Cell Phones

Advice requested: (Fido) Galaxy Nexus or Motorola Razr HD?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2012 4:12 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2003
1471 posts
774 upvotes

Advice requested: (Fido) Galaxy Nexus or Motorola Razr HD?

I renewed my contract (2 yrs) and have my choice of Android phones.

Choices are:
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- Motorola Razr HD (not yet on Fido web site)
- HTC One S

I will likely sell the phone since I got on the Koodo Galaxy SIIx deal.
Or should I sell the SIIx and keep one of the above choices?

Advice appreciated, not sure what to do! Thanks.
19 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
3490 posts
163 upvotes
Pickering, ON
I take it these phones are free for re-signing?

I think most people would recommend you to take the Galaxy Nexus or keep the SIIx.

Motorola Razr HD might have the most return if you sell, but I'm not sure how big the market is for that phone.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2003
1471 posts
774 upvotes
Thanks for the opinion.
I am leaning to the Nexus since it will be easier to sell.
Yes, they are all free.

Other thoughts/opinions?
Sep 25, 2007
508 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
Just cause he's got a doctor profile pic doesn't mean you have to look for second opinions. :p

Um, have a look at craigslist or BST section and figure out which one is selling for the most and get that one to sell. Currently the Galaxy Nexus has a fairly high supply which can lower price even if it is easier to sell. It's a buyer's market for the nexus.

Edit: have a look at the number of views on a thread to gauge actual interest. Locked phones can sometimes sell for more because of the artificial barrier of the locking.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2009
12488 posts
1742 upvotes
Toronto
jakemtl wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 11:28 am
I renewed my contract (2 yrs) and have my choice of Android phones.

Choices are:
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- Motorola Razr HD (not yet on Fido web site)
- HTC One S
Motorola Droid Razr HD on Fido's website.

I took the Razr HD. It's Motorola's flagship phone and they say the skin is very close to stock Android. The updates are a little slower, but it does include stuff like LTE and microSD, as well as micro-HDMI.

BTW, if you go to Best Buy before you renew (and you don't have to early HUP or something), you can get the Fido Galaxy Nexus for $0, and then they pay you $150 in a gift card to take the phone if you sign up with a 2-year plan.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/sam ... b2a503en02
Jun 11, 2009
767 posts
81 upvotes
Mississauga
Reception wise and battery wise, Razr HD.
Frequent updates wise, Nexus.

If you want to keep your current phone for atleast two years. I would say sell the s2x and get one of those two.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2003
1471 posts
774 upvotes
Thank you for the opinions.

EugW - thanks for pointing out the $150 gift card link for the NExus. Unfortunately it seems like it is for new activations only.

I'm leaning towards the Razr HD since I think it will sell for the most $. I'm very happy with my S2x
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2010
2635 posts
161 upvotes
Razr HD. Sell the S2x. Better battery life is always a plus and it will serve the 2 years fine given decent specs.
Owner of hunks of metal, silicon, glass, plastic with 1s and 0s and some electrons powering them.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3227 posts
342 upvotes
Sell the S2X... I am getting rid of mine and picking up a Razr hd
Jun 2, 2010
518 posts
30 upvotes
The razr is water resistant and impact resistant as well.

The galaxy nexus has a 5mp camera and no sd slot. but it gets the latest android updates (with no bloat ware), and is factory unlocked.
Jun 8, 2007
614 posts
113 upvotes
Oshawa
Sitting in the same boat. I have 2 lines going month to month as of next week, both on the $56 plan. Have 2 Nexus 4's on order due in this week but pondering signing up for the Razr HD's and selling the Nexii. Freaking decisions.
Nov 10, 2006
316 posts
45 upvotes
so did you make a decision? trying to figure out the same!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2003
1471 posts
774 upvotes
I went with the Razr HD - it's pretty awesome. I think I can get more for it than I can for my S2x (and I like my S2x) so I will sell the Razr. It's sitting brand new in box, will post it next week.

I went with the Razr or a few reasons:
- Newer device compared to the Nexus
- great build quality
- LTE
- awesome screen
- long battery life
- MicroSD slot

It's the complete package.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2004
3148 posts
267 upvotes
Toronto
Apparently there is word that Fido will have the Galaxy S3 as of next week. (Yes, much later than many other Canadian carriers.) Worth looking out for.
× < >