Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 7, 2005
1337 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto

Advice Please: Orthodontist for Braces

I recently went to an orthodontist to get a quote on how much it will cost to get braces for my teeth. I am 24 years old right now.

They quote me 5500 on visible braces and 6000 on invisible braces. It seems a little high to me. Does anyone know approximately how much I should be spending?

Note that I will only purchase invisible braces.

When I went in for consultation, the ortho said my teeth was in good shape (no crowding, slight overbite) and teeth removal is not needed. He said that I'm ready to go once I agree. He said that it will take approximately 18 months for the treatment to be completed. I just have a large gap in my front 2 teeth.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
3411 posts
72 upvotes
Highly dependent on duration of treatment, and how much movement of the teeth is involved..
Apr 2, 2008
26 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah what Eyies said. I got my braces for a little over $2000 and that was the cheapest I could find for my needs. My teeth were not in bad shape at all, but I got one of my teeth knocked out when I was small so I had to fix a small part of it. I didn't require any teeth extraction or any other special treatments so I guess $2000 is really the "basic" price you're looking at (and a bit on the cheaper side, too). But yeah, it really depends on how much work your teeth needs to get done and for how long your doctor recommends your treatment. I would highly suggest you go to several doctors and get an appraisal before settling down on one so you get a feel of the price range for your teeth works. : )
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
2698 posts
80 upvotes
Etobicoke
Kwamz wrote: I recently went to an orthodontist to get a quote on how much it will cost to get braces for my teeth. I am 24 years old right now.

They quote me 5500 on visible braces and 6000 on invisible braces. It seems a little high to me. Does anyone know approximately how much I should be spending?

Note that I will only purchase invisible braces.

When I went in for consultation, the ortho said my teeth was in good shape (no crowding, slight overbite) and teeth removal is not needed. He said that I'm ready to go once I agree. He said that it will take approximately 18 months for the treatment to be completed. I just have a large gap in my front 2 teeth.
your almost in the EXACT same situation as me. I also have a slight overbite and a couple small spaces. I am getting invisaline invisible braces. I am paying $5500 in total and will need to keep them on for 18 months. PM me if you need any other details
Jul 2, 2007
70 posts
18 upvotes
Ottawa
My braces cost about 6 grand - ceramic, not invisalign
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2004
1335 posts
25 upvotes
Final cosmetic results are superior with brackets and wire. Invisalign have a higher relapse rate and AWFUL patient compliance- prolonging treatment much longer than we often anticipate. With that said- Invisalign works most of the time if you wear your trays diligently (and don't have lots of rotation requirements)
Why is nobody on RFD accountable for their actions???
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
1037 posts
2 upvotes
Pickering
If you're just wanting to fix a gap between your two upper centrals, then I'd consider veneers. They're less expensive, and won't mess up the rest of your teeth (which you are happy with in the first place?)
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2006
1182 posts
62 upvotes
you can save money by finding an orthodontist in a more saturated part of the city, or perhaps a general dentist (since your case is straight forward). Even cheaper, just get a couple of composite fillings to close the diastema. Any cheaper than that you will have to get it done in Mexico :D

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)