Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Air Miles

Free Air Miles (signups, surveys, etc.)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2019 8:35 am
Oct 22, 2012
452 posts
836 upvotes

Free Air Miles (signups, surveys, etc.)

Retailer:
Air Miles
I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread for the free Air Miles offers that pop up from time to time.
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT referring to any Air Miles offer where you have to buy something to get Air Miles.
I'll try to keep this post updated as people add offers.

CURRENT OFFERS:

[AIR MILES] Signing up for a new Air Miles account gets you 25 Air Miles. PRO TIP: If you want to collect Cash Air Miles, specify this at sign-up and wait a few days before completing the freebies listed below.
Otherwise, some of them may end up as Dream Miles because the system takes a few days to register your new account and recognize Cash Miles as your preference. 95 Cash Miles = $10 at participating retailers.
https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/Enrollment

[RONA] 25 Air Miles - Sign up for RONA emails (you can unsubscribe after you receive the Air Miles in your account)
Expiry: unknown
https://www.rona.ca/en/newsletter-subscription

[Manulife] 10 Air Miles - Complete this quick survey (thanks to @lor74 for the find) and get 10 Air Miles within 90 days - answers are "all of the above" and "true"
https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/TravelOne ... cale=en_CA

[Research Now] 15 Air Miles - sign up to complete surveys and receive 15 Air Miles for your first survey - see post #9 below for discussion
Expiry: none (standard offer)
https://www.airmiles.ca/m/SponsorDetail ... 0774220623

UNKNOWN STATUS:

[LCBO] 30 Air Miles - canadianfreestuff.com has a post from September advising of this bonus if you sign up for their newsletter and provide your Air Miles number.
No idea if it's still current, and no obvious promotion on the website, so probably expired, will update if I receive the Air Miles.
Also, there is an RFD thread from 2015 advising of this promotion, now in the Expired Deals column.
https://mylcbo.com/app/register

[Metro] 50 Air Miles - sign up for an online Metro account and provide your Air Miles # for 50 Air Miles (4-6 weeks for fulfillment)
Different methods and deadlines have recently appeared, but they *MAY* all be promoting an ongoing, untimed offer.
No guarantees at this point that you will get the 50 Air Miles (well, there weren't any before either - it may have been targeted), so you might want to wait. Once you've given Metro your AIr Miles #, it can't be used for a future promotion offering free AM for signing up.
https://www.metro.ca/en/sign-up

EXPIRED OFFERS:

[Hudson's Bay] 10 Air Miles - Create a new HBC Rewards account and sign up for auto-convert to Air Miles (via Shop The Block)
Expiry: December 14, 2017
https://shoptheblock.ca/en/home - select the Hudson's Bay coupon and click through to the registration page
Last edited by Erumuh on Dec 8th, 2017 11:40 am, edited 12 times in total.
51 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
11901 posts
24210 upvotes
Thanks!

Did the Manulife one, but didn't qualify for Rona since apparently I was already registered.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5755 posts
7939 upvotes
Ontario
Not sure about the LCBO AM promotion. I have shopped with Air Miles there when I buy a bottle or can. I know each holiday flyer offers bonus AM points on selected LCBO drinks for the flyer's duration.
Have new cookbooks but am not cooking anything new yet.
Aug 23, 2010
630 posts
562 upvotes
GTA
LCBO works, but it takes a while. I signed up Jul 5 this year and the 30 miles was posted Aug 17.

On another note, anyone having problems with the Manulife quiz? I click on "Take The Quiz" button but nothing happens.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
9019 posts
2817 upvotes
Ottawa
j831 wrote: LCBO works, but it takes a while. I signed up Jul 5 this year and the 30 miles was posted Aug 17.

On another note, anyone having problems with the Manulife quiz? I click on "Take The Quiz" button but nothing happens.
Works for me via rfd app browser.
Oct 22, 2012
452 posts
836 upvotes
I decided to add the Research Now survey site to the main post, but I don't necessarily recommend you continue doing it after you've completed your first survey.
Research Now has been a sore spot with many Air Miles collectors because they will front load the data collection in a survey, and then claim that you are not eligible to complete it (after you've already spent several minutes trying to "qualify" for a survey).
Also, the reward levels are not appealing, unless you really like filling out surveys and/or giving your opinion.

Signup is here for 15 Air Miles:
Oct 22, 2012
452 posts
836 upvotes
Thanks to @dawes @jeeva86 and @mikka2017 for info about this one in the Shop the Block thread.

@dawes received an email from Metro for 50 Air Miles when you create a Metro account by December 17.
MAY be targeted.
Added to the main post.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5755 posts
7939 upvotes
Ontario
Erumuh wrote: I decided to add the Research Now survey site to the main post, but I don't necessarily recommend you continue doing it after you've completed your first survey.
Research Now has been a sore spot with many Air Miles collectors because they will front load the data collection in a survey, and then claim that you are not eligible to complete it (after you've already spent several minutes trying to "qualify" for a survey).
Also, the reward levels are not appealing, unless you really like filling out surveys and/or giving your opinion.

Signup is here for 15 Air Miles:
That is my beef-5 - 10 minutes into a wine survey and then I cannot continue.
Or the question you have to answer to get to another question in order to find an open survey-I kept getting one about cars even though I have never owned one nor drive anymore.
Have new cookbooks but am not cooking anything new yet.
Oct 15, 2014
484 posts
1330 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Screw the "Research now" survey thing. They're the typical; 99% of the survey done then all of a sudden you did not qualify... Nonetheless the other Airmiles rewards were great, so thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1130 posts
513 upvotes
sajan647 wrote: Screw the "Research now" survey thing. They're the typical; 99% of the survey done then all of a sudden you did not qualify... Nonetheless the other Airmiles rewards were great, so thanks OP.
I know I learned by lesson after 2x trying it out, never qualify for a dismal 2 air miles. Why bother, I agree! Well air miles are still worth it for Shop the block and email sign ups so I'll watch out for that. Good thread idea.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1555 posts
659 upvotes
Ottawa
I guess I fall into the "likes doing surveys" camp. I blaze through them so fast, while doing other things, I don't care if I kicked out. Research now doesn't seem to disqualify any more than other survey companies, and the payouts are a little better. Almost all my completed surveys are 10miles ($1), most other companies are half that for the same kind of surveys.

Also like that they payout right away, no waiting 6 months to cash out points. Downside is I only get 1-2 invites a month from them.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1029 posts
763 upvotes
Surrey BC
Sweet thanks op good thread. God rfd has me hooked it's like a drug and a competition in a way. Hey if i'm gonna waste time on the internet might as well make it worth my while.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
IDStorms wrote: Thanks!

Did the Manulife one, but didn't qualify for Rona since apparently I was already registered.
Me and my mother just did Manulife one as well ... :)

Thanks OP
Nov 3, 2016
310 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
mabba18 wrote: I guess I fall into the "likes doing surveys" camp. I blaze through them so fast, while doing other things, I don't care if I kicked out. Research now doesn't seem to disqualify any more than other survey companies, and the payouts are a little better. Almost all my completed surveys are 10miles ($1), most other companies are half that for the same kind of surveys.

Also like that they payout right away, no waiting 6 months to cash out points. Downside is I only get 1-2 invites a month from them.
I don't mind doing them either, but I don't bother if the survey says '30 minutes' or something like that. I lack patience. If I get disqualified, it's usually after a few questions and at least I get one AM for it. I had 12 disqualifications in the past month.

Tonight I qualified and completed a survey which was going great until they asked me to watch an ad and then answer questions about it, and it was just over 22 minutes long. WTF? I'm pretty sure the opening page said it was 10-15 minutes or I wouldn't have started it.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
6185 posts
4811 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
Adelie wrote: I don't mind doing them either, but I don't bother if the survey says '30 minutes' or something like that. I lack patience. If I get disqualified, it's usually after a few questions and at least I get one AM for it. I had 12 disqualifications in the past month.

Tonight I qualified and completed a survey which was going great until they asked me to watch an ad and then answer questions about it, and it was just over 22 minutes long. WTF? I'm pretty sure the opening page said it was 10-15 minutes or I wouldn't have started it.
I hate when they do that too...
Alterna Bank Thread

TFSA Portfolio: ATD|CNQ|NA|SJ
RRSP Portfolio: ELV|URI|WSM

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)