None
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
6595 posts
1262 upvotes
Toronto
Shaner wrote:
Feb 5th, 2015 9:26 am
How can I tell if a flight is Rogue or not? I'm flying to Greece in late May and Air Canada is one of the flights I'm looking at. It says Aircraft 763, flight #AC1900. Any way to tell? If it is Rogue, I'm going to avoid Air Canada
If you want to redeem aeropeso points (which we just did), avoid AC, LH, OS. The scamcharges added on, is outrageous. We just redeemed on Turkish airline, saved hundreds each person each segment. Of course you also avoid getting rough rogued.
Jul 5, 2004
21995 posts
1947 upvotes
Ended up booking with Rouge after all for 2 reasons. Air Canada is the only airline that flies out of Kingston, which will save me a bunch in parking, not to mention the convenience. Plus, Rouge gets me into Athens 8 hours earlier than any other airline could that day. It's the difference between 9 am and 5 pm. That's pretty much a full day of vacation time I would be losing if I went with any other airline. I'm dreading the flight though. It's on the B767 which I've read is better than the Airbus, but I'm still dreading it.

The reviews are so bad that I actually considering getting into Athens 8 hours later just to avoid Rouge. I don't know how that's a good business plan for Air Canada.
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
May 28, 2012
9281 posts
1705 upvotes
Saskatoon
Shaner wrote:
Feb 9th, 2015 8:39 pm
Ended up booking with Rouge after all for 2 reasons. Air Canada is the only airline that flies out of Kingston, which will save me a bunch in parking, not to mention the convenience. Plus, Rouge gets me into Athens 8 hours earlier than any other airline could that day. It's the difference between 9 am and 5 pm. That's pretty much a full day of vacation time I would be losing if I went with any other airline. I'm dreading the flight though. It's on the B767 which I've read is better than the Airbus, but I'm still dreading it.

The reviews are so bad that I actually considering getting into Athens 8 hours later just to avoid Rouge. I don't know how that's a good business plan for Air Canada.
I honestly believe they don't care...when you compare WJ and AC, AC often has better landing times...people generally want the shortest connections possible.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
6595 posts
1262 upvotes
Toronto
Shaner wrote:
Feb 9th, 2015 8:39 pm
AC brass do not care. They don't care about customer comfort. They only fly in first or business class and don't care about cattle class or squeeze-cattle class.

AC is making money, stock price is going way up. The AC executives are getting huge bonuses. They originally said no domestic flights will be rough rogued. Guess what, they see the profit going up, they just announced domestic flights going rough rogue.
Jul 23, 2009
582 posts
56 upvotes
Cork, Ireland
I've flown Sunwing for 5 hours down to Panama with their 737s and it wasn't that bad. According to posts here the seat pitch is 29 inches too so I don't think Rouge will be too too bad. I am 6 feet.

I also survived a Canjet flight down to Florida with a full-on gout attack no problem.

If they could overload a 777 and cut prices by 30%-50% with a seat pitch of 28-29 inches I'd fly them all the way to China from Toronto any day.
Oct 20, 2004
617 posts
129 upvotes
Ottawa
savercanuck91 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2015 6:03 pm
If they could overload a 777 and cut prices by 30%-50% with a seat pitch of 28-29 inches I'd fly them all the way to China from Toronto any day.
AC has some 777s that fit your description, they just don't give as bit a discount as you would like.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12862 posts
1445 upvotes
Pickering
Shaner wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2015 12:01 pm
I've been on planes where people bring their own bottle from duty free and drink it during the flight. Don't know if it's allowed, but the attendants didn't care on those flights (sunwing and air transat)
Hey, if the pilots can do it, why not the passengers?

:lol:
Mar 11, 2017
2 posts
Yep. It's bad. The customer service is horrible. They forgot our luggage and my family is pe'od now. I am not going on air Canada rouge when I get older. Because I am only 12/13. Also, they have limited entertainment , and there is no customer service. Awful .
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2008
4744 posts
858 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Bitbatgaminb wrote:
Mar 12th, 2017 9:57 am
Yep. It's bad. The customer service is horrible. They forgot our luggage and my family is pe'od now. I am not going on air Canada rouge when I get older. Because I am only 12/13. Also, they have limited entertainment , and there is no customer service. Awful .
Okie dookie.... :lol:
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3374 posts
275 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
How does Rouge's 767s compared to Air Transats A310s? Specifically economy (not premium/comfort). Are they basically the same?
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
2042 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
yaldaren wrote:
Feb 15th, 2015 6:19 pm
AC has some 777s that fit your description, they just don't give as bit a discount as you would like.
Those high density 777s are awful. Took one a short while back. Unless I were a skinny Asian kid, I'd hate taking one of those sardine cans all the way to Hong Kong!
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2007
2372 posts
147 upvotes
Flew Rouge Toronto-San Diego round trip in Feb 2017 (you might remember my other thread).

5 hour flight in Economy.

First time on a plane in over a decade and I won't be flying again for at least a year (just my situation, nothing to do with Rouge).

Seating is uncomfortable if you're taller and the flight is packed. Luckily both ways it was about 80% full so I had stretching room. The flight attendants let people move without hassle. Don't know what plane it was. They had 2 rows, 3 seats abreast.

The service was pretty normal. If you're a frequent flyer and used to being spoiled maybe Rouge would be sub-par. But for an average guy like me I had nothing to complain about. They were friendly when they needed to be and a little more stern when people would break rules.

Baggage: people brought carry-ons clearly larger than the limit. I was annoyed at that. I don't know if this is specific to Rouge. Someone in the other thread said they tend to care less if the flight isn't full. Makes sense but still sucks I had to pay the fee (only one way though).

They waived my baggage fee on the way back because I only had Canadian money and you must use American in the US. Their website does mention it but it can be confusing. At the top of the page it says something like, "Baggage fees $25 CAD/USD." So if you stop reading there you assume you can use either currency regardless of whether you're in Canada or US. But further down the page it says you must use the local currency. My fault for not reading (or not remembering).

Meals were only for-purchase. Credit card only.

iPad rental is $10 (I'm assuming also only credit card but I can't say for certain).

Ticket was booked one month ahead of time using cheapoair.com (prices checked against Google Flights).

Round-trip ticket with taxes: $419.xx
Baggage fee: ~$25 x 1 (waived on return flight)
Total cost: $445

Other general notes:
Check-in and security both ways was very quick. I got dropped off and in less than half an hour I was sitting at the gate. Next time I won't go so early.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2008
4744 posts
858 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
umop wrote:
Mar 12th, 2017 4:08 pm
Seating is uncomfortable if you're taller and the flight is packed. Luckily both ways it was about 80% full so I had stretching room. The flight attendants let people move without hassle. Don't know what plane it was. They had 2 rows, 3 seats abreast.
They use older Airbus A319-100
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!