• Jan 25th, 2020 1:35 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6486 posts
5180 upvotes
Toronto

[Air Canada] Flight sales to Asia

Guys... real savings.... I already purchased a ticket during a sale in December... and now it is over $200 less (grr)

Save on flights to
  • Shanghai
  • Beijing
  • Hong Kong
  • Tokyo
  • Osaka
  • Seoul
  • Taipei
Please avoid discussing political or the SARS 2.0 topics here.... there are separate threads for those, and we are all adults and know how to take care of ourselves

https://www.aircanada.com/en-ca/asia-on-sale
Lunar New Year Sale
To celebrate the Lunar New Year, we’re offering great savings on all of our destinations in Asia. Save on flights to Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Osaka, Seoul, and Taipei and start your Asian adventure.

With an endless array of climates, cultures, and cuisine, and home to many of the oldest countries on earth, deciding which Asian destination to explore first is no easy feat.

Hurry, offer ends January 23.
Last edited by roblombardi on Jan 23rd, 2020 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
115 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7500 posts
959 upvotes
Toronto
I would wait. Better deals will come. I remember people stopped traveling and got a flight direct to Japan from yyz during sars fir less than $600 tax in.
Sep 21, 2019
65 posts
113 upvotes
PCDawg wrote: I would wait. Better deals will come. I remember people stopped traveling and got a flight direct to Japan from yyz during sars fir less than $600 tax in.
So by your thoughts we should wait for another epidemic to save a few more hundredThinking Face
Sep 11, 2011
545 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
Ragas321 wrote: So by your thoughts we should wait for another epidemic to save a few more hundredThinking Face
Not sure if you’re actually aware or just being sarcastic, but the poster you quoted is insinuating the current virus thats spreading throughout Asia (and now it’s in the USA) named ’coronavirus’ *is* that epidemic. Given the upcoming Lunar New Year this week is going to be the absolute busiest travel season for many Asians going to/from their homeland, it’s going to spread for sure and cause major unrest.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
1409 posts
2745 upvotes
PCDawg wrote: I would wait. Better deals will come. I remember people stopped traveling and got a flight direct to Japan from yyz during sars fir less than $600 tax in.
That was like 17 years ago.
In the last 5 years I don’t think I have seen non stop flights to NRT for $600
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
1951 posts
952 upvotes
GTA
Anyone been to Japan during Golden Week? What should one expect if going during that time?

Want to know if its worth while during their week long holiday.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
12011 posts
6877 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
2017 under $700 for non-stop.
kimwoobingsu wrote: That was like 17 years ago.
In the last 5 years I don’t think I have seen non stop flights to NRT for $600

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Nov 30, 2005
237 posts
83 upvotes
North York
Comes with two types of Corona, the beverage and the virus...
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
12011 posts
6877 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
busy busy busy!!! Avoid airports! Most good hotels are booked up.
Akizuki wrote: Anyone been to Japan during Golden Week? What should one expect if going during that time?

Want to know if its worth while during their week long holiday.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Apr 22, 2006
8 posts
2 upvotes
So me and my wife kept looking at options and eventually booked for just after golden week. When we were browsing it said about 800 all in direct Tokyo Haneda. Now that it is booked it is 750, not sure why it went down but not complaining. Now the planning part. If anyone has tips for Sapporo I am all open as we plan on going there during our trip.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10358 posts
1226 upvotes
Brampton
Hexin wrote: So me and my wife kept looking at options and eventually booked for just after golden week. When we were browsing it said about 800 all in direct Tokyo Haneda. Now that it is booked it is 750, not sure why it went down but not complaining. Now the planning part. If anyone has tips for Sapporo I am all open as we plan on going there during our trip.
There is a japan travel thread in the travel sub here. Post your question there.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 59-0-0 and counting.
Dec 12, 2014
365 posts
304 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Ragas321 wrote: So by your thoughts we should wait for another epidemic to save a few more hundredThinking Face
I undestand it's an easy joke for some but for others, you might get them into panic mode for their lack of perspective. Each year our influenza virus kills between 10k to 80k person but I don't see any Chinese news, Indian news, African news or European news talking about some epidemic. Nothing to panic unless you have weak grandparents or weak babies around you. China should actually worry about our influenza Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Flu is a good business for pharmaceuticals
Last edited by Spaceballs on Jan 22nd, 2020 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20615 posts
2936 upvotes
YUL
When I went to Tokyo last July it didn't seem very busy. I guess the busy time to go is during Cherry Blossom season? THis year I'm thinking of going either May or June (TOkyo and Osaka), to avoid the Olympics in July. Anyone have suggestions?
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4739 posts
3280 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
RiceLude98SH wrote: Comes with two types of Corona, the beverage and the virus...
You can't have a Coronavirus without a slice of Lyme disease!
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
1884 posts
184 upvotes
Ottawa
Please avoid discussing political or the SARS 2.0 topics here
I disagree since they directly affect future prices of the deal you just posted.