Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Air Canada & Avianca] Fredericton, Canada to Rio De Janeiro, Brazil for $459 return

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2015 10:24 pm
Banned
Jan 18, 2015
97 posts
133 upvotes

[Air Canada & Avianca] Fredericton, Canada to Rio De Janeiro, Brazil for $459 return

Deal Link:
Price:
$466
Flights from Fredericton, Canada to Rio De Janeiro, Brazil for $466 return with Air Canada and Avianca.
Stops in Toronto & Bogota each way.

*Also available from Thunder Bay for a little more at $556

Found on Secret Flying:
http://www.secretflying.com/2015/08/err ... ad-return/
25 replies
Banned
Jan 18, 2015
97 posts
133 upvotes
tbh never heard of Fredericton until today :-/
Jan 12, 2014
151 posts
215 upvotes
TORONTO
freethrow3 wrote: tbh never heard of Fredericton until today :-/
That's pretty embarrassing.
Nov 19, 2012
505 posts
370 upvotes
Apparently it's the capital of a place called "New Brunswick".
Aug 3, 2004
766 posts
63 upvotes
tddoucette wrote: apparently it's the capital of a place called "new brunswick".

lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
Edit 2015, July 6th, 14:00: Deal is alive (again?). Booked, got eticket. Warning: site is slow. I lost 30 minutes of summer beach time booking this. ;) End Edit
Deal is dead. By the way, Westjet now flies Toronto-Fredericton*, so even if you hate Air Canada, no excuses not to visit. ;)

*Moncton still has 3 airlines with direct flights to Toronto (although Porter stops over in Ottawa), so Moncton is still better than Fredericton, dispite not being the capital. ;-)
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
tddoucette wrote: Apparently it's the capital of a place called "New Brunswick".
Whatever happened to Old Brunswick? ;)
Somebody removed my sig for no reason, without even telling me.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
MonctonMan wrote: Deal is dead. By the way, Westjet now flies Toronto-Fredericton*, so even if you hate Air Canada, no excuses not to visit. ;)

*Moncton still has 3 airlines with direct flights to Toronto (although Porter stops over in Ottawa), so Moncton is still better than Fredericton, dispite not being the capital. ;-)
How much does it cost to fly NB-TO? Probably more than this deal to Rio, once taxes are added. That's the problem with travel within Canada.
Somebody removed my sig for no reason, without even telling me.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
1554 posts
182 upvotes
Would I be able to use this ticket to board in Toronto?
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1853 posts
5628 upvotes
yourmemory wrote: Would I be able to use this ticket to board in Toronto?
No. If you miss the first leg of the trip (Fredericton-Toronto) then your whole roundtrip itinerary gets cancelled by the airline.

However if you don't check in luggage (just bring carry on luggage) then you will be able to get off in Toronto on the way back from Brazil to Canada.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
1554 posts
182 upvotes
oj777 wrote: No. If you miss the first leg of the trip (Fredericton-Toronto) then your whole roundtrip itinerary gets cancelled by the airline
That's what I thought. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
Booked it!!!!!!!! According to the eticket that this Dutch travel agency sent me, I'm going to Rio for 239 British pounds (about C$472) this winter , return from Fredericton. (plus my Credit Card's 2.5% currency conversion fee).

A partial night at the airport in Fredericton and hotel night in Toronto are the only indignities. 8 hour afternoon-evening in Bogota on the way down. 2 hour stop on the way back. I just wish Brazil didn't have a visa requirement (Colombia also has an entry fee, that hopefully won't affect me).

Many thanks to the OP!

By the way, I saw some pretty reasonable (C$750) Toronto to Rio flights on Google Flights.

Edit: So the error isn't with that Dutch travel agency. Canadian Kayak will let you book with 3 others. More dates in the Fall of this year (but it is still nice out, so why bother).
http://www.ca.kayak.com/flights/YFC-RIO ... 2-flexible
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2010
2142 posts
1566 upvotes
Has the Canadian education system really failed you that badly?
Sep 12, 2007
610 posts
335 upvotes
Ottawa

Seriously? Epic fail on our educational system if your not kidding.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)