Shopping Discussion

Air Miles - Changes to amount of miles required for gift cards, mostly increases!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2011 12:01 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1583 upvotes
WHO wrote: Maybe with Safeway etc in Canada you can get a lot of easy AM, but in QC IGA si the only grocery store that gives AM and it's 1AM per 20$. Sometimes, 1 or 2 bonus miles on expensive items, and they seldom have 3X miles events. Let alone 5X (maybe once a year).

Very very hard to accumulate a lot.
Jean Coutu (drugstore) often has 10X on cosmetics, but their cosmetics are so damn expensive it doesn't really make it a bargain or deal.

It's really hard to accumulate easy AM, compared to a few years ago.
Now, with the toolbar searches gone, I won't even be able to obtain gold status (which has always been useless to me anyway).

I barely get Airmiles from Safeway, its for or less from Airmiles surveys and using my BMO account

Only time I score on Safeway is if they have a coupon for something I need that gets you good airmiles. last one was I got 50 for buyign toilet paper

Look online, there are plenty of ways to get airmiles. Signing up for certain newlestters, etc.
Nov 22, 2010
759 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
Even before the recent increase, the worth of an Air Mile was already a pittance. We don't have a safeway here, so it takes forever to earn enough even for a gift card. Why is it worth making the extra effort to fill up at shell (provided the prices are the same or higher everywhere else) when all you get is a measly $0.11 worth of an air mile for every tank between $20 and $49.99?
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
11038 posts
1546 upvotes
Brampton
Wow...that sucks :mad: I was just going to redeem some air miles for $20 Metro GC @ 140 air miles...I guess not anymore :evil:

I wish they had Sobeys GC available in Ontario not just Atlantic Canada :rolleyes:
The OFFICIAL Hardwood Flooring Thread
Voted RFD "Most Helpful Thread of 2012"
620 posts
34 upvotes
Man, 375 for $50 at Rona was a sweet deal (makes up for how overpriced that place is).
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2001
5231 posts
4105 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
brunes wrote: Sobeys Atlantic and Lawtons are still at the same rate - 140 for $20.

I am pretty sure Sobeys has a special arrangement with Airmiles, as one of their most active sponsors. I doubt they could change the rate without Sobeys approval.

[IMG]http://www.info-sobeys.com/eFlyer/image ... icates.jpg[/IMG]

The end is near..

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)