• Sep 20th, 2012 11:26 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
1410 posts
128 upvotes

Adding Yahoo.ca email to Blackberry Playbook

Im trying to configure a playbook for my dad, and I'm having issues adding a yahoo.ca email address. Anyone here have any luck?

I've tried these instructions with and with out changing the .com's to .ca's

On the Home Screen, click on the Options cog at the top right corner of the System tray
Click on Accounts
Click on Add New Account
Click on Email, Calendar and Contacts
Enter a valid Email Account (for example, user01@rogers.com)
Enter a valid Password. Click the Show Password checkbox to ensure the password is correct.
Click Advanced Set Up
On the Account Integration screen, the Description field is optional, but can be filled in for clarity if multiple accounts are created on the BlackBerry PlayBook.
Username and Email Address fields should both be the email address that was entered above.
Password is the password that was entered above.
Server Address field should show imap.mail.yahoo.com on Port 993 with the Use SSLswitch set to ON.
SMTP Username should be the email address that was entered above.
SMTP Password is the password that was entered above.
SMTP Server Address may default to smtp.mail.yahoo.com. It can also besmtp.broadband.rogers.com.
SMTP Port is 465.
SMTP Use SSL switch should be set to ON.
Use push if supported should be set to ON.
Sync Interval can be changed with these values : 5 Minutes, 15 Minutes, 30 Minutes, 1 Hour, 2 Hours, 4 Hours, 24 Hours, or Manual. The default is 5 Minutes.
Amount to Sync can be changed with these values : 7 Days, 14 Days, 30 Days, or No Limit.
Click Save to finish.

Any ideas? Its on OS 2.0.1.358

Winky
1 reply
Sep 19, 2012
5 posts
1 upvote
ETOBICOKE
I've configured my wife's Playbook with Yahoo address without going to Advanced Setup. Just email address and password were needed. Not sure if it was yahoo.com or yahoo.ca, though...