Expired Hot Deals

[Air Canada] Book ANY Flight (Pay w/Masterpass), Get FREE $60 AirCanada eGiftCard

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2017 3:42 pm
Aug 7, 2006
59 posts
5 upvotes
I got my code last night after looking on this thread again
Nov 21, 2013
6 posts
Halifax
taurus25 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 2:13 pm
I did with amex and havent recieved anything yet ..
Still waiting as well. I made 3 with AMEX and 1 with VISA so time will tell!
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
1552 posts
418 upvotes
Sudbury
I too made my purchases using MasterPass with a VISA and nothing yet.

I hope they aren't just sending them to those who paid with MasterCard and MasterPass
Jul 30, 2011
27 posts
12 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Nothing yet for me. 2 flights, both with AMEX.
May 14, 2008
220 posts
8 upvotes
Ottawa
Has anyone been succesful with registering the Capital one Aspire mastercard with masterpass?
Aug 26, 2015
55 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mudd_stuffin wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 2:06 pm
False.

For a booking involving an adult and a minor, AC automatically assigns adjacent seats even if the fare does not provide for a free pre-assigned seat. So in this instance, the other booking with the sole adult's ticket is the only one that has to pay $25-$30 each.
That's true if it's the SAME booking. I was referring to booking a separate ticket for each traveller to get additional giftcards. If you book one for your self, and one for your minor, they aren't on the same booking. I've travelled with our kids long enough to know.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2005
2401 posts
216 upvotes
tekguy26 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 2:52 pm
That's true if it's the SAME booking. I was referring to booking a separate ticket for each traveller to get additional giftcards. If you book one for your self, and one for your minor, they aren't on the same booking. I've travelled with our kids long enough to know.
No need to capitalize because I can read...

You were replying to my prior post where a separate booking for the minor was likely not a possibility because I mentioned "young child". Since you did not mention your situation, the context of your prior post ought to be a "young child" who would not have been able to purchase a separate ticket. Have you been able to buy a separate ticket for a 3 year old?

So your posting about your experience involving children who are old enough to have a separate booking is completely separate and irrelevant to my prior point.
Mar 21, 2005
112 posts
46 upvotes
Calgary
maggieandyaothecats wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 2:52 pm
Has anyone been succesful with registering the Capital one Aspire mastercard with masterpass?
Yes, I have my Capital One Aspire Cash Card as my primary on MasterPass.
Nov 27, 2006
655 posts
242 upvotes
Toronto
Bah! Made a purchase on the 23rd with MasterCard on my MasterPass and haven't received anything yet.
Dec 12, 2004
294 posts
51 upvotes
ontheroccks wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 2:28 pm
Still waiting as well. I made 3 with AMEX and 1 with VISA so time will tell!
Also paid with an AMEX and am still waiting. The terms and conditions didn't say anything about having to use a Mastercard with Masterpass.
Oct 5, 2013
13 posts
6 upvotes
Milton
Has anyone successfully gotten multiple eGift cards using the same Masterpass account ? I'm wondering if I have to create a different Masterpass account for each transaction, using a different credit card.
Apr 28, 2012
836 posts
226 upvotes
QC
So people who used Visa or AMEX through Masterpass still didn’t receive the gift cards ? The terms don’t restrict eligibility to Mastercard payments. Maybe a programming / misunderstanding error ?
FREE online credit reports
AMEX: The more you use it and request to pay by it, the more merchants will accept it.
May 14, 2008
220 posts
8 upvotes
Ottawa
macuis wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 4:38 pm
Yes, I have my Capital One Aspire Cash Card as my primary on MasterPass.
WTF?

It won't let me register. I do have a grandfathered card, do you have a grandfathered one too?
Mar 21, 2005
112 posts
46 upvotes
Calgary
maggieandyaothecats wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 10:33 am
WTF?

It won't let me register. I do have a grandfathered card, do you have a grandfathered one too?
Yes mine is also the grandfathered one that still gets the 50% anniversary bonus.

Make sure you scroll the whole Masterpass pop-up window. I vaguely remember seeing a Capital One logo, but then scrolled to the bottom of that window to click a link to proceed.
Mar 21, 2005
112 posts
46 upvotes
Calgary
ilovedeals19 wrote:
Nov 18th, 2017 10:20 pm
Has anyone successfully gotten multiple eGift cards using the same Masterpass account ? I'm wondering if I have to create a different Masterpass account for each transaction, using a different credit card.
I also booked multiple flights on the same Masterpass account but only got one ecard. It didn't state that in the T&C's but I wouldn't be surprised if that's something they forgot to explicitly state.