• Jun 14th, 2017 1:56 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7746 posts
393 upvotes
Vancouver
wow, good to get feedback on Rouge. I am looking to fly out of Vancouver at the end of April. Is Rouge flying domestically now? Its unfortunate we don't have many choices flying across Canada. A/C and WJ?
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2013
2799 posts
617 upvotes
markham
trellaine201 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2017 10:48 pm
wow, good to get feedback on Rouge. I am looking to fly out of Vancouver at the end of April. Is Rouge flying domestically now? Its unfortunate we don't have many choices flying across Canada. A/C and WJ?
i think there is a little over reaction here...i dont see too much of a difference flying rouge to AC or WJ..i fly about a half dozen times a year..i guess i am used to the downgrade in services and accommodation in the last few years...but when i can fly for less then the cost of gas driving..i don't complain...prices are the same, if not cheaper than they were 30 years ago (especially adjusting for inflation)..you get either good price or good flight/service..rarely both...really , you get what you pay for.
I have no complaints about Rouge..and when I do..I complain to AC and they send me a 20-25% off coupon code for my next flight. :)
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2043 posts
202 upvotes
Mississauga
I have used this twice, St. Lucia and Grenada and found it fantastic both time. I am a 6'3" guy and had room, on board wifi etc. No complaints what so ever. I will however avoid sunwing at all costs.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
1849 posts
353 upvotes
cRaZyRaVr wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 9:50 am
I have used this twice, St. Lucia and Grenada and found it fantastic both time. I am a 6'3" guy and had room, on board wifi etc. No complaints what so ever. I will however avoid sunwing at all costs.
How was it 'fantastic'?

On board wifi should be clarified as it's not internet access, just ability to connect to their in flight entertainment and watch shows on your device.. which is fine and normal for low cost airlines

I'm 6'2 and in regular seats my knees are hard pressed against the seat in front of me, I cannot do middle or window seat, aisle seat is a must so I can stretch out

So should also clarify where you sat as it makes all the difference, especially if it was an 'upgraded' seat at emergency exit or first couple rows at the front

And final should be the type of plane you were on, the Airbus 319 are horrible for leg room.. the other planes have a few inches more
Mar 27, 2015
664 posts
161 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
I can't remember if I posted on this or not, so I'll do it again. I flew Toronto-Phoenix last year. It was fine, only because I paid an extra $40 or so for the bulkhead seat. Lots of legroom that way. Otherwise, it would have been uncomfortable. I'm 5'4"-150 lbs, so not that big. No entertainment doesn't bother me, no food doesn't bother me. The crew are very young, but professional and energetic. For an overseas flight, I don't think I'd do it, I want to go to Barcelona for only a few days, they are the only option, but even with the premium upgrade I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable doing that flight. I want an experienced flight crew on those long haul flights. Plus they use old planes, which bothers me. But for something short within N/A, I'd do it again.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
27697 posts
3836 upvotes
Ottawa
Eldorado wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 11:45 am
How was it 'fantastic'?

On board wifi should be clarified as it's not internet access, just ability to connect to their in flight entertainment and watch shows on your device.. which is fine and normal for low cost airlines

I'm 6'2 and in regular seats my knees are hard pressed against the seat in front of me, I cannot do middle or window seat, aisle seat is a must so I can stretch out

So should also clarify where you sat as it makes all the difference, especially if it was an 'upgraded' seat at emergency exit or first couple rows at the front

And final should be the type of plane you were on, the Airbus 319 are horrible for leg room.. the other planes have a few inches more
I agree with you. Rouge is a typical charter flight where they jamb in an extra 18 or more seats and the pitch reduced from 31-33 down to 29 inches on Rougue.
Also, wifi is for the inflight entertainment only because there are no seat back screens. If you want entertainment you need to bring your own tablet and download an app or pay $10 for the use of one of theirs. If you want internet, it will cost you dearly.
I recently was on a flight from Miami to Toronto and folks did not want to check their bags and it was a horrendous mess in economy. People had to put the bags under the seat in front of them and had no leg room at all. People were sitting for 3 1/2 hours with their knees in their faces. They could not even lower the seat trays.
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional minority, and rabidly promoted by unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds the proposition that it is possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.' Anonymous
Aug 30, 2012
74 posts
8 upvotes
+1 to share my bad experience with Rouge. It was an economy flight from Toronto to Europe in an Airbus. The seat was horrible in terms of legroom and ergonomics such that it was impossible for me to find a comfort position no matter what I did in the several hours flight. I am 6' and 170 lb.
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
1344 posts
434 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
baddy420 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 3:16 pm
+1 to share my bad experience with Rouge. It was an economy flight from Toronto to Europe in an Airbus. The seat was horrible in terms of legroom and ergonomics such that it was impossible for me to find a comfort position no matter what I did in the several hours flight. I am 6' and 170 lb.
I'm pretty sure rouge doesn't fly Airbus to Europe
Mar 1, 2016
19 posts
6 upvotes
If your're taller than 5"9 don't expect a comfortable seat because of limited leg space on Air Rouge. I was hoping all the bad reviews were over exaggeration of complaining fliers but I did not have a good experience with Rouge. All negative reviews is true.
Nov 3, 2002
804 posts
40 upvotes
rouge is awful. They are charging full price for a discount airline experience.
They arbitrarily change routes over to Rouge from mainline AC.

Charge the same price but the awful servie.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3529 posts
985 upvotes
Toronto
I've flown Rouge within North America a few times and its been fine. Seats and legroom were fine. My only issue was with their crappy in flight entertainment app which just would not connect - annoying. I'd prefer a different airline if I was doing a longer haul flight though.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5023 posts
1065 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
After reading about Rouge's poor entertainment app I've decided to just pre-load a bunch of digital HD movies on my tablet for the kids.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3529 posts
985 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 3:03 pm
After reading about Rouge's poor entertainment app I've decided to just pre-load a bunch of digital HD movies on my tablet for the kids.
Yeah, we had two devices with Netflix stuff on it so those came in handy. One of our devices did manage to use the Rouge system. The other one was SOL :)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5023 posts
1065 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Does anyone know if Rouge does complimentary pre-assigned seats when travelling with children? The Air Canada website says it's included however because they treat Rouge differently I'm unsure. I booked an Air Canada Vacation pkg but my travel agent says it's not included and I need to pay an additional $40pp.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3529 posts
985 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 11:11 pm
Does anyone know if Rouge does complimentary pre-assigned seats when travelling with children? The Air Canada website says it's included however because they treat Rouge differently I'm unsure. I booked an Air Canada Vacation pkg but my travel agent says it's not included and I need to pay an additional $40pp.
We flew Rouge recently with our kids, we booked the flight only on the AC Website and seat selection was included. I just looked up the same flight and yeah, it looks like it is included for everyone whether or not they're flying with kids. I looked up a flight to the US though and it wouldn't have been included in our fare category (i.e. the cheapest option). So it may depend on your destination. Try to use your booking number to login and see if you can select your seats.