• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2017 10:56 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
5969 posts
223 upvotes
Buggy166 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 8:43 pm
There's already been a few listed here, not to mention once you have a specific quota for 1 specific ethnicity, you automatically have a quota for all others. Theres a limited set of spots available each year.
Where have they been listed? I've seen schools listed with policies that have basically created quotas for non-white people but I wasn't aware that schools are allowed to create quotas for white people. I don't think that would fly in today's social media society...
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
16452 posts
1763 upvotes
Montreal
I'm confused as to whether I should be outraged or not. Are Indian subcontinent peoples classified as "asian"?
Jul 30, 2010
933 posts
106 upvotes
mr_raider wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 3:03 pm
I'm confused as to whether I should be outraged or not. Are Indian subcontinent peoples classified as "asian"?
SJWs really need to keep an updated list somewhere...how are we to know what the approved victim classes are and how are they to know to be outraged or not?
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
14181 posts
1533 upvotes
Toronto
mr_raider wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 3:03 pm
Yes
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
16452 posts
1763 upvotes
Montreal
Piro21 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 4:02 pm
Yes
Ahhh... Then I'm outraged.

Fortunately if my children turn out to be rank idiots and I can pay their way through private schools and buy them a diploma.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2012
2824 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
LeisureSuitL wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 3:10 pm
SJWs really need to keep an updated list somewhere...how are we to know what the approved victim classes are and how are they to know to be outraged or not?
They sure do...over the last century Jews, Greeks, Italians and Spaniards have become white...ironically enough Mexicans are not.
[OP]
Banned
Nov 19, 2014
910 posts
241 upvotes
hugh_da_man wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 5:00 am
Where have they been listed? I've seen schools listed with policies that have basically created quotas for non-white people but I wasn't aware that schools are allowed to create quotas for white people. I don't think that would fly in today's social media society...
Hard quotas for any race are illegal as decided by the Supreme Court in Regents of the University of California v. Bakke.

Universities don't necessarily state a quota in written policy, that would be dumb and they would subject themselves to litigation. Instead, you see the effects of quotas through their admission demographics over decades as compared to universities that do not take race into consideration. For instance, as mentioned prior in the thread, Harvard's % of Asians will stay stagnant despite Asians being the fastest growing demographic in the U.S., whereas race-blind Berkeley and Caltech has heavily risen over the past two decades. See SFFA v. Harvard Complaint https://www.scribd.com/document/3554139 ... -Complaint
LeisureSuitL wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 3:10 pm
It's actually been conservatives and republicans that have pushed for the removal of affirmative action, and using Asians as an example of how affirmative action can harm minorities. Trump's party has been vocal about eliminating affirmative action. The "SJWs" you're referring to, ironically want to keep it. I suggest you read the entire thread, the SFFA complaint, and the other linked articles before further commenting.
I'm At The W, But I Can't Meet You In The Lobby, Girl I Gotta Watch My Back, Cuz I'm Not Just Anybody, I Seen Em' Stand In Line, Just To Get Beside Her, That's When We Disappear, You Need GPS To Find Her, Oh That Was Your Girl? I Thought I Recognized Her."
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2017
1205 posts
120 upvotes
Logtown
silky28 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 5:27 pm
They sure do...over the last century Jews, Greeks, Italians and Spaniards have become white...ironically enough Mexicans are not.
Seems like its groups leftists can convince to join their groups of people who fall for this victim status garbage.
Sep 30, 2011
688 posts
169 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
It is political correctness went too far!!
It should be simple Race neutral, merit based system.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
5604 posts
157 upvotes
FreshCo wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 3:20 am
Affirmative action shouldn't exist at institutions of higher learning.

higher learning institutes should all be equal and only based on location of student. they should have no reputation. this way, affirmative action is unneeded and everyone can get the education their deserve.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15654 posts
4412 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Corner3 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 5:34 pm
Hard quotas for any race are illegal as decided by the Supreme Court in Regents of the University of California v. Bakke.

Universities don't necessarily state a quota in written policy, that would be dumb and they would subject themselves to litigation. Instead, you see the effects of quotas through their admission demographics over decades as compared to universities that do not take race into consideration. For instance, as mentioned prior in the thread, Harvard's % of Asians will stay stagnant despite Asians being the fastest growing demographic in the U.S., whereas race-blind Berkeley and Caltech has heavily risen over the past two decades. See SFFA v. Harvard Complaint https://www.scribd.com/document/3554139 ... -Complaint

It's actually been conservatives and republicans that have pushed for the removal of affirmative action, and using Asians as an example of how affirmative action can harm minorities. Trump's party has been vocal about eliminating affirmative action. The "SJWs" you're referring to, ironically want to keep it. I suggest you read the entire thread, the SFFA complaint, and the other linked articles before further commenting.
RIP. Gone but not forgotten.

You were the brightest star in the Asian sky.

Lest we forget.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11022 posts
1520 upvotes
City of Vancouver
That "Chinese in America" Lisa Ling CNN episode was on tv Sunday night. But the thread was moved to Off Topic Archives, so I can't comment!
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3937 posts
523 upvotes
Aurora
I'm glad Corner3 got banned. His moronic threads polluted OT one too many times.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7495 posts
1279 upvotes
DiceMan wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 5:38 pm
I'm glad Corner3 got banned. His moronic threads polluted OT one too many times.
Why, not enough politically correct for you? Political correctness is now killing hundreds of people. See Europe.
Deal Guru
Oct 3, 2006
10279 posts
650 upvotes
Toronto
DiceMan wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 5:38 pm
I didn't even notice he was banned until I saw your post. Good stuff!