Computers & Electronics

After 1 year with TekSavvy cable internet...

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2011 1:00 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2011
1127 posts
53 upvotes

After 1 year with TekSavvy cable internet...

With all the hate on TekSavvy lately, let me be the first one to say that after one year with them, I have saved almost a thousand dollars had I been with Rogers in the past year.

Rogers' cap of 60GB for Express Service was ridiculous. I was ecstatic when TS cable internet service was offered in Markham.

I pay about $40 after taxes for 300GB, 10Mbps and 0.5Mbps up. I regularly use about 250-255GB (never went over in the past year) of bandwidth both up/down a month.

I have not experience any downtime with TS, nor has my friends and family in Mississauga whom I convinced them to switch over.

They couldn't be anymore happier. They would regularly pay Rogers over $100 monthly for Internet especially with their caps, but for $40 a month, they and I myself can't complain!
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9598 posts
2225 upvotes
Somewhere
I've had some throttling issues, but the price and the fact that it's not Rogers more than makes up for it! :lol:
Dec 10, 2008
427 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
I came in this thread expecting rage regarding POI slowdowns. Its been brutal every night especially on the Dupont POI.

I'm glad that you're happy with your service.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21786 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
I got Teksavvy when I moved into my apartment. There was a delay of about 3 days to get it installed, and it went down for about a week the second month I had it, but it's been smooth sailing since then. It's been over a year now and I'm very happy with it.

I'm at Bathurst/St Clair, if it matters.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43261 upvotes
ONTARIO
You're lucky. I want TSI Cable in my area so bad. I remember when they first mentioned their new cable service and how they would be rolling out city by city. My city was predicted to have service around October 2010. Still waiting today for any mention of their cable service coming to town.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2007
5330 posts
3052 upvotes
Scarborough
Coincidentally enough, I've been with them close to about a year also now. No complaints here either. After a couple of years of being on their DSL and this past year on cable, I can say that the service I've received has been very good. I've only had to call in a couple of times and each time my call was answered within a minute. Downtime was close to non-existent and my only speed issues I observed was when my POI became severely saturated and even then, the service was still bearable for me. :) Hopefully they only improve from here (faster speeds? ;) )
Oct 31, 2011
15 posts
1 upvote
MISSISSAUGA
I had a hard time getting them to fix the internet problem, but once it works it works.

I was left without internet for about 3 weeks (when I was doing the transfer from Rogers to Tecksavy). They had an issue with the activation.

1. I called them 2 weeks before switching, setup activation date online and they shipped me the modem.

after 2 weeks Rogers came and cut the line and I shipped them their modem.

Connected tecksavy modem and there was internet.

2. after a week the internet stopped completely, called teksavy and they did troubleshooting and said the modem was not previsioned correctly. so they have to send a tech in.

3. Then took me 3 weeks to get a tech to my home

- they claim that they sent a tech over the firs time but no one was home - that was a pure lie because they did not tell me that they are sending a tech that day.

- then they scheduled the wrong day to dispatch the tech, called them again and reschedule it again and tech did not show up so I had to schedule it again.

- in total took 3 weeks no internet, then the tech finally showed up for 2 minus, took a look at the modem and he said there is no issues, the line is good and the modem is working ... why I'm here????

I told him are you asking me ???? so he went called techsavy and the rep said I don't know ... please try now .

So I rebooted the modem and start working ever since.

My experionce:

- Phone support sucks, I have to stay on the phone for 60 mins to 80 mins to speak to tech and finally I get a voice mail -- leave us a message and we will get back to you .

- The internet works great - it's Rogers after all and TekSavy only resellers .

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)