• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2013 10:11 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 18, 2013
1 posts

Affordable Auto Tinting In Scarborough?

Can I just get some recommendations from people of places in Scarborough that do a really good job at tinting car windows at a good price?I've looked around this forum and have already seen AutoLinks & Audio Heaven as two of the most popular ones but other than those.
22 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3446 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto
not sure if you've already seen this link and GB...but if you already have, then ignore this post.

auto-links-window-tint-group-buy-2012-c ... w-1153981/

maybe that thread will get you a good price? not sure.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9542 posts
1077 upvotes
Toronto
Auto links is the only place I can recommend. You get what you pay for
Banned
Jan 3, 2013
222 posts
23 upvotes
what's the difference between pinnacle and classic series tinting at auto links?
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
2408 posts
396 upvotes
tricky2k wrote:
Jan 19th, 2013 10:23 pm
what's the difference between pinnacle and classic series tinting at auto links?
One is ceramic (better) and the other is dyed.
Banned
Jan 3, 2013
222 posts
23 upvotes
what about the colors? i don't want a tint that's blue or purple.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2005
2877 posts
210 upvotes
tricky2k wrote:
Jan 19th, 2013 11:33 pm
Why don't you call autolinks and ask your questions/concerns...tell them what you want...they'll tell you what it costs.
:arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :cheesygri :eek:
Banned
Jan 3, 2013
222 posts
23 upvotes
001Stunna wrote:
Jan 19th, 2013 11:41 pm
Why don't you call autolinks and ask your questions/concerns...tell them what you want...they'll tell you what it costs.
uh... because i first want to discuss it with people who don't work for auto links?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2005
1797 posts
180 upvotes
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car; oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall; torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Banned
Jan 3, 2013
222 posts
23 upvotes
Flyer wrote:
Jan 20th, 2013 1:22 am
http://bit.ly/WPeiyu
that actually links me to another post on rfd that asks the same question and is never answered. rest of the suggestions are unrelated.

also, question has already been answered. scroll up plz.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4288 upvotes
Get the Formula One Pinnacle.

Any dyed tint has the potential to turn purple if you don't take care of it properly.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3446 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto
shutterbug wrote:
Jan 19th, 2013 11:28 pm
One is ceramic (better) and the other is dyed.
+1...the pinnacle is the ceramic and the classic is dyed

both have warranties though, maybe different length term
tricky2k wrote:
Jan 19th, 2013 11:33 pm
both are black.

they used to have one colour to match MB factory tint which was purple or blue...i forget ATM.

also got airblue tint, but it isn't blue. it goes on the windshield and reduces heat entry into the car since. not sure about the specifics about this product, but call them and inquire about it. it's meant for people who want heat rejection but don't want the "look" of tinted windows.

hope that helps.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2005
2877 posts
210 upvotes
boredstudent3 wrote:
Jan 20th, 2013 3:49 pm
....but call them and inquire about it. it's meant for people who want heat rejection but don't want the "look" of tinted windows....
You must be crazy to instruct tricky2k to call the shop that installs the product and has been using it for many many years on customers cars. He/She cannot pick up the phone and use their social skills to hold a conversation via the telephone. Prepare for tricky2k to answer with...
tricky2k wrote:
Jan 20th, 2013 12:24 am
uh... because i first want to discuss it with people who don't work for auto links?
:arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :cheesygri :eek:
Banned
Jan 3, 2013
222 posts
23 upvotes
dang 001stunna, y u so witty???
boredstudent3 wrote:
Jan 20th, 2013 3:49 pm
also got airblue tint, but it isn't blue. it goes on the windshield and reduces heat entry into the car since. not sure about the specifics about this product, but call them and inquire about it. it's meant for people who want heat rejection but don't want the "look" of tinted windows.
i don't need anything on the front, but airblue on the sides would be good. i'd much rather see it in person though, so i'll pay them a visit tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2005
2877 posts
210 upvotes
tricky2k wrote:
Jan 20th, 2013 5:00 pm
dang 001stunna, y u so witty???.
People who expect to be spoon-fed make me lulz. The years of playing the helicopter, airplane or choo-choo train game when being spoon-fed are long gone. It is even more amazing especially when the same people refuse to pick up the phone or go visit the place that DOES the work year round. Its one thing when the shop doesn't like answering questions...but Autolinks usually will answer all questions customers have prior to any work done.

I'll be nice though and still help out since you've shown you're not that bright....they're closed monday/tuesday. If you had bothered to check their website you would've seen this along with much info on their tint films etc.