[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
8530 posts
2134 upvotes
Waterloo, ON

[Acronis] Acronis True Image Personal 2010

More offers from Acronis
Added: Original free deal at giveaway.downloadcrew.comhas expired but those with WD or Seagate HDs can get a free version from the manufacturers' sites.
If you have a WD or Seagate HD or SSD installed in your PC or connected to it via USB/Firewire.
WD: Acronis True Image WD Edition Software
Seagate: DiscWizard
As long as there's at least one WD/Seagate drive in your system you can still use these version with other makes of HD like Hitachi and Samsung.

http://giveaway.downloadcrew.com/
Please follow the instructions below about how to get your code. You receive a unique "stub code" after registering here and, using your unique stub code, insert this in to Acronis True Image Personal 2010 to get your full code, direct from Acronis.

This offer is available from 18:00 Thursday January 19th 2012, Eastern Standard Time, through to 23:59 Friday January 20th 2012.

This giveaway offer is only available to residents of the United States and Canada. Sorry, but that was one of the restrictions placed on this promotion by Acronis, Inc who authorized this promotion.
The above quote actually says 2011 but the comments are all dated today so I corrected the apparent misprint.

You have to register at the site to get your "stub code." Use a throw-away e-mail address, e.g. from http://1dl.us/
veni, vidi, Visa

Help me boost my Downvote count. Please click 👎 below. Thank you.
10 replies
Jan 1, 2011
116 posts
32 upvotes
Vaudreuil-Dorion
its free any time at western digital hard drive site :)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
8530 posts
2134 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
darksniperx wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2012 1:57 pm
Only if you have a WD HD installed in the PC or connected to it via USB/Firewire. The offer in this thread has no such restriction, i.e. you can use it with a Hitachi or Samsung HD.

Seagate also offers a custom build of Acronis for free under similar restrictions to WD's (except it's got to be a Seagate drive.)
Links to the OEM versions:
Seagate: DiscWizard
WD: Acronis True Image WD Edition Software
veni, vidi, Visa

Sep 25, 2002
227 posts
127 upvotes
darksniperx wrote:
I missed the offer posted by the OP, but my PC has a WD hard drive, so you saved me! Thanks much!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
9120 posts
1224 upvotes
I think WD/Seagate version is the "lite" verison. Any change for that?

darksniperx wrote:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
8530 posts
2134 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
82 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2012 9:57 am
I think WD/Seagate version is the "lite" verison. Any change for that?
It's the "full" personal version, i.e. does partitioning, full/incremental backup, full/selective restore, imaging, recovery, etc. Download the manuals from the links I provided and see for yourself.
veni, vidi, Visa

Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
9120 posts
1224 upvotes
Thanks, good to know. I tried them a few years ago, back then was still a Lite version. Does it support Linux partition resizing?

bylo wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2012 10:38 am
It's the "full" personal version, i.e. does partitioning, full/incremental backup, full/selective restore, imaging, recovery, etc. Download the manuals from the links I provided and see for yourself.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
6503 posts
4944 upvotes
You do realize this is 2 versions old...

Acronis True Image 2011... Acronis True Image 2012...

It's nice that it's free and all, and it works very well. (purchased at stooples for $19.99 as soon as 2011 came out)

But would I want XP even if it was free?

I'll still give you a thanks OP!

:cheesygri :cheesygri :cheesygri

Oh by the way, this should be moved to expired, since it is no longer available for download.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
8530 posts
2134 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
IDStorms wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2012 12:03 pm
You do realize this is 2 versions old... Acronis True Image 2011... Acronis True Image 2012...
What do they do that this version can't? How important is that? Maybe when Win8 comes out this version won't support it. But in my experience WD will post a newer version that does.
But would I want XP even if it was free?
There's absolutely nothing wrong with XP for basic work on a low-end system. Yes it lacks some useful features (and a lot of gratuitous eyecandy and other useless bloat) that's in Vista/7 but with an older, slower PC, that's a plus for XP.
veni, vidi, Visa

Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
6503 posts
4944 upvotes
bylo wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2012 1:08 pm
What do they do that this version can't? How important is that? Maybe when Win8 comes out this version won't support it. But in my experience WD will post a newer version that does.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with XP for basic work on a low-end system. Yes it lacks some useful features (and a lot of gratuitous eyecandy and other useless bloat) that's in Vista/7 but with an older, slower PC, that's a plus for XP.

Which is why I gave you a "Thank"

Like I said, I have it installed, and it works well (Win 7 Pro)

Free is free... It's a good program!

bylo, I didn't intend to bash your post in any way.

I know so many people who refuse to use "older" programs,
so I was just making reference. (besides the fact that it is no longer available for download)

Those who downloaded it, WILL appreciate it.
Jan 1, 2011
116 posts
32 upvotes
Vaudreuil-Dorion
It works for me without wde hd's. I have 2 seagates :)
× < >