Off Topic

Air Duct Cleaning Phone Calls

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2019 11:24 am
Aug 16, 2011
691 posts
343 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Sears Duct Cleaning is reputable. They charge around $400.
May 11, 2009
565 posts
166 upvotes
Just say you live in a condo. They'll hang up immediately.
Apr 6, 2008
773 posts
333 upvotes
CanKon wrote:
Oct 1st, 2018 1:52 pm
Sears Duct Cleaning is reputable. They charge around $400.
I doubt they are reliable now, since they filed for bankruptcy and closed all of their Canadian operations.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1596 posts
963 upvotes
Ottawa
I tell them to work on getting rid of their accent and then call me back.
Apr 15, 2014
379 posts
303 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sandav wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 6:16 am
I tell them to work on getting rid of their accent and then call me back.
Savage
Please respond
Aug 16, 2011
691 posts
343 upvotes
NORTH YORK
fusion2k2k wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 11:38 pm
I doubt they are reliable now, since they filed for bankruptcy and closed all of their Canadian operations.
They just did my parents house. Took 4 hours and good god did they suck up a lot of freaking stuff. They were great!
Oct 10, 2018
1 posts
You are not alone , I also get the call from 416-871-6743 , When I told him that I am a tenant and I don't require such service then he started laughing and said still he will call me until I give him my home owner's number , then he realized that I am also from India , he started talking with me in Indian language with bad words , I am a new to this country and I don't know how can I stop him from calling me , really frustrating
Apr 24, 2016
18 posts
Thornhill, ON
Someone should actually take their offer and send them to a McDonalds or something.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
13123 posts
1653 upvotes
Put them on hold or play a violent scene from Scarface while the phone is on.

Penalty Box
Apr 5, 2013
3363 posts
884 upvotes
markham
Shahnewaz wrote:
Oct 18th, 2018 4:28 pm
Someone should actually take their offer and send them to a McDonalds or something.
finally had enough and was polite and enthusiastic to the moron yesterday,,gave him 99 city center drive in mississauga as an address...the next will be 42 division in scarborough
Aug 7, 2017
2 posts
The best method I find for any/all unsolicited calls. I do this for any calls I get from any company.
While companies believe they have the right to advertise, I believe I have the right to NOT be bothered.

When they call, set up an appointment.

On the appointment day,
1) do not answer the door
or
2) don't be home.
or
3) if the appointment is not at your home, don't show up.

Sometimes they will call to confirm your home the day of the appointment, say yes.
Any of these works although you may have to schedule appointments several times before they blacklist you.
Blacklisting you is what you want.
If enough people do this companies would have to change their tactics.
Wasting their time, resources and money is what they don't want.
Getting mad, yelling at the phone, hanging up or asking to be removed from their list DOES NOT WORK!
SPAM advertising has become a 'business right' only because we have allowed ourselves to put up with it.
PozzyD wrote:
Sep 17th, 2012 1:00 pm
Does anyone get these calls? I get two everyday around dinner time (one at 4:00PM, the other around 6:30PM). It's annoying me beyond belief because it's been going on for months now. It's always a guy from India and it's always the same conversation, "I am calling from Air Duct Cleaning." At this point I usually hang up, say "NO," then hang up, or tell them where to go. At one point I went ballistic on one guy and he started throwing profanities back at me. Then when I hung up he called back about 2 more times laughing about how he was harassing me. At that point I just called my cell phone to keep the line busy and he stopped.

I've tried to call my phone company to see if there was anything they can do. The problem is the phone number is a Gmail account. I've even tried complaining to Google but they haven't responded. I've thought about getting a blocking service, but the damn Google number always changes. This is absolute bullcrap.

Am I alone?