Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16472 posts
1457 upvotes
Space for rent

Acute Nausea and Vomitting

Didn't realize it was a thing until just now Googling..

What is acute nausea and vomiting?
Acute nausea and vomiting starts suddenly, gets worse quickly, and lasts a short time.

https://www.drugs.com/cg/acute-nausea-and-vomiting.html

Had it last night out of the blue. I was drinking a lot of iced club soda throughout the day, may be 6-8 355ml cans. Working off the excess beef patties I bought the day before and some Fudge-cicle that I also had in the fridge. During the evening I suddenly felt the room spinning it was crazily scary. My mind didn't know what to make of it but there I was laying in bed trying to calm my self only to feel like something was coming up when I was laying down. Felt marginally better sitting up but the urge to keep my stomach's content down was too much and finally made it to the washroom and just had expel it all out. All the while my entire upper body was drenched in sweat. I could see so much perspiration it was as if I had just stepped out of the shower and hadn't dried myself.

While this was happening, I kept thinking "not again" because about 3-4 weeks ago I had a pretty serious case of food poisoning and was bed ridden for 3 days with excruciating stomach pains that made me question whether or not I would make it through; it was bad. Luckily I woke up this morning relatively unscathed this time around. No lingering effects from last night but it's time like these that I really feel that exercise, proper eating and proper hygiene is so important. You do not want to feel like this, EVER, if you can help it.
7 replies
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16472 posts
1457 upvotes
Space for rent
Whatever it was, it was scary. I haven't ruled out heat exhaustion either. I was well hydrated but the apartment was hot.

Read up on veritgo and it's a serious trip. For people suffering from it long term it must be hell.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11971 posts
1737 upvotes
City of Vancouver
What did u eat besides liquids?
De gustibus non est disputandum
"Crazy people will make even sane people crazy."-- Becks
"Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself."-- Confucius
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16472 posts
1457 upvotes
Space for rent
Becks wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 10:01 pm
What did u eat besides liquids?
Patties and ice cream.
I'm developing a allergic reaction to heat. For the last few summers I've been sneezing up a storm every time I have to spend any amount of time in doors that is hot and stale. AC adds this weird ozone to the atmosphere and a window fan brings in the hot arid air from outside which doesn't do much better. Both scenarios usually sends my sinus into a frenzy and I'll sneeze so much that I lose my voice for a few days to a week. Already had it once this year, earlier this month I fact. June was brutal health wise. Food poisoning then the sneezing afterwards and now this vertigo thing.

Sucks getting old. You get sick more easily, chronic pains instead you never thought you had, weight gain, bags under your eyes, insomnia, ect.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11971 posts
1737 upvotes
City of Vancouver
When u start sneezing, immediately guzzle down a glass of water or more. The longer u wait, the less control u will have over feeling sneezy.

Sucks getting old? U r still in ur 30's!
De gustibus non est disputandum
"Crazy people will make even sane people crazy."-- Becks
"Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself."-- Confucius
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6683 posts
1245 upvotes
Mississauga
Supercooled wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 12:37 pm
Didn't realize it was a thing until just now Googling..

What is acute nausea and vomiting?
Acute nausea and vomiting starts suddenly, gets worse quickly, and lasts a short time.

https://www.drugs.com/cg/acute-nausea-and-vomiting.html

Had it last night out of the blue. I was drinking a lot of iced club soda throughout the day, may be 6-8 355ml cans. Working off the excess beef patties I bought the day before and some Fudge-cicle that I also had in the fridge. During the evening I suddenly felt the room spinning it was crazily scary. My mind didn't know what to make of it but there I was laying in bed trying to calm my self only to feel like something was coming up when I was laying down. Felt marginally better sitting up but the urge to keep my stomach's content down was too much and finally made it to the washroom and just had expel it all out. All the while my entire upper body was drenched in sweat. I could see so much perspiration it was as if I had just stepped out of the shower and hadn't dried myself.

While this was happening, I kept thinking "not again" because about 3-4 weeks ago I had a pretty serious case of food poisoning and was bed ridden for 3 days with excruciating stomach pains that made me question whether or not I would make it through; it was bad. Luckily I woke up this morning relatively unscathed this time around. No lingering effects from last night but it's time like these that I really feel that exercise, proper eating and proper hygiene is so important. You do not want to feel like this, EVER, if you can help it.
You might want to see a doctor to figure out what is going on.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
5164 posts
498 upvotes
Supercooled wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 2:45 am
Patties and ice cream.
I'm developing a allergic reaction to heat. For the last few summers I've been sneezing up a storm every time I have to spend any amount of time in doors that is hot and stale. AC adds this weird ozone to the atmosphere and a window fan brings in the hot arid air from outside which doesn't do much better. Both scenarios usually sends my sinus into a frenzy and I'll sneeze so much that I lose my voice for a few days to a week. Already had it once this year, earlier this month I fact. June was brutal health wise. Food poisoning then the sneezing afterwards and now this vertigo thing.

Sucks getting old. You get sick more easily, chronic pains instead you never thought you had, weight gain, bags under your eyes, insomnia, ect.[\b]

Those symptoms are related more to lifestyle factors than age. Of course age influences lifestyle somewhat but it's not like age trumps lifestyle factors that influence health outcomes.