None
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2011
9712 posts
752 upvotes
1xTiMeR wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 4:41 pm
Should we sell or go long? This pos isn't doing anything right now
Either decent earnings or a new partnership will rebound it IMO. That's it. The latter moreso.

The good thing is Air Canada changes aren't till 2020. If you are hoping for a quick turnaround, I'd sell. Could payoff but I don't think it'll be soon.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
3919 posts
192 upvotes
Thanks, I think this thing better not go bankrupt overnight to some technicality. I don't trust this stock that much anymore
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2011
9712 posts
752 upvotes
1xTiMeR wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 5:36 pm
Thanks, I think this thing better not go bankrupt overnight to some technicality. I don't trust this stock that much anymore
When did you buy this stock?

What has changed since you bought the stock other than the price going down?

I think those are important questions you need to be asking yourself.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
3919 posts
192 upvotes
Thanks Roland, I get it, fundamentally it hasn't changed in months other than the volitaility. My avg is 1.83 or so
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18677 posts
1091 upvotes
jerryhung wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 2:20 pm
from AC's conference call this morning
source: TDDI

No material change in booking patterns from Aeroplan

so I assume there wasn't as big rush to redeem as people feared
I don't know who feared that, except folks who don't think.

The "rush to redeem" will happen in the ~ 6 months close to the relationship expiring. We all know the date the relationship ends, and I don't have any choice with Air Canada, I will keep accruing points until then. So why would I redeem now? I will redeem close to the expiry date when I have accumulated the maximum amount of points so as to minimize waste.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
3962 posts
1048 upvotes
Kingston, ON
brunes wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 2:59 pm
I don't know who feared that, except folks who don't think.

The "rush to redeem" will happen in the ~ 6 months close to the relationship expiring. We all know the date the relationship ends, and I don't have any choice with Air Canada, I will keep accruing points until then. So why would I redeem now? I will redeem close to the expiry date when I have accumulated the maximum amount of points so as to minimize waste.
This.

Air Miles announced their expiry date 5 years in advance of the first points expiring. Sheer utter redemption panic and public flogging didn't take place until ~6 months out.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
3919 posts
192 upvotes
Thoughts on tmw earnings?
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
19797 posts
2932 upvotes
Waterloo
ER is out
http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/ai ... 13143.html
BRIEF-Aimia reports Q2 loss per share $0.19
2017-08-09 06:05:06 PM ET (Reuters)

Aug 10 (Reuters) - Aimia Inc-

* Aimia reports second quarter 2017 results

* Aimia Inc- ‍2017 guidance maintained​

* Qtrly gross billings of $520.3 million, down 6.3% on a constant currency basis including impact of divestitures

* Qtrly ‍total revenue $470.5 million versus $525.4 million​

* Aimia Inc - mark grafton will be appointed chief financial officer of Aimia Inc. With effect from September 2017

* Qtrly loss per share $0.19; qtrly adjusted earnings per share $0.17‍​

* Aimia Inc - company's ongoing process to simplify business will result in a further streamlining of business into two operating divisions

* Q2 earnings per share view c$0.16, revenue view c$487.0 million -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S

* Fy2017 earnings per share view c$0.88, revenue view c$2.15 billion -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S

* Aimia Inc says streamlining change is expected to result in a significant reduction in divisional ov erheads and corporate costs Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 20K
Jun 28, 2017
33 posts
2 upvotes
Ismellofhockey wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 4:01 pm
How can the ER be good? They haven't had positive EPS since 2012, revenues have been on the decline since 2014, and they still haven't announced a post-AC plan. Is there even a chance something good will come of this Q report?
I should have shut my big yapper. This Q2 report seems nothing but good, especially the null-effect on points the AC news seems to have caused.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2011
9712 posts
752 upvotes
Ismellofhockey wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 7:00 pm
I should have shut my big yapper. This Q2 report seems nothing but good, especially the null-effect on points the AC news seems to have caused.
Could be better IMO but could be a LOT worse. I think it is better than most expected. Tomorrow should be interesting.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
3919 posts
192 upvotes
2017 guidance is maintained sounds like great news considering these estimates were given prior to AC departure news or am I interpreting it incorrectly?