Hot Deals

[Air Canada] Book ANY Flight (Pay w/Masterpass), Get FREE $60 AirCanada eGiftCard

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 7:11 pm
Oct 26, 2011
155 posts
63 upvotes
For those that need to book 100% travel on your cc to get the insurance maybe you could use the GC's for checked luggage fees? It'd part of the check-in process not ticketing. Or maybe for an upgrade to premium economy? Or a reserved seat?

Just a few ideas for you.
Aug 6, 2012
247 posts
393 upvotes
AURORA
There are also some short-haul flights that come to mind where you're *extremely* unlikely to need the insurance especially in non-winter months - i.e. Toronto-Montreal/Ottawa/Boston/New York to give a few examples
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1171 posts
471 upvotes
Ottawa
So Air Canada customer support is useless and doesn’t know about this promo and has promised a manager will call me back. Buyatab giftcards customer support is also clueless and finally masterpass customer support can only do password resets or account issues.

I hate outsourced phone centers stop reading a script and think for yourself... all this because I haven’t received the promised e-gift cards after the 3 week wait as the terms outline... horrible promo management Air Canada.
Dec 9, 2014
985 posts
307 upvotes
chriscabob wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 4:35 pm
So Air Canada customer support is useless and doesn’t know about this promo and has promised a manager will call me back. Buyatab giftcards customer support is also clueless and finally masterpass customer support can only do password resets or account issues.

I hate outsourced phone centers stop reading a script and think for yourself... all this because I haven’t received the promised e-gift cards after the 3 week wait as the terms outline... horrible promo management Air Canada.
What happened with your inquiry
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1171 posts
471 upvotes
Ottawa
G0DKING wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 1:41 pm
What happened with your inquiry
Nothing haven’t heard back from a so called manager at buyatab that was supposed to call yesterday and Air Canada and masterpass keep pointing the finger at the other guy. In other words customer support is useless as they know nothing and don’t care enough to escalate despite my repeated attempts.
Dec 8, 2006
158 posts
1 upvote

No eligible cards for Masterpass™
Your account is unable to set up Capital One Masterpass at this time because we cannot find any eligible cards on file. Please feel free to checkout additional card offerings at www.capitalone.com.

Got this when I tried. I have the Capital One Aspire card. Anyone know why?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
6777 posts
2215 upvotes
Markham
LoDown wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 5:20 pm

No eligible cards for Masterpass™
Your account is unable to set up Capital One Masterpass at this time because we cannot find any eligible cards on file. Please feel free to checkout additional card offerings at www.capitalone.com.

Got this when I tried. I have the Capital One Aspire card. Anyone know why?
I actually purchased a ticket with my Aspire Cash. It went through but no GC for me yet.

Which Aspire do you have?
The myth on the Internet is that Canadians are nice people. Those people who say this just haven't been on RFD.
Jan 2, 2013
178 posts
94 upvotes
Edmonton
Ordered 2 one ways and got 1 gift card so far.

Edit: Got them both
Last edited by redflagger5 on Nov 16th, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2004
2121 posts
82 upvotes
Mississauga
Prodigy45 wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 7:19 pm
Just got an email with the gift card now.
When did you purchase your ticket ?
Apr 28, 2012
831 posts
226 upvotes
QC
bought three 100% refundable tickets. Waiting for gift cards to show up before initiating refund.
FREE online credit reports
AMEX: The more you use it and request to pay by it, the more merchants will accept it.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1171 posts
471 upvotes
Ottawa
Prodigy45 wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 7:19 pm
Just got an email with the gift card now.
My mom just got hers for her flights booked out quite a while. Can confirm no limit and one per transaction. They were bought oct 23 evening sometime.
Mar 6, 2003
595 posts
14 upvotes
Haris wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 7:23 pm
When did you purchase your ticket ?
I bought my tickets probably within 30 minutes of the offer going live.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
6777 posts
2215 upvotes
Markham
Just got mine too.
The myth on the Internet is that Canadians are nice people. Those people who say this just haven't been on RFD.
Jan 2, 2012
99 posts
19 upvotes
Just got both my gift cards. Booked my flights on Oct 31st

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)