Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Air Canada

Air Canada - 15% Off All Canada & Some US Flights

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2012 12:52 pm
Jul 6, 2010
56 posts
33 upvotes

[Air Canada] Air Canada - 15% Off All Canada & Some US Flights

Just got an e-mail this morning (a few weeks after I booked, sadly):

Air Canada is having 15% off all Canadian flights and to some US destinations as well.
http://www.aircanada.com/en/offers/air/ ... Sx25x21825
Codes are SAVE15CA and SAVE15USA
Travel March 28 to June 15. Book by March 16.

Happy Travels!

P.S. Anyone know if I call in, any chance I can get some money refunded?
24 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3198 posts
1023 upvotes
Vancouver
Probably you're like me which booked yesterday before the sale came into effect. I doubt very much you can get a refund from Air Canada. With Westjet, you have 24 hours to change your mind.

Now waiting for Westjet to price match.
Sep 6, 2009
10 posts
yvrwindsor wrote: Probably you're like me which booked yesterday before the sale came into effect. I doubt very much you can get a refund from Air Canada. With Westjet, you have 24 hours to change your mind.

All bookings are refundable within 24 hours.
Jul 6, 2010
56 posts
33 upvotes
yvrwindsor wrote: Probably you're like me which booked yesterday before the sale came into effect. I doubt very much you can get a refund from Air Canada. With Westjet, you have 24 hours to change your mind.

Booked a few weeks back, on Air Canada's site because I thought they had price protection.
Should have used a third party with it -.- Called AC, and they just said you can use it on new bookings and nothing else.

Ah well, hopefully someone can make use of this.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2031 posts
280 upvotes
Does anyone know when the blackout dates are for the month of July?
Feb 8, 2011
348 posts
517 upvotes
Calgary
AHhh, does anyone know why LAX is not included?? :confused:

Is there any chances of LAX getting a similar sale before june, or should I just book to be safe with current prices? :(
Sep 4, 2006
4 posts
PiusPatronus wrote: Does anyone know when the blackout dates are for the month of July?

the discount applies for "Travel March 28 to June 15" :(
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2031 posts
280 upvotes
qrkizd wrote: the discount applies for "Travel March 28 to June 15" :(

Hopefully, something like this comes up for July next month.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2006
1435 posts
602 upvotes
I never book air travel, so im a newb forsure. I have to fly to Toronto end of May. Is this most likey the best it will get before then? I hear people talking about seat sales all the time.. not sure if that is like Sears where every weekend they have the LOWEST PRICES OF THE SEASON...till next weekend, then its NOW EVEN LOWER PRICES OF THE SEASON..

basically asking.. should I book now or wait ;) Do these come around often?
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
These are not hot prices sadly. I was looking to fly from YYZ to YVR and these prices matched those of WestJet.

AC is terrible. I ended up booking all on points but had to book 2 one way flighst to get the seats and dates I wanted.
Sep 4, 2006
4 posts
Nethervue wrote: I never book air travel, so im a newb forsure. I have to fly to Toronto end of May. Is this most likey the best it will get before then? I hear people talking about seat sales all the time.. not sure if that is like Sears where every weekend they have the LOWEST PRICES OF THE SEASON...till next weekend, then its NOW EVEN LOWER PRICES OF THE SEASON..

where are you flying from? if porter flies from there, i recommend them. sales pop up fairly often and personally i prefer flying through billy bishop than pearson.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2006
1435 posts
602 upvotes
qrkizd wrote: where are you flying from? if porter flies from there, i recommend them. sales pop up fairly often and personally i prefer flying through billy bishop than pearson.

Fredericton.. Fredericton to Toronto. I could go from Moncton as well, but the times Porters flies werent all that convient and i think there was a connection in Ottawa. Like to try and go direct from Fredericton
Nov 14, 2006
717 posts
236 upvotes
Calgary
Nethervue wrote: I never book air travel, so im a newb forsure. I have to fly to Toronto end of May. Is this most likey the best it will get before then? I hear people talking about seat sales all the time.. not sure if that is like Sears where every weekend they have the LOWEST PRICES OF THE SEASON...till next weekend, then its NOW EVEN LOWER PRICES OF THE SEASON..

Fares/sales are hugely affected by supply and demand, and air travel is constantly fluctuating for any given destination (Is there a major holiday like Christmas or Spring Break? Is there a big conference or event in town? How many daily flights are there and what size of airplane?). For the most part, you're generally good booking a domestic flight 1-2 months in advance, and anywhere from 6months to over a year for an international flight. Within a month, prices usually start to really shoot up. Seats are usually cheaper on Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Saturdays, earlier or later departures, or when you have a connecting flight.

Seat sales tend to pop up when sales are down. You'll see some good deals in lower seasons (periods just after Christmas or Spring Break, September when kids go back to school). In this case for Air Canada, the sale is probably because of their falling sales due to their current labour disputes and possibly looming worker strike. This definitely isn't the best seat sale I've seen, but waiting for the best price is a tricky risk/reward game. You might save an extra $50-100 waiting for a 20-30% off sale, but the flipside when seats start to sell out is that base fares can easily jump up 3-4 times the normal price. It helps if you have some flexibility in the times/dates you can fly.

I've been burned a couple of times, so I'd say if you HAVE to be somewhere that specific weekend, take this sale. Another way to think about it is that you probably need to book within a month before the base fares start creeping up and negate any potential sale savings anyway, so you'll have to judge whether you think another seat sale of greater value will pop up before then. You may also want to at least wait a couple of hours to see if Westjet starts a similar sale (they usually do when AC has one, and vice versa), as sometimes their base fares may differ slightly. You can also think about booking one way flights out and back on different carriers if the price is cheaper (you used to have to book round-trip to get the best price, but not anymore - everything is based on the one-way fare).

Hope that helps!
Deal Addict
May 24, 2006
2040 posts
26 upvotes
Look at their existing deals at http://aircanada.com/en/offers/air/webs ... hp_wn#-US3

Eligible dates for this promotion*:

Advance purchase: purchase at least 30 days prior to your departure date
Travel dates:
between Thu 12-Apr, 2012 and Sun 17-June, 2012
Travel days: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Saturdays

I got some better rates at this link compared to SAVE15USA...well at least yesterday, today half of the fares listed are not available... :mad:
Jul 5, 2005
257 posts
26 upvotes
I tweeted ACWebsaver to ask about LAX last week, interestingly enough 2 days later they tweeted back that they are having a West Coast sale that included LAX and LAS but there were blackout dates of May 19-21. The 20% off sale only lasted from Mar 8th to 9th and was unannounced so I got pretty lucky that I was advised through twitter or I would have totally missed it.

Anyway I did one way flight to LAX on May 19 for $320 tax in, and I did one way back to YYZ on May 22 for $210 tax in after 20% off. So in total $530, so overall just a $50 savings compared to what's listed on AC right now. Other option is to fly out of Buffalo for aprox $380 tax in round trip, I opted out of this as its double the flight time, driving to buff, gas, parking, etc.

I'd suggest tweeting @ACwebsaver as that's best way to connect to AC directly.
bluedot33 wrote: AHhh, does anyone know why LAX is not included?? :confused:

Is there any chances of LAX getting a similar sale before june, or should I just book to be safe with current prices? :(
Dec 10, 2007
46 posts
1 upvote
Calgary
Of course nothing to NYC...looking for YYC to LGA for April. $853 taxes in is not cheap! Can go to Asia for a few hundred more...sad!
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1763 posts
554 upvotes
Edmonton
yike ...i missed out all the $189 AC price in all Jan & Feb...now looking for that price again for July-Aug travel dates ...
YEG-YYZ
do you think it ever going back to $189?
May 6, 2010
527 posts
219 upvotes
Ottawa
I booked a flight this morning and then saw this deal. Was a bit upset. Then I found a blurb on the Air Canada website about cancellations within 24 hours.
I called them up and they cancelled my original booking, no questions asked (got email confirmation and everything). Then I re-booked with the promo code
Feb 8, 2011
348 posts
517 upvotes
Calgary
netcbc wrote: I tweeted ACWebsaver to ask about LAX last week, interestingly enough 2 days later they tweeted back that they are having a West Coast sale that included LAX and LAS but there were blackout dates of May 19-21. The 20% off sale only lasted from Mar 8th to 9th and was unannounced so I got pretty lucky that I was advised through twitter or I would have totally missed it.

Anyway I did one way flight to LAX on May 19 for $320 tax in, and I did one way back to YYZ on May 22 for $210 tax in after 20% off. So in total $530, so overall just a $50 savings compared to what's listed on AC right now. Other option is to fly out of Buffalo for aprox $380 tax in round trip, I opted out of this as its double the flight time, driving to buff, gas, parking, etc.

I'd suggest tweeting @ACwebsaver as that's best way to connect to AC directly.

Thanks for the tip... I have been trying to watch sales closely but I guess that 1 day sale slipped by me =[

I dont have twitter, perhaps you can ask for me? :D

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)