• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2017 10:00 pm
25 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
2818 posts
788 upvotes
Vancouver
1. Travel period : September 1 – November 30, 2017 (with maximum stay of 3 months)
Exceptions:
- Departure: October 5-15, 2017
- Return: September 22-October 3, 2017

2. The fares shown are for all inclusive round-trip. Only a limited number of tickets are available. Act fast! The 499CAD special promotional offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions.
You cannot earn mileage with our special promotional offer. Auxiliary product and services including transit hotel are not available with the special promotional offer.

3. The 8% discount on flights departing from Canada to Asia (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan) is applicable to child and infant tickets.

4. Air China reserves the right to make changes to the promotion without notice.
Mar 22, 2012
127 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
does it include taxes?

i'm travelling to a few countries and my final destination before heading back would be thailand.
tickets from toronto to beijing are $670, so i would go from thailand to beijing and back or
drive or bus to montreal - park there - fly to hk and so i would go from thailand to hk and back and take advantage of the 499 price?

how much are flights between thailand and hk or beijing? and is it worth bussing/driving+parking in montreal?
Banned
Mar 12, 2017
108 posts
46 upvotes
Calgary
Dbang86 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2017 9:48 pm
does it include taxes?

i'm travelling to a few countries and my final destination before heading back would be thailand.
tickets from toronto to beijing are $670, so i would go from thailand to beijing and back or
drive or bus to montreal - park there - fly to hk and so i would go from thailand to hk and back and take advantage of the 499 price?

how much are flights between thailand and hk or beijing? and is it worth bussing/driving+parking in montreal?
And life insurance?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
6255 posts
2028 upvotes
FYI, Air China is part of Star Alliance so you can collect Aeroplan for Air China flights.

Both Air Canada and Air China use Boeing 777 for their nonstop YVR - PEK flight. The Air China planes have 32" seat pitch and 18" width. Air Canada flies with 31" seat pitch and 17" width. The net effect is that on a plane of the same size, Air Canada fits a 10th seat in each row for cattle class.

My experience with Air China on this leg (PEK - YVR only) in 2015 was great. But that's because I got "bumped" to business class at check-in when they ran out of seats in economy (they even tried to offer me a seat on an earlier Air Canada flight!). I'd post pictures of the food like I have for past China Eastern threads, but it wouldn't be comparable since it was business class.
Last edited by SoroSuub1 on Jun 14th, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Internet Movie Car Database (Contributions) - http://imcdb.org/movies.php?contrib=Soro
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
6255 posts
2028 upvotes
Dbang86 wrote:
does it include taxes?

Yes to taxes.

It makes more sense to fly out of YYZ if you live here, unless you have all the time in the world to travel to Montreal (and the bus to Montreal costs money too anyway!).

Flights between HK and Thailand are very cheap. Try skyscanner.ca and play around with the airports you're looking at. Note that you will need to check the cost of check-in luggage for the HKG-BKK flight.
Internet Movie Car Database (Contributions) - http://imcdb.org/movies.php?contrib=Soro
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
2065 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
Dbang86 wrote:
does it include taxes?

Bangkok to Beijing direct doesn't seem to easy. If you want to get from Bangkok to Beijing, you might have to fly Air Asia to KL first. There are plenty of flights from Bangkok to Hong Kong though.

There also seems to be a direct flight between Phuket and Beijing on Nok Air - might be worth looking into if you don't mind ending your Thai vacation in the south.
May 12, 2007
948 posts
51 upvotes
I am waiting for a deal to Tokyo to fly out Aug 26... this one is Sept 1... ughhh I could push my vacation 5 days but I wanted to have my birthday there :(

It's either this or those random $700 tokyo deals... guess I'll wait till the 16 when the deal becomes active and decide then
Dec 7, 2013
597 posts
328 upvotes
Quebec
When I select Montreal to Tokyo the lowest price I get without taxes is 941. What am I doing wrong? (for the right dates to boot)

Edit : Oh I see, the deal is only active on saturday and sunday
Aug 19, 2014
722 posts
249 upvotes
Is this for only selected cities or all Asia?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1206 posts
266 upvotes
Is this not it?
Images
  • ca-yvr-sha.jpg
May 12, 2007
948 posts
51 upvotes
Seks wrote: