• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2017 1:33 am
[OP]
Mar 2, 2016
93 posts
46 upvotes

[Air Canada] $20 Back when Using Visa Checkout on aircanada.com

From the deal's website:

With Visa Checkout* there’s no need to fill out your payment and shipping information every time you make a purchase online1. All you have to do is register any of your major credit, prepaid or Visa debit cards once. When it’s time to check out, just enter the username and password you registered with. How’s that for convenience?

Terms & Conditions

Promotional offer is valid from August 21, 2017 at 12:00AM EST until September 12, 12:00AM EST, or until 25, 000 offers have been redeemed, whichever comes first (the “Offer Period”). Valid online only at aircanada.com using Visa Checkout as the method of payment. Offer valid for each original ticket purchase within the Offer Period.

The offer excludes purchases made with gift cards or other payment methods not accepted by Visa Checkout, loyalty reward points or previously purchased tickets. Any non-ticket purchase, including but not limited to, seat selection, seat upgrades, on-my-way-travel insurance, and meal vouchers are not eligible for the offer. Offer is also no available for Air Canada employee travel tickets, free tickets, infant tickets, or Flight Pass purchases.

The $20 CDN dollar statement credit will be posted to the credit, prepaid or debit card account on which the original ticket purchase was made through Visa Checkout and will posted to this account within 2 statement cycles following the date of the transaction, provided that the credit, prepaid or debit card linked to the Visa Checkout account is open and in good standing at the time the original transactions took place within the Offer Period and the time of redemption.

* Visa and Visa Checkout are trademarks of Visa Int., used under license.
1 Visa Checkout is currently available on aircanada.com
21 replies
Sep 25, 2007
66 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
way too many issues with AC to make this a deal. I wouldn't fly with them even if I can save a considerable amount.
[OP]
Mar 2, 2016
93 posts
46 upvotes
apkesh wrote:
Aug 21st, 2017 11:15 am
way too many issues with AC to make this a deal. I wouldn't fly with them even if I can save a considerable amount.
Care to elaborate?
I'm not a big fan of AC (or Rouge) myself, but I've found one particular nonstop AC flight to the US on one particular day that is ~$120 cheaper the next cheapest flight (which is a 1-stop with DL). I'd take it regardless to this deal, but $20 back makes it sweeter.
Dec 24, 2015
7 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Thx OP. Looks like unlimited uses, so I booked 2 one ways.
Aug 22, 2001
657 posts
203 upvotes
Vancouver
Does this negate any travel insurance benefits (e.g., trip cancellation) that come with paying directly with a credit card?
Aug 27, 2013
301 posts
120 upvotes
⬆ good point! would like to know too!
Nov 25, 2009
280 posts
72 upvotes
Duncan
cclaranc wrote:
Aug 21st, 2017 2:23 pm
Thx OP. Looks like unlimited uses, so I booked 2 one ways.
Is it unlimited? I couldn't find anything saying whether it is or isn't.
Dec 24, 2015
7 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Offer valid for each original ticket purchase within the Offer Period.
Looks like it's unlimited.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1462 posts
194 upvotes
East Coast!
hmmm i need to book 3 seats today for return flight to Cancun,, wonder if I should book them all separately as one ways,, 6 purchases total to get $120 back
[OP]
Mar 2, 2016
93 posts
46 upvotes
delavoie wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 10:56 am
hmmm i need to book 3 seats today for return flight to Cancun,, wonder if I should book them all separately as one ways,, 6 purchases total to get $120 back
RFD-effect it full force and book 6 one ways!
Although FYI, the USDOS issued a travel warning to Cancún, as well as to other places in Mexico.
From USDOS website:

Quintana Roo (includes Cancun, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, and Tulum): U.S. citizens should be aware that according to Government of Mexico statistics, the state of Quintana Roo experienced an increase in homicide rates compared to 2016. While most of these homicides appeared to be targeted criminal organization assassinations, turf battles between criminal groups have resulted in violent crime in areas frequented by U.S. citizens. Shooting incidents, in which innocent bystanders have been injured or killed, have occurred.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1462 posts
194 upvotes
East Coast!
JamesPlomppy wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 11:03 am
RFD-effect it full force and book 6 one ways!
Although FYI, the USDOS issued a travel warning to Cancún, as well as to other places in Mexico.
From USDOS website:

Quintana Roo (includes Cancun, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, and Tulum): U.S. citizens should be aware that according to Government of Mexico statistics, the state of Quintana Roo experienced an increase in homicide rates compared to 2016. While most of these homicides appeared to be targeted criminal organization assassinations, turf battles between criminal groups have resulted in violent crime in areas frequented by U.S. citizens. Shooting incidents, in which innocent bystanders have been injured or killed, have occurred.
Doesn't bother me,, go there every year, we stay in a secure gated community. (Puerto Aventuras) It's away from Playa and Cancun.
Just going to book it all together, I have a air canada 15% off code and i'll only be able to use it once
Apr 24, 2006
633 posts
126 upvotes
Is this only for tickets or can I use it for checked baggage fees?
"I don't even know what this is and i just ordered it... damn it rfd."
"Thanks OP. Didn't need them until RFD'ers convinced me that i did!"
[OP]
Mar 2, 2016
93 posts
46 upvotes
Success! Partial, for now: I got 2x$20 back on my credit card after booking 4 segments total under 4 different PNRs for 2 passengers in December and March.
[OP]
Mar 2, 2016
93 posts
46 upvotes
JamesPlomppy wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 9:58 am
Success! Partial, for now: I got 2x$20 back on my credit card after booking 4 segments total under 4 different PNRs for 2 passengers in December and March.
FWIW, I got two more $20 credits for reservations made on August 28th and 29th
May 7, 2017
176 posts
74 upvotes
I got $40 back x 2. I booked the error fare on Air Canada last week. My Paris trip is now 212.90$ each what a score