait to flash the bios.
- After the tablet reboots, you will notice the led on the power button is orange, so it is charging.

Good luck.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2003
1773 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
ID01 wrote: Definitely Hot deal if you actually need the tablet, it is a real Windows 8 Laptop tablet, not an android or RT.

Usability is a problem, 2 GB on Windows 8 with atom is usually crawling at best. If performance is not an issue, $100 CAD for an extra windows 8 (upgrade to 8.1 is possible) PC is not a bad deal at all.

their regular price $140 is already a heavily discounted price. Pretty much anywhere else sell refurbish for for then $140 CAD.

this tablet uses old generation atom Z2xxx series. its too slow.

COLD
MY RIG:

C2D E6400 2.1ghz @ 4.2ghz (ran stock only - fast enough - idle 23'C, max load - 39'C)
4gb Kingston DDR2-800 PC6400
Biostar Tforce 965p
ATI 4850 w/ Accelero 2 cooler. (idle 40'C, max load 50'C)