Adams Natural Peanut Butter contains added salt

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2018 10:40 am
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes

Adams Natural Peanut Butter contains added salt

I bought a bunch of Adams peanut butter for the first time and was shocked to find out that it has added salt! I can taste the salt when I eat it straight out of the jar!!! Kraft natural peanut butter has no added salt. My PC Blue Menu almond butter has no added salt. I guess I should be happy that Adams didn't add sugar. I'm sticking to Kraft next time.
12 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
^ Has anyone here ever seen 4 varieties of Adams peanut butter together on the shelf?!?!?! I don't think so!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 11, 2004
5317 posts
3943 upvotes
Milton, ON.
Becks wrote: ^ Has anyone here ever seen 4 varieties of Adams peanut butter together on the shelf?!?!?! I don't think so!
Yes. Lots. The salted one is too salty for me too. The no salt ones are great.
Dec 28, 2008
139 posts
160 upvotes
I love Adams for this reason. Once I switched over to salted peanut butter, I can't go back. When I eat Kraft or PC natural, I add salt to improve the flavour.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
cRaZyRaVr wrote: Yes. Lots. The salted one is too salty for me too. The no salt ones are great.
Where? Whole Foods? If yes, they don't price match.
Dec 21, 2016
198 posts
121 upvotes
Try Nut to you brand next time. They are good and pure.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 11, 2004
5317 posts
3943 upvotes
Milton, ON.
Becks wrote: Where? Whole Foods? If yes, they don't price match.
You did not specify :)
Alternatively, why not make your own? Stupid easy and you know exactly whats in it. If you do, I am willing to bet you will add a bit of salt to bring out the taste.
Sep 21, 2017
483 posts
502 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm pretty sure most grocery stores that carry adams have both unsalted and salted.
A funny thing I saw once was my roommate would buy Adam's peanut butter and instead of stirring the oil that naturally separates he would dump it in the garbage. He said it was to make it more healthy, but the end result was so dry and chalky.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 11, 2004
5317 posts
3943 upvotes
Milton, ON.
funcanuck wrote: I'm pretty sure most grocery stores that carry adams have both unsalted and salted.
A funny thing I saw once was my roommate would buy Adam's peanut butter and instead of stirring the oil that naturally separates he would dump it in the garbage. He said it was to make it more healthy, but the end result was so dry and chalky.
LOL hahahaha. Store the nut butter upside down.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7941 posts
5483 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Adams natural peanut butter is the best (I've had them all). A bit of salt makes all the difference (unsalted is too blah to me).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)