Active jobs that I can retrain into at night/weekends or less than a year

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2018 10:03 am
[OP]
Dec 13, 2016
750 posts
385 upvotes

Active jobs that I can retrain into at night/weekends or less than a year

I work for Canada Post right now as a letter carrier. I love the active nature of the job. With office jobs, I have real problem with feeling sleepy. I never have that problem in this job and it has been a revelation. Right now, I'm concerned about aspects of the culture and the deterioration of the job at Canada Post.

I want to study at night at first at least. I'm willing to retrain and I'm willing to work weekends if I have to. I'm also willing to travel.

My hard goals is for it to be mostly outside work and for it to potentially pay in the 60-80k range. My softer goals would for it to be a job that can travel.

Any ideas? I'm trying to gather as many as possible.
2 replies
Feb 20, 2017
289 posts
89 upvotes
Barrie, ON
jmomccxx wrote:
Mar 5th, 2018 1:41 am
I work for Canada Post right now as a letter carrier. I love the active nature of the job. With office jobs, I have real problem with feeling sleepy. I never have that problem in this job and it has been a revelation. Right now, I'm concerned about aspects of the culture and the deterioration of the job at Canada Post.

I want to study at night at first at least. I'm willing to retrain and I'm willing to work weekends if I have to. I'm also willing to travel.

My hard goals is for it to be mostly outside work and for it to potentially pay in the 60-80k range. My softer goals would for it to be a job that can travel.

Most trades fit your description, forestry, hydro one repairs (electrician). Plumbers don't work outside but sometimes they do depending on nature of the work.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
6711 posts
3870 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
jmomccxx wrote:
Mar 5th, 2018 1:41 am

I would say something in the trades. I don't know about the night school aspect (I've never looked into it), but if you want to make good money working with your hands and not stuck in an office, that would be my suggestion.