Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Air Canada

Book ANY Flight (Pay w/Masterpass), Get FREE $60 AirCanada eGiftCard

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2018 12:25 am
Jul 27, 2014
242 posts
981 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Air Canada] Book ANY Flight (Pay w/Masterpass), Get FREE $60 AirCanada eGiftCard

Just saw this now when searching for a flight on AirCanada.
Apologies if repost, searched 5 min ago and didn’t notice this posted.

For a decent promo, was kind of ‘buried’ in the second scrolling offer panes on the AC site...
But in any case, pretty sweet deal here, book basically any flight on AC (pay using Masterpass) and get a FREE $60 e-Giftcard.

Link:
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/hom ... rpass.html

Quick look (posting from mobile) at the terms, and doesn’t seem to have any big conditions/terms (min spend, etc.) to be aware of.

Looks like offer technically started noon EST today, limited to first 12,500 users/offers being claimed.
Believe it said eGC bonus will be e-mailed within 3 weeks.

GO GO GO! :)
Images
  • 2D0B39E4-5948-4B74-BD55-186B5AD55452.jpeg
160 replies
Oct 25, 2010
124 posts
278 upvotes
Toronto
Better than the $20 visa check-out credit from before if you can use the gift cards. As a FYI - unless your flight is less than $120, you can only use one gift card per reservation.
Air Canada eGift Cards are not credit or debit cards and have no implied warranties. A maximum of two (2) forms of payment is permitted on a single booking. Up to two (2) eGift Cards can be used provided that the total cost of the ticket purchase is covered fully by the two eGift Cards. When purchasing a seat or travel option for an existing reservation, only one (1) form of payment will be accepted. The value of multiple eGift Cards cannot be consolidated onto a single eGift Card. Air Canada eGift Cards cannot be redeemed at airport counters.
Mar 6, 2003
702 posts
110 upvotes
Thanks for the tip. Didn't see anything about the offer as I booked, but apparently it'll take up to 3 weeks to receive a credit. Fingers crossed!
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2003
1015 posts
458 upvotes
What can you use the eGift card for?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
2119 posts
1479 upvotes
Near You
vistokid wrote: What can you use the eGift card for?
Flights, I'm assuming.
Cards: Amex Platinum • Aeroplan Reserve • Chase AP • CSR • Bonvoy
Banking: Wise • HSBC • TD • Tangerine • Chase
Flights: AC SE • KLM SilverBA Silver
Mobile: AT&T • Fizz • Google Fi • Free.fr
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1461 upvotes
Richmond
But how is it a gift if you have to use it another Air Canada flight? More like a penalty...
Feb 5, 2017
465 posts
569 upvotes
Vancouver
Wondering if using the Masterpass would void any flight insurance associoated with using a credit card that has such benefits
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
2683 posts
2703 upvotes
Ottawa
basketball wrote: Looks like they refund the full amount.... any catch anyone who booked Latitude fares are aware of ?
Shhh don’t spread this around lol... but even then still can’t combine the eGift cards and limited to one per purchase on air Canada.com unless total is under $120 and the website only takes max two forms of payment. So not worth your time.
Last edited by chriscabob on Oct 23rd, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2011
1479 posts
1677 upvotes
YYZ
Time to find a fare that's less than $60? I guess it's good if you're already booking a fare. Buying a ticket solely for this isn't really worth it since it'll essentially get you $60 off your next flight and I don't think you can use it for ancillary items (luggage, seat selection, upgrades, etc.)

Edit: Lowest fare I found was $107 one way YYZ to YSB...If you book 2 one ways, you can get it down to $94 return (after $120 in gift cards). Or $243 after gift cards YYZ to LAX. Or $65 after gift cards for YUL to YQB.
Bell - Unlimited Canada Wide Calling, Intl Text + 6GB of Data - $50
Nov 30, 2012
558 posts
735 upvotes
Burnaby
There's a $76 flight from Vancouver to Kelowna mid Jan to early Mar.
Jul 16, 2013
141 posts
70 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
i just bought 2 flights to Las Vegas, but it didn't say I will get the e-gift card ?
Koodo $39 - 30GB
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
2683 posts
2703 upvotes
Ottawa
Joechoi12 wrote: i just bought 2 flights to Las Vegas, but it didn't say I will get the e-gift card ?
Doesn’t say anything confirming it. Just pay with masterpass and hope you were in the first 12500.
Jul 16, 2013
141 posts
70 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
chriscabob wrote: Doesn’t say anything confirming it. Just pay with masterpass and hope you were in the first 12500.
Fingers crossed Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Koodo $39 - 30GB
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
2683 posts
2703 upvotes
Ottawa
redflagger5 wrote: If I book two one ways do I get two gift cards?
Terms mention 1 gift card per mastpass transaction so technically yes as the terms do not have a per member limit or max limit per credit card

Edit: I’m hoping no cap as we booked all my moms work site visits out for this year to take advantage of the promo
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8178 posts
9535 upvotes
Vancouver
chriscabob wrote: Terms mention 1 gift card per mastpass transaction so technically yes as the terms do not have a per member limit or max limit per credit card

Edit: I’m hoping no cap as we booked all my moms work site visits out for this year to take advantage of the promo
How many trips did you book? You do realize that redemption of these gift cards is restricted, right?
Air Canada eGift Cards are not credit or debit cards and have no implied warranties. A maximum of two (2) forms of payment is permitted on a single booking. Up to two (2) eGift Cards can be used provided that the total cost of the ticket purchase is covered fully by the two eGift Cards. When purchasing a seat or travel option for an existing reservation, only one (1) form of payment will be accepted. The value of multiple eGift Cards cannot be consolidated onto a single eGift Card. Air Canada eGift Cards cannot be redeemed at airport counters.

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
2683 posts
2703 upvotes
Ottawa
newfbc wrote: How many trips did you book? You do realize that redemption of these gift cards is restricted, right?

Ron.
Well aware of the payment restriction. My mom goes at least twice a week across North America for work site visits. So $60 off many future flights for doing nothing other then prebooking some site visits now is a great deal.
Jul 19, 2006
692 posts
100 upvotes
Thread needs a bump - just booked using this promo. Would suggest booking one-ways instead of returns if you can since there seems to be no requirement for a round-trip ticket.

Also checked with AC Helpdesk - they said they would pull down the advertisement once the GCs are gone so offer should still be valid.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)