• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2018 12:23 am
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11028 posts
1716 upvotes
Casual wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 8:26 pm
I missed them back in 2011. Will be my last Jordan I spend money on ever. I stopped back in 2014 buying them.
I won at two raffles. I'm thinking I'll buy one pair and yell out I'm selling this for 400$ and if someone bites I'll sell it to them, and then go to the next footlocker and buy them for real :). If not I'll let them raffle it again.
Did you get your pairs? I was stuck on Nike.ca website. Kept getting errors and gave up after an hour. I didn't bother with stores. With the largest release ever for Jordans, I'm not surprised that it sold out quickly but actually surprised that they are going for $400 in the resell market.
Nov 2, 2010
707 posts
107 upvotes
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Dec 10th, 2018 10:00 am
Did you get your pairs? I was stuck on Nike.ca website. Kept getting errors and gave up after an hour. I didn't bother with stores. With the largest release ever for Jordans, I'm not surprised that it sold out quickly but actually surprised that they are going for $400 in the resell market.
Yeah only one.
I didn't go for the second one. Didn't feel like having to resell and having to deal with University finals haha.
Dec 25, 2011
296 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know how raffles work, like how do you know which locations do raffles and what the process is?

Was lucky enough to walk out of footlocker this morning with my size
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11028 posts
1716 upvotes
markerizza wrote:
Dec 10th, 2018 1:42 pm
Anyone know how raffles work, like how do you know which locations do raffles and what the process is?

Was lucky enough to walk out of footlocker this morning with my size
It varies from store to store. Some have online registration. Some just require you to go to the store to pick it up a physical raffle ticket or enter your personal info into an iPad and some make you do both. For example Livestock, you go get a raffle ticket from the store. Then go online and fill in the ticket info on their website with your contact info and wait. Usually only winners are contacted.

Raffles aren't advertised very well. You typically have to visit or call the store to see if they have a raffle. The smaller boutique sneaker shops will usually post something on their website, but big companies like Footlocker and Nike don't.
Dec 25, 2011
296 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Dec 10th, 2018 2:57 pm
It varies from store to store. Some have online registration. Some just require you to go to the store to pick it up a physical raffle ticket or enter your personal info into an iPad and some make you do both. For example Livestock, you go get a raffle ticket from the store. Then go online and fill in the ticket info on their website with your contact info and wait. Usually only winners are contacted.

Raffles aren't advertised very well. You typically have to visit or call the store to see if they have a raffle. The smaller boutique sneaker shops will usually post something on their website, but big companies like Footlocker and Nike don't.
Thanks for the info! Do you know if the demand retros or any other shoes that are hyped always done by raffle?
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11028 posts
1716 upvotes
markerizza wrote:
Dec 10th, 2018 11:03 pm
Thanks for the info! Do you know if the demand retros or any other shoes that are hyped always done by raffle?
Depends on the store. Boutiques will usually only have raffles for the really popular releases. The problem is much of the reason why they are popular is because they have a limited release. Usually shoes get only 200 per store with some releases even significantly less. Also big franchises like Footlocker don't typically get the limited releases, so you are limited to boutiques like Livestock or Haven. Bigger releases like the Concords and Yeezys is when places like the Nike/adidas stores and Foot Locker get stock and do raffles. Small sizes (5-7) and large sizes (12-14) usually have very low quantity and it's the first that resellers buy as their rarity makes them more expensive... which sucks for big foots like me.

Best thing to do is keep tabs on sites which have release dates and if you see something you want, then call a bunch of shops to see if they have raffles. Often if it's 1-2 days before the shoe drops, there won't be a raffle. Ask if it'll be releases online, in store or both. Then hope you can beat the bots online or be prepared to wait hours in line in front of the store.

Side note: I was at the mall last night and saw the Concords on display. Asked if they had any sizes left and they had 2 size 13 left (one was on display). I wasn't allowed to try them on, but I can still return them if they didn't fit. I'm typically a size 12, but with Nike I'm a size 12.5 or 13. They are a little roomy, but fit really well. I guess I'm keeping them. :)
Dec 25, 2011
296 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Dec 11th, 2018 11:24 am
Depends on the store. Boutiques will usually only have raffles for the really popular releases. The problem is much of the reason why they are popular is because they have a limited release. Usually shoes get only 200 per store with some releases even significantly less. Also big franchises like Footlocker don't typically get the limited releases, so you are limited to boutiques like Livestock or Haven. Bigger releases like the Concords and Yeezys is when places like the Nike/adidas stores and Foot Locker get stock and do raffles. Small sizes (5-7) and large sizes (12-14) usually have very low quantity and it's the first that resellers buy as their rarity makes them more expensive... which sucks for big foots like me.

Best thing to do is keep tabs on sites which have release dates and if you see something you want, then call a bunch of shops to see if they have raffles. Often if it's 1-2 days before the shoe drops, there won't be a raffle. Ask if it'll be releases online, in store or both. Then hope you can beat the bots online or be prepared to wait hours in line in front of the store.

Side note: I was at the mall last night and saw the Concords on display. Asked if they had any sizes left and they had 2 size 13 left (one was on display). I wasn't allowed to try them on, but I can still return them if they didn't fit. I'm typically a size 12, but with Nike I'm a size 12.5 or 13. They are a little roomy, but fit really well. I guess I'm keeping them. :)
Thanks!
I got a size 12 2 days after release. I'm usually an 11/11.5. Feel scared to wear these cause I got a pair of 3s recently size 12 and they're too big; I get some heel slips