• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2013 12:48 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 5, 2005
332 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
Don't bother at Markville, there is well over 58 people.
Jun 18, 2008
840 posts
48 upvotes
Eaton center was a complete ***** show just like I predicted, why on earth they would rather have a big chaotic fiasco outside of their store instead of fully paid pre-orders is beyond me. It wasnt even a proper line, just a crowd of youths who were letting their friends join them. They werent even clear on which door they open to the mall first, so if you line up at the wrong door you are SOL. Also people run into the mall once the door opens, so your spot outside is useless.

People selling them on kijiji for $400-$450, are they out of their minds? You can get the OG dead stock versions on ebay for that price. Even the first retro versions. Both of which are better quality.
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
11886 posts
555 upvotes
Toronto
JORDAN HEADS - Question

When people line-up for these releases, is it because they have them first and they lock their size down ... or is this because these shoes will basically vanish?
When someone like me walks into a shoe stores and see's Jordan after Jordan after Jordan and buys one, are these over-produced commercial Jordans DIFFERENT then the ones these guys are lining up for today? Or will these one-day make it to the shelves of Foot Locker and Champs and even the clearance rack of Nike, just not today, Dec 2012.

I don't follow these releases and know nothing about them. Just that people wait and participate.
"Deal of the Day" addict
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
1192 posts
115 upvotes
Oakville
^ These Retros are limited in quantity. Once theyre gone, theyre gone.
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
11886 posts
555 upvotes
Toronto
And where do you find out about these releases? Jordan website or is there something more up-to-date?
I need to start lining up too :)

Oh and for everyone that got THIS ONE, it's a nice shoe, just saying :D
"Deal of the Day" addict
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
5017 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
DaVibe wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 6:37 pm
JORDAN HEADS - Question

When people line-up for these releases, is it because they have them first and they lock their size down ... or is this because these shoes will basically vanish?
When someone like me walks into a shoe stores and see's Jordan after Jordan after Jordan and buys one, are these over-produced commercial Jordans DIFFERENT then the ones these guys are lining up for today? Or will these one-day make it to the shelves of Foot Locker and Champs and even the clearance rack of Nike, just not today, Dec 2012.

I don't follow these releases and know nothing about them. Just that people wait and participate.
If its a sought after shoe, once they're sold out they're gone until Jordan Brand decides to release them again.
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
5017 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
wwedx wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 1:12 am
ohhh that makes sense. whats the differences between releases?
96: original release. the patent leather on it has a white edge and the carbon fiber looks a bit different than the other releases. jumpman on the heel collar faces the front of the shoe
01: first retro. the patent leather doesn't have the white edge that the originals had. the carbon fiber is a little more glossy on these ones. jumpman on the heel collar faces the front of the shoe
08: countdown pack retro. only came in a pack with the taxi 12's. garbage quality as the uppers are stiff like cardboard and the laces are thinner than the previous 2 releases. carbon fiber is similar to the 01's. jumpman is facing opposite directions than previous releases
2012: 3rd retro. carbon fiber is really bad quality and looks significantly different than any of the previous releases. the uppers are a bit softer than the 08's and the laces are thicker and similar to the first 2 releases. jumpan placement on heel collar is the same as the 08 release
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
5017 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
Premium wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 9:16 pm
Anywhere available in GTA? I called most Footlockers and they said sold out. I am sure there are a few places that have it. 10.5 to 11 should be okay. $400 is quite a saturated price.
I doubt it... unless you know any spots that nobody goes to. Have you tried sportchek? I don't think many people check there
Aug 4, 2009
293 posts
8 upvotes
I have a 9 in the 11s and 9 in thunders for sale if anyone wants PM me.
[OP]
Nov 2, 2010
428 posts
28 upvotes
choch wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 6:11 pm
Eaton center was a complete ***** show just like I predicted, why on earth they would rather have a big chaotic fiasco outside of their store instead of fully paid pre-orders is beyond me. It wasnt even a proper line, just a crowd of youths who were letting their friends join them. They werent even clear on which door they open to the mall first, so if you line up at the wrong door you are SOL. Also people run into the mall once the door opens, so your spot outside is useless.

People selling them on kijiji for $400-$450, are they out of their minds? You can get the OG dead stock versions on ebay for that price. Even the first retro versions. Both of which are better quality.

Whoa and to believe I was going to go there, good thing I ordered my pairs online from the UK. the night before
Feb 23, 2010
437 posts
13 upvotes
at stc at footlocker they had alot...i believe they had 200 pairs..i got there at 10 and an hour later i still got my pair
Apr 13, 2012
333 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
can't wait to sift through the thunder and bred threads in the bst forums for $400+ :facepalm:
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
11886 posts
555 upvotes
Toronto
N64 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 1:48 pm
I was 7th in line at the Eaton Centre, first time lining up for shoes. Interesting experience for sure lmao, happy I got my sz 10.5s.
How did you manage that with what everyone is describing? Multiple doors, didn't know which they'd open first to the mall, then getting to the store, etc etc
"Deal of the Day" addict
× < >