• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2005 1:18 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
202 upvotes
philelmo wrote:they're gonna have some very pissed off customers, especially those cranky business ones and first class
Why? Only the economy class won't get meal.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
3194 posts
493 upvotes
gman wrote:Why? Only the economy class won't get meal.
yeah, I just read that in the article..

then they'd get pissed off customers from that class, the majority of us...
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
9 upvotes
CA
philelmo wrote:they're gonna have some very pissed off customers, especially those cranky business ones and first class
You didn't read the whole article, did you
Oct 10, 2005
112 posts
There's no end to the ingenuity of Air Canada to think up things to charge for," Mr. Janigan said, complaining that the airline began asking this week for a toonie for a "comfort zone" kit consisting of an inflatable plastic pillow and polyester blanket
Wow!
I can understand not giving out free food, but they can't even give you a freakin pillow? This is just beyond pathetic!
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2005
3789 posts
43 upvotes
South Orange
This really blows....hey eating airline food isn't so bad...a good way to pass the time....
12990 posts
1471 upvotes
Bordello wrote:Bring your own food on board? Are you kidding?
you've never done? im a snacker and like to much on something all the time or chew gum (no im not fat or even close to it). the food that i got when i flew was about the size of a small tv dinner. I always brought snacks and maybe a sandwich along for the ride.
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
FS: Acer Predator G1-710 Gaming PC
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2005
1910 posts
Toronto
People will be pissed off at first with the increase in cost, but they will get use to it. Then we will be say "Remember when .... "

I don't have problem with them charging for food.

I don't think I agree with charging for a pillow... that seems a little over board, but maybe I am misunderstanding this from the article that was posted. I'll read it again.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7483 posts
287 upvotes
Ottawa
Siefer999 wrote:you've never done? im a snacker and like to much on something all the time or chew gum (no im not fat or even close to it). the food that i got when i flew was about the size of a small tv dinner. I always brought snacks and maybe a sandwich along for the ride.
Yep, I always bring candy and chocolate when I fly, but I can't imagine bringing a full meal on board. Imagine if someone decides have some ethnic food and stinking up the entire cabin. That would be horrific.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
Bordello wrote:Yep, I always bring candy and chocolate when I fly, but I can't imagine bringing a full meal on board. Imagine if someone decides have some ethnic food and stinking up the entire cabin. That would be horrific.
well regular airline food i find pretty repulsive in terms of smell...i can't stand the breakfast food especially (the smell of those ommlettes although alrite tasting i cant stand the smell)

only airline food i eat is from the asian airlines since they are good stuff.

i bring mcdonald's or wolfgang puck stuff on northamerican flights usually and am very happy.

i'm glad they got rid of the meals though, clogged up the aisle and its not good nor filling.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2005
3434 posts
42 upvotes
Coquitlam
I find the meals on Air Canada has improved a lot, for the YVR-HKG route.

This is probably huge competition between them and Cathay Pacific.

I got hagen daaz ice cream in Economy Class. Maybe because I was in the first row of Economy Class.

Over the years, meals have been getting worse and worse for most US airlines.

I remember 6 years ago when I took Alaskian Airlines, I had Pizza Pop for dinner from YVR-LAS.

The return flight, I ate uncooked lasagna with unmelted cheese. It was gross.

I took United Airlines from YVR-SFO and they only offer a sandwich now, and its cold. =(

2 Years ago, I took Air Canada from YVR-YYZ. One day the food supplier went on job action or something. Air Canada gave us this box, and guess what's inside. It was 6 piece of frozen sushi, 1 can fruit, and a pack of cookies. It was okay, but I think I had to go to the washroom after eating the sushi.
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
11547 posts
5376 upvotes
Moving target
Amourek wrote:Airplane food sucks anyway.
Air Canada acually serves an excellent cold lunch, involving cold chicken. Many good meals are served on airlines, same company that owns swiss chalet cara services
Autocorrect sucks