Expired Hot Deals

[Air China] Montreal-Havana $299++, -Seoul or Singapore $499++, Vancouver-China $499++ 8/18-20

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2017 7:23 pm
[OP]
May 26, 2011
164 posts
83 upvotes

Montreal-Havana $299++, -Seoul or Singapore $499++, Vancouver-China $499++ 8/18-20

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Air China
Yet another weekend sale by Air China.

Montreal-Seoul or Singapore for $499 is pretty hot, while deals from Vancouver to 3 cities in China is just warm.

Another warm deal is that you get 8% off on other cities in Asia.

They usually start sales at midnight PT. I've heard of previous cases of purchases getting failed as you try to complete check out. If that happens, you may want to try other web sites like online travel agencies.
Freedom Mobile, booking.com, airbnb, AMEX, Carrot, EQ and Tangerine customer.
37 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1148 posts
179 upvotes
can't seem to find any at 499. 830 minimum i've found.
Apr 15, 2009
173 posts
39 upvotes
I will never use this airline, worst service, no English speaking or understanding crew.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
5125 posts
1159 upvotes
Montreal
bhush_18 wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 1:06 pm
I will never use this airline, worst service, no English speaking or understanding crew.
as long as it can take me from point a to point b, alive, I don't care.
Oct 1, 2013
180 posts
32 upvotes
EDMONTON
Will book Seoul/Singapore trip
Knowroaming sim means free WhatsApp.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2012
3889 posts
989 upvotes
Singapore is a really weird and unpleasant place that feels artificial and contrived. I really didn't like it when I was there. Everything is so controlled and artificially clean.
As we all know, the Greater Toronto Area is the center of the universe!
Jun 20, 2017
29 posts
11 upvotes
Haven't tried Air China before. Is their food good?
Mar 10, 2012
13 posts
29 upvotes
For people too lazy to click.

Travel period:
September 1 to December 5, 2017
January 7 to February 10, 2018
February 20 to April 30, 2018 (Blackout dates: October 5-15, 2017 (outbound flight)
September 22 to October 3, 2017 (inbound flight); Maximum stay: 3 months)
Apr 27, 2017
12 posts
7 upvotes
Madevilz wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 1:14 pm
My wife flew last week round trip YVR to ICN with stops in Shanghai and Gonghzou. Each leg of the trip was delayed 1 to 6 hours. Its cheap but don't expect to be there on time.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1148 posts
179 upvotes
VISA-FREE TRANSIT
72-hour Transit Visa Exemption for Canadians
Canadian citizens can acquire a 72-hour visa free transit in Beijing and Shanghai airports (and others listed below) only. This does NOT apply to cruise ship passengers. The visa-free travel is only offered to passengers who are transiting China by air on their way to another/third country (from Canada through China to another country; or from another country through China to Canada). You must fly in and out of the same city. You cannot go to any other city. You cannot leave the city in which you landed. You cannot use this to go from Canada to China and back to Canada. The transit must be to a third country for air travel purposes. This 72 hour visa is available when transiting the following airports: Beijing (PEK), Chengdu (CTU), Chongqing (CKG), Dalian (DLC), Guangzhou (CAN). Guilin (KWL), Shenyang (SHE); Xiamen (XMN) and Xi'An (XIY). Wuhan (WUH), Harbin (HRB) and Kunming (KWL). There are 3 requirements:
1) You must be a Citizens from one of the 45 countries (including Canada) in the 72-hour Transit Visa Exemption Program;
2) You must be a Canadian national / foreign national with a valid Canadian passport / international traveling document, and air ticket for a connecting flight with confirmed date of flight and seat for a third country or region traveling within 72 hours; and
3) You must be flying into and out of the Capital Airport of Beijing, or Pudong or Hongqiao Airports of Shanghai, or others, (see complete list above) to a third country.
This applies to Canadians and the following nationalities: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland; Russia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania and Ukraine; United States, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, and Chile; Australia, and New Zealand; Korea, Japan, Singapore, Brunei, United Arab Emirates, and Qatar.
The Chinese Embassy in Ottawa states "Foreigners who have confirmed onward tickets and seats on international flights and directly transit through China and stay for no more than 24 hours within the airport boundaries shall not need to apply for a transit visa".

Hmmm I wonder if I can make my layover in beijing a bit longer to stay for like 2 days
Jan 29, 2017
502 posts
479 upvotes
Had Air Chine from Beijing -> YYZ on the 787 Dreamliner. No complaints.

[update]Correction it was Hainan airlines, thanks for pointing this out!
Last edited by peli33 on Aug 17th, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1021 posts
154 upvotes
Halton
thanks op
why would someone have a website that asks you to fill in who is travelling together and then quote you a per person price?
Aug 12, 2014
78 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto, ON
peli33 wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 4:41 pm
Had Air Chine from Beijing -> YYZ on the 787 Dreamliner. No complaints.
You were on Hainan Airlines, not on air china. Air China only flies to Montreal and Vancouver.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4088 posts
1120 upvotes
Madevilz wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 1:14 pm
Rafting across the Pacific is another option for you then. It's probably cheaper too.