• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2017 3:17 am
[OP]
Penalty Box
Apr 26, 2017
131 posts
16 upvotes

Affordable vets in GTA?

Took my pet to the vet and was charged an arm and leg just for an "examination" which was basically nothing (vet touching the cat on its stomach and checking its ears etc) and didn't diagnose anything.

May need to have blood work and possibly x ray done.
Cat has not been eating for a few days and now feeding him through the mouth with a syringe until vet.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2448 posts
556 upvotes
Toronto
I'm not sure how much you consider an arm and a leg, but a basic vet consult in Toronto is around $130.

Cheapest you'll find (that has a very good reputation) located in the GTA, is Bluecross on the Danforth.

http://www.bluecrossanimalhospital.ca/

BUT, by the sounds of it, you should get your pet to the vet asap. Not eating is never a good sign.

You may want to mentally prepare yourself on how much is too much, to spend. This is something many pet owners struggle with once they're standing in the examination room.

Hoping the best outcome for your cat ❤️
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2012
1648 posts
167 upvotes
Canada
bathurst dupont animal hospital

google it
Jan 23, 2017
424 posts
249 upvotes
Calgary
bluenose2 wrote:
Oct 1st, 2017 10:58 am
bathurst dupont animal hospital

google it
Second this! We adopted a 5 year old shelter dog who had a couple shelter related health hiccups the first few months we had her..as first time owners (grew up around them) they were super helpful and fair.

Did get a little push for vet food, but I compared what we feed her to what they were offering and they understood.