Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
2398 posts
263 upvotes
LandKing wrote:
Jan 9th, 2015 4:44 am
Yes..some did..majority on here did not and so what? Change of equipment happens and so called getting rouged is a one time thing that will happen when there's change of equipment

Should I post a thread saying Singapore airline sucks cause my a380 got changed to a a320?

Whaaaaa whaaA

Lol

What should've they done? Canceled everybody's tickets and have them rebook? Lol

Should people have made threads about Cathay when they introduced prem economy and made it impossible to upgrade from Y to J class and instead only to the crappy prem e? And only found out at the gate?
LOL, guess you got upgraded to the "crappy prem economy" seats?

If you want to be in "J" then book in "J". You gotta pay to play buddy. I'm glad they stopped upgrading "Y" people into "J".
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12862 posts
1444 upvotes
Pickering
aubgray wrote:
Jan 9th, 2015 9:23 pm
AC was just hoping majority of people wouldn't do anything about it. sure, some complain and get refunds, but most bend over and take it. i'll never fly rouge, even if free.
News for you. If you're on a Rouge 319, there isn't enough room for you to bend over and take it...
Banned
Dec 30, 1969
4317 posts
542 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ExcelPremium wrote:
Jan 10th, 2015 3:04 am
LOL, guess you got upgraded to the "crappy prem economy" seats?

If you want to be in "J" then book in "J". You gotta pay to play buddy. I'm glad they stopped upgrading "Y" people into "J".
Nope..doesn't affect me since work pays for j class and I don't take CX unless absokutely necessary anyways . crappy quality and service for an Asian airline with craptacular mileage program.

And they still upgrade ppl from y to j..prem e is still y
Banned
Dec 30, 1969
4317 posts
542 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Speaking of Cathay and bumping..just found out my Cathay flight this afternoon was changed to depart 3hrs earlier..they emailed me last night ..

Whaaammmm whammmm
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
2398 posts
263 upvotes
LandKing wrote:
Jan 10th, 2015 5:20 am
Nope..doesn't affect me since work pays for j class and I don't take CX unless absokutely necessary anyways . crappy quality and service for an Asian airline with craptacular mileage program.

And they still upgrade ppl from y to j..prem e is still y
I wouldn't hold my breath unless your emerald/diamond...
Jan 31, 2013
946 posts
117 upvotes
Red Deer, AB
LandKing wrote:
Jan 10th, 2015 5:23 am
Speaking of Cathay and bumping..just found out my Cathay flight this afternoon was changed to depart 3hrs earlier..they emailed me last night ..

Whaaammmm whammmm
That's very nice of them, to notify you at least 12 hours ahead, so at least you knew. Air Asia emailed me months ahead to let me know our flights got changed and we could change then without extra costs.

AC however.....never notified me about the flight change, which involved a connecting flight that was now leaving before we'd even arrived . If I hadn't checked my itinerary a few weeks before, just by pure luck, we would have been stranded at the Vancouver airport around Christmas time.

In the end it all worked out, after I phoned them, but I wasn't happy about the fact they'd never let me know beforehand.
May 28, 2012
9194 posts
1670 upvotes
Saskatoon
knuks101 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2015 8:21 am
That's very nice of them, to notify you at least 12 hours ahead, so at least you knew. Air Asia emailed me months ahead to let me know our flights got changed and we could change then without extra costs.

AC however.....never notified me about the flight change, which involved a connecting flight that was now leaving before we'd even arrived . If I hadn't checked my itinerary a few weeks before, just by pure luck, we would have been stranded at the Vancouver airport around Christmas time.

In the end it all worked out, after I phoned them, but I wasn't happy about the fact they'd never let me know beforehand.
They aren't obligated to inform you until 30 days to departure. I make a point to check my booking a few times before we leave...I would say 100% of the time, it has changed in some way, either an extra leg added or changes to flight times, or both. I know it's an inconvenience, but these are the times we live...better to be proactive than to wait until the last minute and find out all the seats are sold and you are SOL. We flew with AC quite a lot (before the "rouging") but lately it's been WJ and I haven't had as many changes with them.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2007
1221 posts
82 upvotes
knuks101 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2015 6:18 pm
no, you DON'T get what you pay for, that's the whole point. I paid full price for an AC flight, and got bumped to an AC Rouge flight with no leg room (apparently we were on one of the Airbuses 319), without getting a discount on the price.
It sounds like AC is just replacing all their flights/etc with ACR and keeping the prices the same, with a big middle finger to consumers going "What are you going to do about it, we're your only (or one of very few) choice.".
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
6402 posts
1178 upvotes
Toronto
thetim wrote:
Jan 11th, 2015 10:40 am
It sounds like AC is just replacing all their flights/etc with ACR and keeping the prices the same, with a big middle finger to consumers going "What are you going to do about it, we're your only (or one of very few) choice.".
Exactly. AC is taking advantage of people. Most are complaining about it, while some (who usually fly business class as company pays for it) are just coming here to laugh and rub salt on people's wounds.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
1331 posts
312 upvotes
I'm flying Air Canada Rouge in Feb with my 16 month old son from Sudbury -> Toronto -> Orlando.

Wish me luck :)
Mar 12, 2003
425 posts
6 upvotes
Ontario
Hi All,

I'm about to book an 8.5hr duration flight on rouge and I've read the bad reviews on seat pitch being very tight. The rouge flight I would be booking is a Boeing 767-300 (763) plane and according to their site the seat pitch is 30 inches in economy. So I'm just trying to get a sense of how cramped it would be.

I was recently on a flight via Sunwing Airline and on my booking it says aircraft is 737-800. Based on what I can find, the 737-800 pitch is between 30-34 but I can't find an exact number? Can anyone help me confirm or compare? If it's the same pitch then at least I have a point of comparison since I was just recently on that sunwing flight.

BTW I am flying with 2 kids, a 4yr old and an infant (who will be on my lap!)

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2003
7052 posts
752 upvotes
Burnaby
Sunwing runs 29 inch pitch

http://www.sunwing.ca/customer-service/ ... e_FAQs.asp

A: Seating dimensions on Sunwing Airlines:
Seat Width: 17" (all seats have the same width)
Sunwing Airlines offers a 29” seat pitch with an option to upgrade to Elite Plus at 35” and Exit Row seats available at 39” (row 15 & 16)
Please note that some rows have unmovable armrests.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
23475 posts
1524 upvotes
Markham
Our flight to Vegas was delayed more than 8 hours. Only got food vouchers...

Plane mechanical failure..
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel