Air Duct Cleaning Phone Calls

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2019 11:24 am
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
1872 posts
342 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
I stopped getting duck cleaning, I just give the phones to my kids and they talk in baby talk and press all the buttons on the phone and when I take the phone from my kid to listen, the telemarketer has hung up by now probably out of frustration. so yeah waist their time waste it good, screw them
Hi
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3801 posts
723 upvotes
I switched my land line to voip.ms. There are an average of at lease 2 phone calls a day before/after the switch. Good thing for voip.ms is that I can unlimitly blocked those calls (at least I got over 300). However different numbers still show up once a while although it comes down to 1 call every few days.
Problem with these blocking method is that those guys changed the number on the fly. Say 1234567 called and blocked. They will changed to 4161234567 or 9051234567 or +14161234567 etc..Good thing is that I can do XXXX4567 or 416XXX4567 or even *4567 to avoid them but it's still quite annoying. I can put it through to voice mail or play music (an high pitch tone etc) or transfer to another number with voip.ms but this will costs me because it does as if I have picked up the phone as the plan is pay per call basis. I won't switch my number to FPL because FPL has NO phone blocking feature and I will be in trouble if I do.
So I finally decided to block ALL calls and just use the number for outgoing LD calls. And get another number for incoming calls. My address in 411 still show the old number.
Now it is quite. No more rings. But I occasionally checked the call log and I found there are still new numbers shown up meaning they will sell my number when stop calling. But I'm good now.
The trick is to switch to VOIP and get away with the regular phone line that registered to 411. Everyone will be switching to VOIP if BELL don't do anything to this.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Mar 1, 2011
433 posts
98 upvotes
Stoney Creek
The best way to get off the air duct cleaner call list is to annoy them. This guy called me a few months ago. I told him I was busy, and had my hands full and to call back in about 15 minutes. I hang up and The guy calls me back literally 3 minutes later. What nerve! I said to him " I told you to call back in 15 minutes not 3 I'm still not done! what don't you understand?"

So he the called back a 3rd time ten minutes later. Here I try to explain to him why I could not take his initial call.

Apr 10, 2016
9 posts
Toronto
Damn!!! and i thought i was the only one who was being called by "Daniel from air duck cleaning". That guy did NOT sound like a "Daniel"!!!!!!
THIS IS A FRIKKIN AWESOME WEBSITE!!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2007
4413 posts
254 upvotes
Of all the spam calls I get, I hate the duct calls the most. Nothing I have tried has stopped them!
The biggest no-fee lottery groups in the world and the best chances to win!
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7406 posts
1209 upvotes
Just tell them you live in an apartment with floorboards heaters. No air ducts for you to cleans
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2015
1036 posts
283 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Remember these guys are annoying as heck but they live in some horrific third world country and this is likely their only means of support. Just hang up.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6190 posts
1050 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
icantfigureoutausername wrote:
Sep 24th, 2018 5:20 pm
Remember these guys are annoying as heck but they live in some horrific third world country and this is likely their only means of support. Just hang up.
Not sure how much you've traveled to call India 'horrific'
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2015
1036 posts
283 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
newt_101 wrote:
Sep 26th, 2018 11:41 am
Not sure how much you've traveled to call India 'horrific'
As far as I know, India is considered to be a third world country. Either way, if this is the kind of job these guys have to do, or all they can get, then I'd bet their lives are nothing to write home about. I don't think telemarketing pays that much there.
Sep 11, 2018
17 posts
6 upvotes
Ottawa
I just tell them I have 3 furnaces and my house is 10,000 square feet.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
1323 posts
132 upvotes
Woodbridge
DC Caller: we’re doing a special promotion for duct cleaning

Me: thank you, but I’m not interested.

DC Caller: blah blah blah, how many bedrooms do you have in your house?

Me: I don’t have a house

DC Caller: why are you wasting my time!?
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2002
1087 posts
147 upvotes
Got a few calls past few weeks for duct cleaning. I played around to waste their time.. They asked if I needed duct cleaning, and I got yes, I was waiting for a duct cleaning offer!!! Then they start asking me how many rooms I have, and i said some big number like 15 rooms, then they ask me how many sq feet is my home, and I say 9000 sq feet.. then they hung up.
Aug 16, 2009
945 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
So what's a reputable duct cleaning company?
Banned
Mar 27, 2018
308 posts
266 upvotes
Why is it that when I go along with it
and show interest and ask about the company
they hang up on me?