Students

Advice on What I should do??? (ultrasound related)

[OP]
Apr 3, 2018
3 posts

Advice on What I should do??? (ultrasound related)

Hello,

I am wanting to get into Cambrian Colleges ultrasound program but was waitlisted in the top quarter this year. I took Georgian College's pre-health program thinking that it would be nicer since it is closer to home and I can still apply to other schools - and get in with high enough grades. My average was in the high 90's but yet here I am, still being waitlisted.

The funny thing is, is that I talked to another person who took Cambrian's pre health and only got a 95% average (even including their 4% boost for their own grads) and got into the ultrasound program for fall 2018!!

Anyways, with all this aside, Cambrian has given me admission to their pre health for this coming fall and I'm torn between re-doing pre health at Cambrian (which seems like a waste) or staying home and working and re-applying for ultrasound for next year. At the time of admissions for this coming fall, Cambrian would have only had my first semester grades so Im thinking I might have a better chance at getting in for fall 2019 when all my prehealth grades are in.

What do you guys think I should do?
Thanks for the help.
Last edited by Anoyn1456 on Jun 12th, 2018 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 replies
Mar 6, 2015
329 posts
20 upvotes
I am asking out of curiosity and possibly giving you more questions than answers that you desired. Why did Cambrian take its own students ahead of others from another college? Is this preference also true for other colleges including Michener?
Another idea for OP, please change your thread title to something related to ultrasound.
anxious123 wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 6:04 pm
Hi, I recently got accepted to chiropody and i'm waiting for ultrasound. I was wondering if you guys could help me out there. Basically, there was this post on a different forum saying how do you think it is a dying field because other provinces like Quebec and Alberta have decided to join the profession in favor of specialized doctors. So I was wondering what peoples opinions or views were on this topic? or even better, if someone from chiropody who recently graduated had any insight? Is it really a field where it's so hard to find jobs that it's not really safe to do it?
ksjywa wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 8:05 pm
I don't know about chiropody after but during study it is very intense program and prepare you very well for the job .....

Actually, I heard bad reviews about ultrasound - that it doesn't cover a lot of topics like others colleges (vascular, musculoskeletal., pediatric), they teach only abdominal & obstetrics/ginegocogy , also many students had issues during clinical practice... but it is shorter program...

Although, Michener's reputation is very good generally...
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!😃
[OP]
Apr 3, 2018
3 posts
I was always under the impression that the pre-health program was universal for every school since they changed it for last fall to Pre Health Pathways to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees... That's what I was told by everyone I talked to from the schools.

It is understandable that a school would want to choose from their own students but I think it is wrong, especially in my case where I have a much higher average and they picked someone with a lower average.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)