Hot Deals

Affinity Photo (Photoshop alternative) PC/Mac $54.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2019 2:39 pm
Jul 7, 2009
596 posts
240 upvotes
Very interesting ... I bought LR5 with a teacher/student license for CHEAP but that's probably the last Adobe software I'll buy cause Adobe has completely switched to the monthly payment model and it just doesn't make sense for me anymore.

Does Affinity has a RAW developer app similar to LR?

As for Affinity Photo, I downloaded the trial version, it looks like a good alternative to PS and I'll probably purchase the license after trial period ... I don't really use PS a lot but for $50ish, why not?!
Nov 29, 2011
570 posts
596 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
MuaySteve wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 9:13 am
Some great info on this thread. I work for a non profit and use photoshop and dreamweaver CS3. We need to upgrade, but even with a non-profit discount or through techsoup, the cost of the subscription is bonkers. I've been looking for an alternative for photoshop, and indesign. I can live without dreamweaver now. I am going to give these a try,
check out GIMP too.
Last edited by gotglint on Jun 12th, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 7, 2010
671 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
I tried out gimp several years ago, but just didn't like it. Any thoughts on gimp vs Affinity photo?
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2001
1169 posts
379 upvotes
Bumping the thread to say that the 20% off sale ends on Wednesday. Photo, Designer and Publisher are all $54.99.

Thinking about cutting the Adobe cord? Check out this Youtube channel. The link is to the latest podcast but you can check his more recent broadcasts of reasons this pro is leaving the fold. I bought Photo at v1.5. It has been steadily updated and refined to v1.7
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
10867 posts
1820 upvotes
corel paint shop pro is also cheaper and it also come with lightroom alternative
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
6979 posts
1578 upvotes
is it hard to photoshop rims to a car pic? i've always wanted to try that i think i still have adobe CS or watever from BT
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Dec 11, 2007
183 posts
28 upvotes
London
I love Affinity Photo - have been using for about 3 years now. Also, if you need yo work with vectors I highly recommend Affinity Designer. Both have been helpful when I put together comic books.
Be sure to follow @LuchaComics on twitter - I follow back :-)