None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
3440 posts
322 upvotes
West Side GTA

Aeroplan Points from YYZ to TPE

Trying to book flights from YYZ to TPE to do a visit of Taiwan. The cheapest I've seen is 170k for two people and this is booking MONTHS in advance...I'm wondering if there's ever a "deal" for YYZ to TPE for under 170k? As I can find deals for YYZ to HKG @ 144k and I believe it's further than TPE.

Thanks for any tid bits of information.
14 replies
Jan 8, 2012
340 posts
100 upvotes
Williams Lake
I think the points should be 75k per person in Y?

I don't know if they ever offer any sort of discount on AP points.

If you're going to use the points, I'd recommend going to a couple more places. It's called a "mini-Round-The-World".

You can go to three different places for the same 75k plus taxes and fees, as long as they're in the same region, or in regions that require less than 75k. For instance you could visit Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Taipei.

Check out this thread for more information:

Your text to link here...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
6826 posts
1460 upvotes
Toronto
If you can find award seats on BR, that's the best deal. It's on a great airline, very nice service, direct flight, and no scamcharges. It should be 75k per person.

Or as suggested, do a mini-RTW trip if you can find the seats. That's the best deal.
Jun 3, 2012
57 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
You seem to think aeroplan pts are variable which means you are looking at market fare prices. Those are almost always a bad idea. Round trip to Taiwan should always cost 75k pts. You should compare the price of cash fare vs pts. If you're getting less than 1.5c per pt, just buy the cash fare and save the pts for later. For example sometimes there are flight deals to Taipei for $700, in this case you always buy it because your pts are getting you less than 1 cent each.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
2908 posts
212 upvotes
-=phelan=- wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 10:02 pm
Trying to book flights from YYZ to TPE to do a visit of Taiwan. The cheapest I've seen is 170k for two people and this is booking MONTHS in advance...I'm wondering if there's ever a "deal" for YYZ to TPE for under 170k? As I can find deals for YYZ to HKG @ 144k and I believe it's further than TPE.

YYZ to TPE should be 75K unless you have PE in any of your iteninary
Jan 14, 2017
165 posts
40 upvotes
-=phelan=- wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 10:02 pm

What are the dates you are looking at? EVA is fairly easy to find seats on aeroplan comparing to many other airlines ...both Economy and Business class even at marjor holidays like Christmas time.

If your travelling period isn't peak time and you wanna book into economy, I personally would just pay for the light. There was a deal on EVA air to TPE for only $590 per person until end of Nov!
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
20299 posts
3090 upvotes
Waterloo
United (YYZ-SFO-TPE) also have some ~$600 CAD fares for 2017 (obviously not peak times like X'mas)
Use Google Flights to check

As others said, YYZ-TPE (EVA air or not) should be 37.5 one-way/75K round-trip in Economy for Aeroplan FIXED reward
Market/Flex fare depends on the cash price
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 25K
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2009
1873 posts
1079 upvotes
If you want to add another destination to your trip, I was able to get YYZ (AC) > HND (EVA) > TPE (EVA) > YYZ for 75k aeroplans for next week actually.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
3440 posts
322 upvotes
West Side GTA
ChanelJ12 wrote:
Jun 18th, 2017 11:31 pm
What are the dates you are looking at? EVA is fairly easy to find seats on aeroplan comparing to many other airlines ...both Economy and Business class even at marjor holidays like Christmas time.

If your travelling period isn't peak time and you wanna book into economy, I personally would just pay for the light. There was a deal on EVA air to TPE for only $590 per person until end of Nov!
Unfortunately it is during peak times (xmas) I think that's why I'm having difficulty finding a 75k flight that'll work with my schedule dates argh.

Seems like I can get it to work during other times *sighs* :/ Cheapest I can get is 170k during this time that'll work so 20k more for two people during peakish season is "ok" i suppose. Guess it's just during that time.
Jan 14, 2017
165 posts
40 upvotes
-=phelan=- wrote:
Jun 19th, 2017 1:45 pm
Unfortunately it is during peak times (xmas) I think that's why I'm having difficulty finding a 75k flight that'll work with my schedule dates argh.

Seems like I can get it to work during other times *sighs* :/ Cheapest I can get is 170k during this time that'll work so 20k more for two people during peakish season is "ok" i suppose. Guess it's just during that time.
You are having trouble cuz Christmas aeroplan rewards on EVA were released back in Feb. We booked 6 business class using 150000pt per person on EVA round trip. I guess you just have to keep checking closer to the dates...they usually will release seats 2 weeks before departure date.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
3440 posts
322 upvotes
West Side GTA
Found a workaround...just had my dad buy the tickets for me using his points as he's got some distinction status which reduces the costs by 20% :)

So for both of us we just paid 170k down to 134k points (67k/person) cheaper than the 75k/person route haha :)

Ended up using my 150k (75k/person) to buy my parents a set of tickets to the same wedding event but given that their schedule is way more flexible, it was easier to find dates that worked.

Thanks for the help guys but I'll have to keep in mind that booking during the peak season gotta book 11 months in advance (which i think is insane).