• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2019 8:16 am
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4807 posts
1801 upvotes

Advice for camera Canon T6i VS Sony A6000

Good Morning,
I am seeking advice for an camera. I found those of these, Sony A6000 and Canon T6i. I am an beginner.
Thank you
10 replies
Deal Addict
May 5, 2010
1534 posts
886 upvotes
What's your budget?

If you're buying used, Canon DSLR is the cheapest option you can get for little money.
Nikon DSLR after, then M43, then Canon APS-C & Sony APS-C, then Fujifilm, etc. in term of cost for body+lenses.

If you have a medium sized budget, I'll definitely recommend you to Fujifilm's X-T3. You can't learn quicker than having all the major adjustments as dials on the camera.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
In order to give you the best possible advise, it would be good if you can give us an idea of what type(s) of pictures you are most interested in taking - as well as an idea of your budget.
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4807 posts
1801 upvotes
I want to photograph nature, animals, birds etc. But also my new kid as he grows

I found Canon t6i used for $700 with two lens and I saw the sony a6000 brand-new on Amazon with two lenses for $749 on sale now.

I hoping to stay around 1k for budget.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
Both are good cameras. I'm more of a Sony person so am probably a bit biased.

Sony lenses are pretty expensive but the deal you found on Amazon looks like it would be a good bet for you. The A6000 is small, light and has fast focus (and eye autofocus - which is great for photographing active kids.

This is a video Gary Fong did showing how well the A6000 does tracking moving children:
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Banned
Mar 31, 2019
5 posts
2 upvotes
Both the cameras (Canon EOS Rebel T6i and Sony A6000) are equally good and do not have much difference in their specifications from each other. However, it all depends on your budget as well. But, I personally like the Sony A6000 for its:

- Higher ISO (25,600)
- 179 Focus Points
- 100% ViewFinder Coverage
- 11 frames per second continuous shooting

I came across [...] on Shopbot and the prices on Camera and Camera Lenses are really low! Check it out for yourself.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Apr 19th, 2019 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spam removed
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1588 posts
1599 upvotes
Montreal
sherylgaskin wrote: I came across [...] on Shopbot and the prices on Camera and Camera Lenses are really low! Check it out for yourself.
Are you associated with that company? Gray market store with no warranty, hard to recommand.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Apr 19th, 2019 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit in quote
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
2087 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
I compare the t7i against a m43 sensor camera, both using the supplied kit lense. The IQ on the m43 is so much better - color, sharpness, contrast. And the m43 is so tiny and easy to carry. My recommendation is compare them side by side and see for yourself.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
13194 posts
7650 upvotes
Kanata
EEE2 wrote: I want to photograph nature, animals, birds etc. But also my new kid as he grows

I found Canon t6i used for $700 with two lens and I saw the sony a6000 brand-new on Amazon with two lenses for $749 on sale now.

I hoping to stay around 1k for budget.
Part of the problem with wanting to shoot animals/birds, is you can never have enough reach. Sony doesn't have as many lenses available (third party or native) with the long reach that the Canon has. If you intend to shoot alot of wildlife, I would go towards the Canon, especially if budget is of concern.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4807 posts
1801 upvotes
goofball wrote: Part of the problem with wanting to shoot animals/birds, is you can never have enough reach. Sony doesn't have as many lenses available (third party or native) with the long reach that the Canon has. If you intend to shoot alot of wildlife, I would go towards the Canon, especially if budget is of concern.
What do you recommend for my lenses?
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
13194 posts
7650 upvotes
Kanata
EEE2 wrote: What do you recommend for my lenses?
Depends on how serious you are. I use a 500mm lens and feel I could still be closer.
Take a look around on flickr or other photography forums, and see what are being posted and the EXIF data. That will give you a good idea of the lenses being used, and the focal length.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)