Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6267 posts
58 upvotes
Etobicoke

Air Canada Seat Class Codes?

Does anyone know what Air Canada seat class codes mean or where I can look it up?

So far, I've seen the following:

Executive First (pretty obvious)
Freedom
Latitude
J
Y
M
B
H
V
17 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2002
4954 posts
61 upvotes
eelfliw wrote:Does anyone know what Air Canada seat class codes mean or where I can look it up?

So far, I've seen the following:

Executive First (pretty obvious)
Freedom
Latitude
J
Y
M
B
H
V
Freedom has been renamed to Latitude Plus. It is equivalent to full fare Y.
J is Executive Class/First
Latitude is full fare economy with executive class frills (priority bags, checkin, MLL). fully refundable.
M is close to full fare economy. fully refundable.
B H V is also known as Tango Plus, discounted economy. non refundable.
P I G R E N T class codes are the Tango fares.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14316 posts
91 upvotes
Mississauga
Pigrent?
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Oct 14, 2001
548 posts
1 upvote
And there's TravelCuts 'Z' class, gotta love being a student they treat you like royalty . . . :cry:
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2002
4954 posts
61 upvotes
mlc2000 wrote:Pigrent?
Yup, that's the acronym of fare codes AC gate agents use to determine fares that are ineligible for upgrade.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6267 posts
58 upvotes
Etobicoke
Thanks for the codes!

Gonna try my luck and see if they'll upgrade my V class ticket with a system wide upgrade cert.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4988 posts
mlc2000 wrote:Pigrent?

yeah, no wonder, the seats are good enough only for pigs to rent space on
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1261 posts
36 upvotes
Sorry to bring old threat to life but this stuff is confusing as hell. I have roughly ~90k aeroplan points and the reward chart says Y/B class can upgrade for 25K points while C/D class can upgrade for 50K points (this for NA to Europe 2). But i can not find any way to book those specific classes. The website has option to restrict by upgradeable only but that seems to apply to e-certs (it asks you what level you are prestige/elite/super elite)

How do i find out which is the cheapest ticket i can get that will upgrade to business class on a Toronto to Italy flight?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2005
1584 posts
99 upvotes
Montr
Akaz1976 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2011 9:43 pm
...the reward chart says Y/B class can upgrade for 25K points while C/D class can upgrade for 50K points (this for NA to Europe 2)
But i can not find any way to book those specific classes.

It's Latitude on Air Canada. AC doesn't have C/D (that I know of), it's probably the fully refundable business class on another carrier where they also have a first class on the same flight.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan/up ... wards.html
https://www1.aeroplan.com/saua/Chart.do
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2005
1584 posts
99 upvotes
Montr
Akaz1976 wrote:
How do i find out which is the cheapest ticket i can get that will upgrade to business class on a Toronto to Italy flight?
https://matrix1.itasoftware.com

Code: Select all

To:  FCO:: /f bc=y|bc=b ; alliance star-alliance
Make sure the airline you choose is listed in the star upgrade program.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
24560 posts
2330 upvotes
Ottawa
Akaz1976 wrote:
Sorry to bring old threat to life but this stuff is confusing as hell. I have roughly ~90k aeroplan points and the reward chart says Y/B class can upgrade for 25K points while C/D class can upgrade for 50K points (this for NA to Europe 2). But i can not find any way to book those specific classes. The website has option to restrict by upgradeable only but that seems to apply to e-certs (it asks you what level you are prestige/elite/super elite)

Not exactly sure what you are asking. You want to buy a cheap ticket and then upgrade to executive first?
We just went to Spain and back, executive first, and it cost 85K points plus tax each. Buying a ticket and then using 50K points to upgrade is not a good use of your points.
Use your points to get a executive ticket.
It’s not how far you fall that counts. It’s how high you bounce that counts! General G Patton
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2005
2076 posts
132 upvotes
HighFlyer wrote:
Apr 20th, 2005 9:52 pm
Freedom has been renamed to Latitude Plus. It is equivalent to full fare Y.
J is Executive Class/First
Latitude is full fare economy with executive class frills (priority bags, checkin, MLL). fully refundable.
M is close to full fare economy. fully refundable.
B H V is also known as Tango Plus, discounted economy. non refundable.
P I G R E N T class codes are the Tango fares.

Are these still in effect? What's the difference between the different BHV and PIGRENT codes? :?:
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2005
1584 posts
99 upvotes
Montr
ShopperfiendTO wrote:
Dec 1st, 2011 11:06 pm
Are these still in effect? What's the difference between the different BHV and PIGRENT codes? :?:

No, that list is not valid. The air canada website has pretty good detail on the difference between tango and tango+ fare classes.
Nov 22, 2010
641 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
ShopperfiendTO wrote:

That list is out of date. For example, the 'R' and 'I' codes are now used for executive class.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2005
4758 posts
404 upvotes
drdrma wrote:
Nov 17th, 2011 10:56 pm
It's Latitude on Air Canada. AC doesn't have C/D (that I know of), it's probably the fully refundable business class on another carrier where they also have a first class on the same flight.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan/up ... wards.html
https://www1.aeroplan.com/saua/Chart.do

C-Class is the same as J-Class. Star Alliance uses C-Class to designate Business Class (if you notice your luggage tag will say J/C).
travelgeek wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2011 2:15 am
That list is out of date. For example, the 'R' and 'I' codes are now used for executive class.

Yes

R = Executive Upgrade
I = Executive Reward
X = Economy Reward
ShopperfiendTO wrote:

Basically to upgrade you need to book full fare (so Latitude) economy, which is probably more expensive than Executive First Lowest (if available. The other trick is an award seat must be available (I-Class), if no award seats are open then you will just get a message saying no available inventory for upgrade as it does not book into R-Class.
× < >