• Jul 17th, 2017 12:47 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
1593 posts
138 upvotes

Air Canada vs Lufthansa perm. econ $40 difference

Medically need the extra room, so no economy.Disappointed But Relieved Face

Heading to Madrid and back from Lisbon. AC and L have flights on my dates. Lufthansa uses AC on the return. So the choice is AC both ways or Lufthansa going and AC, via Lufthansa on the way back.

I've checked AC vs L on Prem. eco, and there is a difference of 1" in favour of AC.
So, is it worth going Lufthansa and back AC or just do AC both ways.

Anyone flown both?

BTW, on the Lufthansa website the flight says no meal.

Thanks in advance.
8 replies
Jul 29, 2007
402 posts
103 upvotes
North America
This isn't a helpful answer, but either one would do... I assume you're in the Toronto area. I would just go for the cheaper one and my guess is the Lufthansa flight would be equal quality. You might want to also check the date/times of the flights, some flights are offered in "partnership" meaning it might say Lufthansa but operated by Air Canada or vice versa. I've read reviews of both airlines and haven't checked that route specifically, but you may want to check their reviews on that specific routing...
Best RFD Purchases: Flight Deals, Cell/Laptops/Tablets, Clothing/Shoes.
Thanks to RFD for helping me with spending money, I feel so poor now!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
1593 posts
138 upvotes
Mixed reviews. may just go AC so as to only have to deal with one airline.
Thanks
Feb 8, 2017
229 posts
82 upvotes
i've flown ac premium economy. it's a good product. there are plenty of reviews of lufthansa premium economy on youtube. but if it makes life easier to go with ac you'll be fine (assuming it's mainline ac and not Rouge). good seat, good legroom, good selection of drinks.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
1593 posts
138 upvotes
aubgray1 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 6:37 pm
i've flown ac premium economy. it's a good product. there are plenty of reviews of lufthansa premium economy on youtube. but if it makes life easier to go with ac you'll be fine (assuming it's mainline ac and not Rouge). good seat, good legroom, good selection of drinks.
The return flight is in fact Rouge. Problems?
Feb 8, 2017
229 posts
82 upvotes
sam123 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 6:41 pm
not necessarily. seat will be ok - more legroom, a bit wider than economy. with rouge you will not have seat back screens to watch movies, etc. you have to download the app on an iPhone/ipad, etc to watch movies or use one of their iPads which they can give you. food will be a little lower quality than ac/lufthansa premium economy.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/hom ... class.html
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
1593 posts
138 upvotes
Booking with AC, thanks
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
1344 posts
433 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
AC all the way...much better equipment and service and much much lower chance of strikes
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
1344 posts
433 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
sam123 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 6:41 pm
Nope... premium economy is same on rouge and mainline

Rouge will have better service though