Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Actively - Pass] Get awesome activities to do in your area, $20.00 (33% off)

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2016 8:37 pm
Jan 21, 2012
388 posts
102 upvotes

[Actively - Pass] Get awesome activities to do in your area, $20.00 (33% off)

Price:
$20
Savings:
33% off
Expiry:
May 31, 2016
Came across a new service that was developed by WLU + UW students. Perfect for anyone who is looking for activities to do in their local area or one they are unfamiliar with. With the discount, it comes at pretty good value as it'll save you hours of trying to find things to do and there's no limit to how many requests you submit.

The service comes as a pass to the platform and is discounted by 33% for their launch. You have to use the discount code "FUN" upon checkout to redeem.

Been in contact with one of the customer service reps and this is what they offer for their "Actively Pass":
  • Curated activities based on personal interests and goals
  • Monthly activity blasts
  • Both paid and free activity options
  • Discounts on paid activities from partner organizations
  • On-demand activity bookings with options to be grouped with other people
Example Activities Include:
  • Dodgeball event
  • Learning golf with others
  • Fine dining
  • Salsa dancing
  • Canoeing
  • Badminton drop-in
  • Basketball pick-up games
Order the pass here: https://www.goactively.com/
10 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3874 posts
5397 upvotes
Oakville
Sounds like the Paid version of Meetups and Groupon.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Oct 16, 2006
315 posts
334 upvotes
Waterloo
So does the price cover the cost of the activities or is it just a cost for the recommendation? How many activities a month?
Jan 21, 2012
388 posts
102 upvotes
zdpz wrote: Sounds like the Paid version of Meetups and Groupon.
There definitely are parallels. I would say that it is focused on pure activities to do with other people and doesn't limit you to paid deals like Groupon.
Jan 21, 2012
388 posts
102 upvotes
Sling wrote: So does the price cover the cost of the activities or is it just a cost for the recommendation? How many activities a month?
It includes the arrangement of free and paid events. It does not cover the total cost of a paid event but you will get access to discounts.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
This is interesting... I'll have to check it out. My work firewall blocks their site, though :/
Jan 21, 2012
388 posts
102 upvotes
wearysky wrote: This is interesting... I'll have to check it out. My work firewall blocks their site, though :/
Very strange, not quite sure why it is. If you have any specific questions, I can tell you about my experience.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
BrandonChow wrote: Very strange, not quite sure why it is. If you have any specific questions, I can tell you about my experience.
My work firewall blocks all kinds of random harmless sites. I found out today that my Doctor's office's website was blocked. These firewall companies are stupid, they don't vet their lists at all.
Apr 5, 2010
527 posts
246 upvotes
Mississauga
This is the same idea is classpass. I will support local for sure even though classpass is in local market.
Jan 21, 2012
388 posts
102 upvotes
wearysky wrote: My work firewall blocks all kinds of random harmless sites. I found out today that my Doctor's office's website was blocked. These firewall companies are stupid, they don't vet their lists at all.
Yeah that's unfortunate!
Jan 21, 2012
388 posts
102 upvotes
dealixious wrote: This is the same idea is classpass. I will support local for sure even though classpass is in local market.
They are similar but it looks like Classpass is limited to studios and gyms. It is also a more expensive membership which includes a limited number of classes every month. The Actively Pass helps find and arrange the activities for you, doesn't include any paid activities within the cost.

Great idea to support the local businesses and wish more people did it!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)