Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Air China

Air China: Vancouver to Singapore R/T (Spring Break) $666

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2019 11:34 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5348 posts
4356 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: I love how people assume.

Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou... all pinnacle cities worth visiting.

Singapore is also close to my heart, though.
Being to 3 out of 4 cities you mentioned. Will never go back.

BTW horrible diarrhea in Shanghai and Guangzhou. Do not eat out. Bring a box of instant noodles if you have to go there.
Dec 2, 2014
314 posts
605 upvotes
If only Taiwan/Korea would go this cheap. Seems the only Asian destinations that misses out on these amazing deals.
Feb 7, 2015
365 posts
237 upvotes
SoroSuub1 wrote: ... What?

Singapore is an independent city-state and isn't a part of China. It also isn't a manufacturing hub so I don't know what you're saying and how it's relevant since the previous commenter was comparing the cost of flights to Singapore versus domestic Canadian...

---

I'm not sure why people are worried about Singapore. It's a very safe and wealthy city state. It is a significant business destination and financial market so there's very very heavy competition between all cities to Singapore. Often, United flights from yyz to Singapore with a single stopover in lax price out in the 600-800 range r/t, not to mention in the past I've seen Delta, lots of Asian carriers etc. Your role in taking the cheap $666 fare is to fill the seat so they can continue justifying flying to/from Singapore and trying to capture the very profitable business travelers who will pay much more for business, first or less restrictive fares.

Last time I flew air China pek to YVR i was lucky enough to get upgraded to business class without elite status on any star Alliance airline... Lie flat business class seats and decent food. Beef noodles were definitely better in the lounge though.

Transpacific routes have heavy competition so pricing is a lot cheaper than Europe or domestic Canada.
Lol @Xtrema doesn't know what he's talking about. Singapore is a very wealthy country and has high standard in every thing. It's a very safe country. I'm not a Singaporean but i was raised there in the 90s so I know their country very well. I think its the safest country in the world. I would walk alone when i was in primary 1 and no one would kidnap, sexually assault you or follow you around unlike here in Canada. Its safer than Japan imho(search Junko Furuta). Crime rarely happens in Singapore. Their education system is top notch. I remembered when i was in primary 1, we had a computer subject. They're teaching their students how to use computers at an early age. More than a decade ago i came back to Singapore and one of my jobs there was teaching robotics for primary 1 to 4 students. https://www.economist.com/leaders/2018/ ... schools?al
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12887 posts
13083 upvotes
SoroSuub1 wrote: ... What?

Singapore is an independent city-state and isn't a part of China. It also isn't a manufacturing hub so I don't know what you're saying and how it's relevant since the previous commenter was comparing the cost of flights to Singapore versus domestic Canadian...

---

I'm not sure why people are worried about Singapore. It's a very safe and wealthy city state. It is a significant business destination and financial market so there's very very heavy competition between all cities to Singapore. Often, United flights from yyz to Singapore with a single stopover in lax price out in the 600-800 range r/t, not to mention in the past I've seen Delta, lots of Asian carriers etc. Your role in taking the cheap $666 fare is to fill the seat so they can continue justifying flying to/from Singapore and trying to capture the very profitable business travelers who will pay much more for business, first or less restrictive fares.

Last time I flew air China pek to YVR i was lucky enough to get upgraded to business class without elite status on any star Alliance airline... Lie flat business class seats and decent food. Beef noodles were definitely better in the lounge though.

Transpacific routes have heavy competition so pricing is a lot cheaper than Europe or domestic Canada.
Woah, I have double check if this deal is Air Singapore or Air China. My comment is towards Air China. Air Singapore is 1st rate international airline and Singapore is a 1st rate developed country. May be a bit authoritarian but it's no China and actually has rule of law.

https://www.businessinsider.sg/singapor ... -security/

Most of the time, if you are a foreigner in Asian countries, they won't mess with you worrying about bad PR and ruin the tourism industry. China used to be the same way but the stance has changed in the last couple of years.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
8455 posts
2000 upvotes
Also, in a few months, this new terminal will be open in Singapore's airport.

Oct 25, 2010
855 posts
415 upvotes
Singapore airport and it’s airline are amazing and put our airports and air canada to shame
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2013
1666 posts
1558 upvotes
Montr
As canadians we should worry more about being detained for no reasons in PEK than worrying about Singapore Face With Stuck-out Tongue
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2451 posts
873 upvotes
Buggy166 wrote: Also, in a few months, this new terminal will be open in Singapore's airport.

How can one ls sell a country by extolling it's amazing airport? It Just confirms how boring that place is.
Like other have said, it is a perfect start to exploring its more interesting neighbours.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37129 upvotes
WL1980 wrote: Being to 3 out of 4 cities you mentioned. Will never go back.

BTW horrible diarrhea in Shanghai and Guangzhou. Do not eat out. Bring a box of instant noodles if you have to go there.
Zero issues on keto.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12887 posts
13083 upvotes
Desperadude wrote: As canadians we should worry more about being detained for no reasons in PEK than worrying about Singapore Face With Stuck-out Tongue
If this deal doesn't have to layover in China, I will take it in a heartbeat. Even with Air China's crappy safety record.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
8455 posts
2000 upvotes
andreid wrote: How can one ls sell a country by extolling it's amazing airport? It Just confirms how boring that place is.
Like other have said, it is a perfect start to exploring its more interesting neighbours.
lol "sell a country"

Its a singular city, how much time can you spend to visit any metropolitan city anywhere before you get bored? It wont matter what you list because the results are always the same. A week or less.

As for exploring its more interesting neighbours, literally all the interesting stuff is outside of the cities, so thats a moot point. You dont fly 20 hours to Singapore just to visit Singapore. That'd be a waste of time and money for most people. You gotta hit up some other spots in the nearby area.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37129 upvotes
Xtrema wrote: If this deal doesn't have to layover in China, I will take it in a heartbeat. Even with Air China's crappy safety record.
Hasn't that safety risk myth been debunked at this point?
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12887 posts
13083 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Hasn't that safety risk myth been debunked at this point?
I may have pushed that myth because the number I had was from 2011 (AirCanada was 500% above industry average and Air China is 200% below) . So they may have improved since.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)