Shopping Discussion

Locked: Air Miles 2019 (General Discussion Thread)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2020 6:35 am
Jul 13, 2003
314 posts
1035 upvotes
Tried a few times this morning and couldn't get a rep to connect to chat but I tried again just after 1pm and a rep popped up immediately. Got 582 miles added in under 15 minutes.
May 8, 2015
460 posts
259 upvotes
East York, ON
Today Sobeys finally posted the AM earned on Jan 11, 'Blue Friday'. Posted under January 12, however.
Feb 8, 2012
199 posts
126 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
Leasiderin wrote: Today Sobeys finally posted the AM earned on Jan 11, 'Blue Friday'. Posted under January 12, however.
Sobeys/Safeway always posts for airmiles accumulated for an entire week, I believe Sunday to Saturday. So for any airmiles earned Jan 6 to 12, it will have the date of the 12th. They usually post the following Wednesday.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2018
1075 posts
664 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
beaugeo wrote: Sobeys/Safeway always posts for airmiles accumulated for an entire week, I believe Sunday to Saturday. So for any airmiles earned Jan 6 to 12, it will have the date of the 12th. They usually post the following Wednesday.
This might explain why the Customer Appreciation Day was lumped in.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
2356 posts
1999 upvotes
Halifax
In the East :
Lawton's is doing a Blue Friday - this Friday only. January 18th.

Actually some amazing deals in the flyer - I don't really need anything and I am not sure I am in a mood to "stock up" but there are some great rewards there.
A fan of RFD
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
2396 posts
2417 upvotes
Calgary
I got about 300 air miles posted for Blue Friday, but it should have been 3300 miles because of the Pasta deal 50 miles for $5. I hope I am not screwed, I have the receipts.
Sep 26, 2011
450 posts
603 upvotes
Curiously, the AM merchandise rewards catalog has a notice posted:
We are in the process of transitioning to a new warehouse. While we still expect to deliver within our standard 4-week window, you may notice a diminished selection of products and experience delayed wait times over the next week.
So, I wonder if AM has parted ways with The Marco Corporation of Brantford?
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2018
1075 posts
664 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Diafel wrote: I got about 300 air miles posted for Blue Friday, but it should have been 3300 miles because of the Pasta deal 50 miles for $5. I hope I am not screwed, I have the receipts.
I was given a "rain check slip" for both the Barilla Pasta deal as well as the Tide. Any idea if there is a limit to how many times I can buy a rain check item?

Side note: Has anyone actually eaten their Barilla "Ready Made Pasta"? Is it any good?
Apr 20, 2016
450 posts
433 upvotes
Edmonton
projector wrote: Barilla "Ready Made Pasta"? Is it any good?
Meh.

My rain cheque says the quantity on it. It's not unlimited and they wouldn't let me prepurchase 50 like some other stores were allowing.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2018
1075 posts
664 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
BigScee wrote: Meh.

My rain cheque says the quantity on it. It's not unlimited and they wouldn't let me prepurchase 50 like some other stores were allowing.
Interesting. My local store didn't ask me to prepay for it. Hopefully that's not a problem when I go back to buy the rainchecked items.
Dec 14, 2017
110 posts
138 upvotes
projector wrote: Interesting. My local store didn't ask me to prepay for it. Hopefully that's not a problem when I go back to buy the rainchecked items.
Would you still buy the pasta even though the 50 BAM offer was only for Jan 11? Or does the BAM still somehow retroactively apply because of the rain-check?
Nov 23, 2018
168 posts
165 upvotes
Diafel wrote: I got about 300 air miles posted for Blue Friday, but it should have been 3300 miles because of the Pasta deal 50 miles for $5. I hope I am not screwed, I have the receipts.
Strange ..my Blue Friday 570 Am posted correctly that included 8 barrilla pasta. Definitely save the receipt and do a chat..will be honered.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2568 posts
1094 upvotes
Anyone know if this coupon can be used for purchase of Shell GCs?

airmiles.jpg
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
2356 posts
1999 upvotes
Halifax
No gcards says specifically groceries.
A fan of RFD
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2018
1075 posts
664 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
wazzie19 wrote: Would you still buy the pasta even though the 50 BAM offer was only for Jan 11? Or does the BAM still somehow retroactively apply because of the rain-check?
I'll be honest I don't know how rainchecks work. The raincheck specifies Air Miles, hell, it specifies the $2 price as well. I think because my store ran out of the tide and either didn't get much pasta (or got none) I was told they were the two items they were rainchecking. Now I can only assume that they must have known I was Air Mile hunting. Here's hoping they can override the AM system and apply them retroactively. I just wonder if I can buy multiples of the pasta with the raincheck.... Will report back
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2018
1064 posts
1202 upvotes
projector wrote: I'll be honest I don't know how rainchecks work. The raincheck specifies Air Miles, hell, it specifies the $2 price as well. I think because my store ran out of the tide and either didn't get much pasta (or got none) I was told they were the two items they were rainchecking. Now I can only assume that they must have known I was Air Mile hunting. Here's hoping they can override the AM system and apply them retroactively. I just wonder if I can buy multiples of the pasta with the raincheck.... Will report back
i went to 2 stores and got rain checks one with a receipt style one and doesn't spesify airmiles and the other was hand written and does have yet to try and use either though
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
wazzie19 wrote: Would you still buy the pasta even though the 50 BAM offer was only for Jan 11? Or does the BAM still somehow retroactively apply because of the rain-check?
projector wrote: I'll be honest I don't know how rainchecks work. The raincheck specifies Air Miles, hell, it specifies the $2 price as well. I think because my store ran out of the tide and either didn't get much pasta (or got none) I was told they were the two items they were rainchecking. Now I can only assume that they must have known I was Air Mile hunting. Here's hoping they can override the AM system and apply them retroactively. I just wonder if I can buy multiples of the pasta with the raincheck.... Will report back
I got a rain check for buying 8 units at $2.50 each and receive 200AM. I was told to take the pasta to customer service to pay and get my 200AM. But after 1 week, I still cannot find any pasta to buy.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
Has anyone order stuff on ams rewards and still not gotten shipping number. I ordered on jan1st. Nothing. Maybe warehouse is maintenance huh. Tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Leasiderin wrote: Today Sobeys finally posted the AM earned on Jan 11, 'Blue Friday'. Posted under January 12, however.
beaugeo wrote: Sobeys/Safeway always posts for airmiles accumulated for an entire week, I believe Sunday to Saturday. So for any airmiles earned Jan 6 to 12, it will have the date of the 12th. They usually post the following Wednesday.
This.

And it is true for several of AirMiles Partners... who POST on a CUMMULATIVE Basis

I think just about all the Grocery Stores do... Sobey’s Group (all Regions / all Chains) - Metro - IGA Quebec etc

Also the LCBO here in Ontario POSTS DAILY, but they keep a running tab CUMMULATIVELY on a MONTHLY basis

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/EarnMiles ... rDirectory
Nov 23, 2018
168 posts
165 upvotes
I got a Bonus of 19 am under BONUS BMO NO FEE COALITION...I have both BMO no fee and WE card..any idea?