Expired Hot Deals

[Air Canada Vacations] Last minute deal to Dominican Republic/Mexico from YUL - Departure Nov 23-24 - from $579 for 7 days All Inclusive

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2019 7:30 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6039 posts
1788 upvotes
Montreal

[Air Canada Vacations] Last minute deal to Dominican Republic/Mexico from YUL - Departure Nov 23-24 - from $579 for 7 days All Inclusive

I have been following prices for the past few weeks, and received 2 alerts this morning.
The prices are lava hot for 2 great resorts, both of them are rated 4.5 on TripAdvisor. I'm really mad right now because I just booked last Friday for Cuba and thought it was a good price at $730 lol... So if you are already tired of the snow, here's a good deal for ya!

Sunscape Puerto Plata and Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa (went to this one last year, it's a great resort), see attached image for dates and hours.

Book with your favorite travel sites for extra incentives. If you are an Aeroplan member, your points are worth 150% when booked directly with Air Canada Vacations
Images
  • 1.JPG
  • 2.JPG
  • 1.JPG
  • 2.JPG
  • 3.JPG
Last edited by Madevilz on Nov 19th, 2019 10:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
26 replies
Apr 29, 2013
269 posts
277 upvotes
Candiac
Went to the Sunscape last spring. Sand is not white like in Punta Cana, but otherwise we really liked the hotel and the beach. This is a great price, paid double that last time. Take note that this is not a party resort.
Jun 15, 2016
9 posts
11 upvotes
Just tried to book via Voyage bergeron and they said its a bug in Air canada's system, every price is messed up so they cant honnor the price. They cant even get to the final page to book it.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6039 posts
1788 upvotes
Montreal
PatrickL664259 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2019 9:17 am
Just tried to book via Voyage bergeron and they said its a bug in Air canada's system, every price is messed up so they cant honnor the price. They cant even get to the final page to book it.
really? Maybe try calling Air Canada to see if they can honor it.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
1691 posts
821 upvotes
Markham
Anyone able to book it?
Thanks OP for the deal. Hopefully few of us can get it.
-------
Thank you
Jun 15, 2016
9 posts
11 upvotes
i tried booking the : Ocean El Faro-El Beso Adults Only, amazing deal for 7 days, paid over 1500 when it open last year !
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6039 posts
1788 upvotes
Montreal
Air Canada Vacations website is under maintenance, maybe that's why the prices are messed up. But there is also a chance that the prices are good to go once Air Canada system is back up. I'd wait a bit.

Update: My wife tried calling AC to see if we could modify our reservation. There is a message saying that they cannot book anything right now. Wait until the system goes back up, the prices could still be good.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1420 posts
766 upvotes
Toronto, ON
You can always find good deals last minute as long as your not picky on where to go and which country/city. Puerto plata IMO is terrible, but the Cayacoa is a good deal. Prices in DOM have come down a lot this year from those "mysterious" deaths, the amount of people that have cancelled their trips their really hurt the tourism industry
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6039 posts
1788 upvotes
Montreal
loopy1984 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2019 9:28 am
You can always find good deals last minute as long as your not picky on where to go and which country/city. Puerto plata IMO is terrible, but the Cayacoa is a good deal. Prices in DOM have come down a lot this year from those "mysterious" deaths, the amount of people that have cancelled their trips their really hurt the tourism industry
Not really, I have been following prices for the past month, and there were no such things as last minute deals like this for DR.
At least from YUL. Both of these hotels were at least $950+ even a few days before departure, Cayacoa was $1070 yesterday and has never been below that in the past months.
Last edited by Madevilz on Nov 19th, 2019 9:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jun 15, 2016
9 posts
11 upvotes
I went to Puerto plata in oct and it wasent that bad at all! no the beach is not as nice like at cuba but i was very suprised, paid 500$ for a week in the DR you cant complain! was one of my nicest trip to date .
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
3585 posts
1383 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Does the DR still require all 10 fingerprints on entry?

Anyone been lately?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6039 posts
1788 upvotes
Montreal
JRGUINNESS wrote:
Nov 19th, 2019 9:44 am
Does the DR still require all 10 fingerprints on entry?

Anyone been lately?
Last year, we did have to scan fingerprints on entry.
Mar 24, 2011
31 posts
3 upvotes
Website not reachable. Under maintenance.
Aug 14, 2018
151 posts
155 upvotes
GTA
doesnt even work :( i want to book punta cana royalton on DEC 1
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Message Sent from outta Space :twisted:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)