Affirmative Action Battle Has a New Focus: Asian-Americans

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2018 5:52 pm
Oct 3, 2017
5 posts
7 upvotes
DiceMan wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 5:38 pm
I'm glad Corner3 got banned. His moronic threads polluted OT one too many times.
I fail to see what's moronic about this thread or any of his posts in this thread?
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4974 posts
1226 upvotes
Aurora
dash89 wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 3:28 pm
I fail to see what's moronic about this thread or any of his posts in this thread?
Ask the mods who banned this joker.
Aug 12, 2017
12 posts
3 upvotes
dash89 wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 3:28 pm
Trust us, we're all better off without that clown.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
1852 posts
620 upvotes
Discrimination in the name of campus diversity is not acceptable. And here I thought white students had it bad. The article does an excellent job in explaining how these discriminatory practices continue in universities. From the article:

... affirmative action requires the SAT scores of Asian applicants to be hundreds of points higher than applicants from other ethnic backgrounds ...

[in a different matter] In the suit, Mr. Wilberg alleges that Google implemented diversity quotas that favoured female, Hispanic or black applicants, and discriminated against white and Asian men.

This is what racism looks like. Discrimination against a person, based on his ethnicity is wrong. I think it's important to constantly point these things out, because otherwise, we will never put an end to racism. Can we please get over the fixation with people's skin color?
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8956 posts
2011 upvotes
Trump University
TBH I think Asians like it!

Have you ever been to Asia? You're literally a hero if you're NOT Asian! For example teaching English, in Asian countries if you're Asian they won't hire you to teach English no matter how good you are, you have to be white cause the parents like it when the English teacher is white! They think it's more authentic! :D
Last edited by Corleone187 on Apr 16th, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...Life is Good 😎
Mar 1, 2011
176 posts
16 upvotes
Aren't the biggest beneficiaries of affirmative action white females? i remember reading an article about a study that was done on this.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1629 posts
216 upvotes
Markham
Oh great, another racial discrimation discussion,
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
1852 posts
620 upvotes
@Corleone187 what Asian people do in Asian countries, is their prerogative. I don't live there. I am concerned with what is going on in our back of the woods. If we want to promote a truly diverse country, then we should not discriminate against anybody.

@PCUSER Agreed. I'm getting tired of pointing this out and I am sure many posters here are getting tired of seeing this too. The point is to remember it is NOT okay to discriminate, & to call out the people who do this. Let's not normalize and condone racism. This is not an animal farm, where some animals are more equal than others.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
29214 posts
2174 upvotes
Winnipeg
you would think of university, of all places, would value knowledge above all else.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2001
2049 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 2:44 pm
@Corleone187 what Asian people do in Asian countries, is their prerogative. I don't live there. I am concerned with what is going on in our back of the woods. If we want to promote a truly diverse country, then we should not discriminate against anybody.

@PCUSER Agreed. I'm getting tired of pointing this out and I am sure many posters here are getting tired of seeing this too. The point is to remember it is NOT okay to discriminate, & to call out the people who do this. Let's not normalize and condone racism. This is not an animal farm, where some animals are more equal than others.
Let's be honest, you don't give a crap about this topic. This is just another flame bait thread from you. Hobestly, if you care so much, why are you not taking up the issue and protesting this injustice.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
1852 posts
620 upvotes
@maddawg How do you know what I care about? This is NOT flame bait. Why does our society place certain minorities on a pedestal, at the expense of the rest? This is just terrible.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14192 posts
1038 upvotes
maddawg wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 2:56 pm
Let's be honest, you don't give a crap about this topic. This is just another flame bait thread from you. Hobestly, if you care so much, why are you not taking up the issue and protesting this injustice.
He does care, just not from the aspect that he is portraying it. Really, this is a thread about how affirmative action is bad for white men. He knows he'd be called out on that though so to make his point he needs another way of portraying his idea. Any other poster I'd probably say that the OP was genuine, given his post history though. His goals are obvious.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Mar 7, 2017
575 posts
161 upvotes
Ham, ON
maddawg wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 2:56 pm
You have a nice post history showing your contempt for any topics outlining injustices for anyone who isn't gay, or coloured. Very interesting.

Racism is racism. It's quite hypocritical to only care about blatant discrimination when coloured or gay people are being discriminated against.
Mar 7, 2017
575 posts
161 upvotes
Ham, ON
Ojam wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 3:08 pm
He does care, just not from the aspect that he is portraying it. Really, this is a thread about how affirmative action is bad for white men. He knows he'd be called out on that though so to make his point he needs another way of portraying his idea. Any other poster I'd probably say that the OP was genuine, given his post history though. His goals are obvious.
You seem like you are implying there is a problem with outlining discrimination against white men.
Are you saying there is a problem with pointing out discrimination against white men? (Y/N).
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14192 posts
1038 upvotes
DealFixation wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 3:13 pm
You seem like you are implying there is a problem with outlining discrimination against white men.
Are you saying there is a problem with pointing out discrimination against white men? (Y/N).
As a straight white man I know that other ethnicities and minorities have not had the same opportunities I have had and because of this, sometimes minorities might be given preferential treatment in order to make up for that. Do I think that is fair? It's not, but it hasn't been fair in the other direction for a very long time, do I think it shouldn't matter, yes. I do think the only factor should ability and hopefully in the long term that's the way our society will go, but right now it's not. We are in the difficult messy middle ground between some being more equal and all actually being equal.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.