Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Jan 2, 2009
413 posts
74 upvotes

Aggressive comment and thread deletions

I gather there is a new einsatzgruppe for deleting comments and threads that are not in harmony with the political direction of the RFD mods. At least one person has been summarily banned for objecting to this. Would it be possible to tone down this heavy-handed behaviour a bit as it is hard to read threads when posts are censored all the time. We do not need to be protected; the ability to "ignore" certain users (e.g. poe***) is enough.
Share:
4 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 2, 2009
14093 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
Oh look, another "fan" of poedua and poedua's looking at this thread. How timely!
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1333 upvotes
brian.gerson wrote:
Jun 7th, 2012 8:25 am
I gather there is a new einsatzgruppe for deleting comments and threads that are not in harmony with the political direction of the RFD mods. At least one person has been summarily banned for objecting to this. Would it be possible to tone down this heavy-handed behaviour a bit as it is hard to read threads when posts are censored all the time. We do not need to be protected; the ability to "ignore" certain users (e.g. poe***) is enough.

Who was that ..." one person has been summarily banned for objecting to this " ?

Beyond that, a member wouldn't get banned simply because he or she doesn't agree with a mods' political views - that's a ludicrous notion IMO. Give our mods SOME credit. :rolleyes:

You get banned for breaking forum rules - pure and simple.
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
12089 posts
420 upvotes
Toronto
brian.gerson wrote:
Jun 7th, 2012 8:25 am
We do not need to be protected; the ability to "ignore" certain users (e.g. poe***) is enough.

Her posts get quoted, so you still get the treat of learning all about the poeduaism ideologies.
Deal with it.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2505 posts
571 upvotes
As I mentioned before. These new policies are in place and I expect everyone to abide by them. If the policies are not followed then the posts or threads in violation will be removed. Also, calling out a user is not acceptable and will not be tolerated. If you have a issue with a user then you can PM me or a mod you are willing to talk too.
For all community related matters, please PM TomRFD